Square 1

This topic contains 15 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Jessgentry26
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 27

So today i messed up really bad on my candida diet. Its been about 2 weeks at a start over point and now i have to start over again…i’ve been so restrictive with just veggies fish and eggs every day…and now i screwed up and had all types of sugar under the sun (dairy, sugar free ice cream,honey, oreos, banana chips) its uncontrollable! i don’t know what to do. So now i think I’m going to start on the 3 day cleanse all over again. I seriously feel like I’m never going to beat this. Not to mention i also get super constipated when i started the candida diet. I don’t even digest spinach leaves. 🙁 help.

Jessgentry26

Here is my current story (i’ve been through a ton of misdiagnosis and testing but this is currently what is going on)
    Hey everyone just wanted to share my story and maybe get some help.
    Im currently 20 years old and am battling limes disease, leaky gut, dysbiotic flora, as well as candida overgrowth. It seems that the candida constantly comes back when i get it under control and I can no longer control cravings I feel so hopeless. I have been on countless anti fungals and my diet was SUPER strict… would have veggies and fish and eggs thats it. For months on end. When i would try something new i would get bloating CONSTANTLY and everything would be back. today i had a huge sugar spiral but its weird because I’m always starting out craving fats and then those fat cravings turn to sugar then all hell breaks loose. I really fucked up today with diet but i’ve been on it for so long now and my weight has dropped so low i feel deprived all the time so i don’t know what to do. I’m beginning to think this isn’t just candida but may be something else too? we have done colonoscopy endoscopy everything under the sun… all looks normal. I didn’t even test positive for candida in my stool test (i was already on anti funglas at the time) but we are going to re do the stool test. I also am wondering if anyone knows if parasites can be unseen if you are on antifungals? Simply because i tested negative for parasites as well. It just doesn’t make sense, I feel like i am resistant to all anti fungals and when I do binge eat i don’t gain any weight. Granted i get SUPER bloated and occasionally throw up (no this is no bulimia, i promise) but other than that if i go right back on my diet I go right back down to a super low weight. I can’t even tolerate nuts even though i have been allergy tested. I guess what i am trying to say is HELP! Doctor recommendation, advice, support, anything is appreciated.

shit I’m currently taking: natural anti fungal (has oregano, garlic, etc) coconut oil, magnesium, serpeptase, cowmen protocol for lyme (herbal based) that has detox included (STILL SUPER CONSTIPATED THOUGH probiotics and prebiotics (sachro boulardii)

someone please answer… thank you for your time and for reading this.
    wishing you nothing but good health

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

Do you have any amalgam fillings? Eat a high-fish diet?

Candida is the symptom of an immune problem. Diet/probiotics/antifungals can only help you get it under control. You must restore your immune system to reach a cure.

As far as the bloating goes, from everything I’ve read, It’s almost always due to low stomach acid. Low stomach acid leads to food sitting undigested in your stomach. I used to suffer from this tremendously. Supplementing with Betaine HCL after meals as helped a lot with this symptom. Check out this article: http://scdlifestyle.com/2012/03/how-to-supplement-with-betaine-hcl-for-low-stomach-acid/

Jessgentry26

I do have an immune problem. my SIGG (immunity in my G.I. tract) Immune system is at 0.3 on a scale of 51-204 mg/dl (this is secretory IGA) and this is referenced from my stool sample. My doctor said he has never seen one this low before and so I am well aware that this candida infection is hanging around. We can’t figure out what else is going on. I was on Biogest for low stomach acid but i didn’t notice any difference when on it. All i know is I keep getting worse but nothing is showing on stool tests. my first stool test i was on antifungals. Do you know if this could also show up negative if doing the stool sample on antifungals? i know it would affect the the results of candida showing up as positive (which it showed up negative) thoughts?

Jessgentry26

I also do have a high fish diet. I prefer to be pescatarian because all other meats seem to make constipation worse. (I think) Litterally my diet is oils, eggs, fish, and veggies (steamed and sautéed) minus today where i binged on everything to the point of vomitting 🙁

ThomasJoel2
    Participant

Jessgentry26;55512 wrote: All i know is I keep getting worse but nothing is showing on stool tests. my first stool test i was on antifungals. Do you know if this could also show up negative if doing the stool sample on antifungals? i know it would affect the the results of candida showing up as positive (which it showed up negative) thoughts?

