Spit Test – New to the site

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Spit Test – New to the site

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  king tut 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hatetheovergrowth
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 15

Hi all,

I’ve been reading the website and forums for a few months now but this is my first post.

I’ve suspected something hasn’t been right with me for quite a long time now and when I started a pretty high pressure job (my first job in the industry), alot of health issues began to become apparent. I’m well on my way with working out a lot of them. Following this diet to a good degree (not completely) over the past month has made me feel alot better. Particularly cutting out the sugar and processed food (my diet was never terrible though).

Anyhow, the point of this post is just to ask about the spit test and how reliable people think it is (obviously certain things have effects on it). One thing I noticed over the past couple years was my saliva getting horribly stringy which I’d never noticed in the past. I tried the spit test just out of interest and it just looked horrible! I have drank a very good amount of water every day over the past couple years just trying to help any system trying to recover but one thing that never changed was this “camel” like spit, which I couldn’t put down to dehydration. This was one of the first symptoms that lead me to reading about something like a candida overgrowth.

I took this in March this year. Haven’t tried it since. Might try it again actually just out of interest as I’m feeling alot better and my saliva does feel different.

https://ibb.co/ncah8U

Any thoughts would be interesting.

Thanks.

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

The spit test was invented the GHT, the company that markets Threelac. It’s an expensive probiotic with very low CFUs of bacteria. Don’t pay any attention to the spit test. Staying hydrated will probably changed the ‘result’!!

Hatetheovergrowth
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 15

Haven’t been looking at this forum for a while, I’ve been too busy. I still have a crazy amount of symptoms. I drink a hell of a lot of water and still constantly have this stringy saliva all the time. Horrible… :D.

Also I’ve often got a white covered tongue which about 10% of the time goes orange. Acid reflux is also a big issue.

king tut
    Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 41

I had white tongue horribly before as well with acid reflux. Interestingly enough, the acid reflux was a function of too LOW stomach acid, not too high. I was on omeprazole for a long time to combat it, which made it much worse. The doctors I saw were useless and steered me in the wrong direction. The white tongue is most likely Candida. Try taking spoonfuls of coconut oil everyday in increasing amounts, I guaranty you will get die off, which is a sign of fungal overgrowth. I only started to improve when I cut dairy and gluten out of my diet. My tongue is not fully clean yet, but it is a lot better than when I was at my sickest. On my way to recovery, but not quite there yet.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.