I wouldn’t worry too much about this. In my opinion, it’s not entirely relevant. The clinical picture and the symptoms you’re experiencing are much more important than the results of a lab test. Also, you don’t need to have a candida overgrowth in order to experience digestive disturbances or food intolerances. For me anyway, “candida” has become somewhat of a blanket term for digestive disturbances in general.

What were your beneficial bacteria levels like? To me, that’s more important. Look for your lactobacillus and bifidobacter levels if the stool test you did has them listed.

Jessgentry26;55513 wrote: I also do have a high fish diet. I prefer to be pescatarian because all other meats seem to make constipation worse. (I think) Litterally my diet is oils, eggs, fish, and veggies (steamed and sautéed) minus today where i binged on everything to the point of vomitting 🙁

I too used to struggle with binge eating and I’m very familiar with the pain that goes along with it, both emotionally and physically. Do your best to not beat yourself up over it. It’s pretty much inevitable in my opinion to develop some type of binge eating disorder at some point or time due to the incredibly restricted nature of the diet we’ve been forced upon.

Jessgentry26

thankyou for your support. I do have a dysbiotic flora, in fact i have NG (no growth) of lactobacillus NO GROWTH of bactericides fragillis group. As for the others I’m 1+ bifobacteriu spa. 4+ Escherichia coli 4+ Enterococcus spp. So the two ones you were asking about i have no growth of. For dysbiotic flora i had 3+ of citrobacter freundii and 4+ of klebsiella oxytoca both are bacterial infections of the small intestine. I was given flagyl to get rid of them. I have no idea if they are gone, and its not like antibiotics help me in any way shape or form. What are your thoughts on my very low flora for the ones you were asking about?

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

I hear a lot of anxiety and frustration in your posts.
    I freaked out like that in the beginning of my treatment too, because I wanted relief so bad that I started doing all kinds of antifungals and began following the most common protocols.

Not unlike you, the strict diet threw my balance off and I found myself getting very depressed,frustrated,and panicky.

The strict protocol doesnt work for me.

With that said, I tailored it in a way that works for ME personally, and my freak-outs are fewer and further between. There are those who disagree with my protocol because it includes foods that will hinder my recovery, and im okay with that.
    They are probably right, but I know that for me, I wont recover if I am depressed and freaking out.
    Unless you have a great support system at home, you have to make this diet thing work for you. My support system SUCKS, and if I had to be super strict to recover, I would probably eventually punch my significant other in the face lol

One thing that may be helpful, is reading through some of the candida-stories from the members here. Some may resonate with you, and with the ones that do, I would consider bringing up their protocol to your current doctor to see what they think.
    The reason being, you are only going to do what you resonate with, and following the advice of someone/doctor that doesnt resonate with your history and what you know about yourself will only result in self-anger.
    I went to an MD all freaked out, got my blood panel done looking for anything off, and the doc was USELESS!
    She actually said to me “yeah, this is a real disease in some people’s minds, and some have found relief with diflucan. I can give you that if you want.”
    I asked her “do I need it?” and all she could say is “maybe, I dont know”.
    So I found myself angry with myself, because it was an expensive mistake to go to her knowing she was probably going to be dismissive…I kind of knew it….and she was :/

If I specifically can help in any way, feel free to chat with me on my thread http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst9863_Here-to-learn-what-works-and-what-doesnt—is-this-a-forever-thing.aspx

Otherwise, this is a time-consuming illness and making it tolerable until you gain momentum is going to be the biggest help.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Just continue on the diet like before and this is only a temporary setback…this is a long term battle and not a short one. Some people freak out and start taking high doses of antifungals or probiotics and you shouldn’t do this.

-raster

Jessgentry26

what is the problem with taking high amounts of anti fungals?

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

Jessgentry26;55529 wrote: what is the problem with taking high amounts of anti fungals?

I made the mistake going strong on antifungals until I was gently reminded that this takes time.
    Completely agree with what raster said there.

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

Jessgentry26;55509 wrote: Here is my current story (i’ve been through a ton of misdiagnosis and testing but this is currently what is going on)
    Hey everyone just wanted to share my story and maybe get some help.
    Im currently 20 years old and am battling limes disease, leaky gut, dysbiotic flora, as well as candida overgrowth. It seems that the candida constantly comes back when i get it under control and I can no longer control cravings I feel so hopeless. I have been on countless anti fungals and my diet was SUPER strict… would have veggies and fish and eggs thats it. For months on end. When i would try something new i would get bloating CONSTANTLY and everything would be back. today i had a huge sugar spiral but its weird because I’m always starting out craving fats and then those fat cravings turn to sugar then all hell breaks loose. I really fucked up today with diet but i’ve been on it for so long now and my weight has dropped so low i feel deprived all the time so i don’t know what to do. I’m beginning to think this isn’t just candida but may be something else too? we have done colonoscopy endoscopy everything under the sun… all looks normal. I didn’t even test positive for candida in my stool test (i was already on anti funglas at the time) but we are going to re do the stool test. I also am wondering if anyone knows if parasites can be unseen if you are on antifungals? Simply because i tested negative for parasites as well. It just doesn’t make sense, I feel like i am resistant to all anti fungals and when I do binge eat i don’t gain any weight. Granted i get SUPER bloated and occasionally throw up (no this is no bulimia, i promise) but other than that if i go right back on my diet I go right back down to a super low weight. I can’t even tolerate nuts even though i have been allergy tested. I guess what i am trying to say is HELP! Doctor recommendation, advice, support, anything is appreciated.

shit I’m currently taking: natural anti fungal (has oregano, garlic, etc) coconut oil, magnesium, serpeptase, cowmen protocol for lyme (herbal based) that has detox included (STILL SUPER CONSTIPATED THOUGH probiotics and prebiotics (sachro boulardii)

someone please answer… thank you for your time and for reading this.
    wishing you nothing but good health

Jess,

I would recommend:

1. Stop taking dozens of supplements/herbs/anti-fungals
    2. Temporarily remove trouble foods from your diet (foods you can’t digest (Spinach) and foods that cause bad bloating/cramps/etc.).
    3. Stop being so strict for now, forget the cleanse and focus for long term success.
    4. Reduce chronic inflammation with Omega 3’s (Fish oil, grass fed butter, Flax, etc.) and avoid Omega 6 oils soybean/vegetable oil, corn oil, etc. Olive and coconut oil are best.
    5. Ferment vegetables at home

You have severely damaged flora.
    I would not expect your gut flora to fix itself when taking dozens of anti-microbials (which you suspect a yeast acquired resistance), being stressed, and going on sugar binges.

Start simple and slow, going in “Guns-a-blazin” will fail every time.

-D

ThomasJoel2
    Participant

Jessgentry26;55523 wrote: thankyou for your support. I do have a dysbiotic flora, in fact i have NG (no growth) of lactobacillus NO GROWTH of bactericides fragillis group. As for the others I’m 1+ bifobacteriu spa. 4+ Escherichia coli 4+ Enterococcus spp. So the two ones you were asking about i have no growth of. For dysbiotic flora i had 3+ of citrobacter freundii and 4+ of klebsiella oxytoca both are bacterial infections of the small intestine. I was given flagyl to get rid of them. I have no idea if they are gone, and its not like antibiotics help me in any way shape or form. What are your thoughts on my very low flora for the ones you were asking about?

I was curious about those results because to me that’s a much better lab marker for gut dysbiosis. I had similar numbers when I got a stool test done a while back.

I know you’re already struggling, but I’d highly recommend removing all fish from your diet. You’re already in a susceptible state with your immune system weakened and any mercury you ingest is going to be making you worse.

Hope you’re doing/feeling better today!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Here’s a post I have about doing too much too fast:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst8180_Doing-too-much-too-fast.aspx

I recommend the following:

-stick with diet but maybe eat more food in general. Maybe go less strict starting out and go more strict as time progresses. Maybe try a food elimination diet or gaps diet where you try out certain foods for a period of time. For instance, eggs could be problematic and cause constipation, etc. Eggs are a very common allergen. Try a week with and a week without eggs.

-Come up with a well thought out detox plan before starting this, otherwise you will feel like crap the whole time.

-Research all of the people who have struggled with this and learn from them and their experiences.

-raster

Jessgentry26

Thank you for your information. Right now I’m looking for a doctor who can get me on the right track with Candida, because right now I’m not getting the correct help. I have one doctor trying to sort out my lymes disease (his speciality) and everything else that is going on. Do you know of any good resources to find the right doctor to help me?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Square 1’ is closed to new replies.