Spirulina Dosage

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Spirulina Dosage

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  orka1998 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

SirFabsalot
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 7

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone is on spirulina (powder or capsules) and what dosage they are taking.

The general advice I have found on the www is adults should take 2-3 grams per day – is anyone taking more than this, and have they had any positive/negative side effects?

Any commens n which is better – tablets vs powder? (Based on effectiveness, taste, flexibility etc)

Thanks

SF

SirFabsalot
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 7

Just saw reply by raster/able on previous chlorella post advising 3-5g per day.

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

The spirulina tablets I take recommend 3g per day, which is 6 of their tablets. I’ve had non-tablet spirulina in vegetable juice, but it tastes very plant-y, so if you’re not into it, the tablets are probably a better route.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I take 6 500mg tablets a day, 3 in the am, 3 in the pm, like the bottle says to do. I’m not sure what anyone else recommends.

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

OK, I found out they sell spirulina in my city, but am debating (with myself :D) about taking it or not. Did you notice improvement after taking it?

I researched it online and I am a bit turned off because in few places online they mention that it could be contaminated with some toxins so I am trying to weigh in benefits against risk.

Also, does anyone know if this is safe for children (3 yo)? I am currently working hard in restoring my girls flora after antibiotic, I am trying to give her as much prebiotic and probiotic, but they say spirulina supports growth of good bacteria so…

Thanks in advance!

Arijana

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

I feel good when I take spirulina, personally. It’s both a prebiotic and a sort of natural “multivitamin,” since it contains so many trace elements and minerals and vitamins, along with a good amount of protein.

I would recommend being picky about where you buy it from, if you get some.

Chlofloso
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 104

Hi Arijana,

I have asked my new doctor (who is for once a competent person who invests a lot of time in educating herself) whether Spirulina is safe because I wanted to take it. She told me that a colleague of her had a set of different Spirulina and Chlorella tablets as well as other algae products from health food stores analyzed and that it was highly contaminated with mercury and other heavy metals. It sort of does make sense since algae are known to bind heavy metals. She said she’d never ever tell a patient to take this (and she’s not generally against alternative medicines, she does give them to people if she thinks they are useful in her opinion). Therefore I am not gonna take it.

Hope you’re doing fine, I am usually too tired to visit the forum often…

Chloe

orka1998
    Participant

shayfo;35096 wrote: I feel good when I take spirulina, personally. It’s both a prebiotic and a sort of natural “multivitamin,” since it contains so many trace elements and minerals and vitamins, along with a good amount of protein.

I would recommend being picky about where you buy it from, if you get some.

Thanks shayfo!

orka1998
    Participant

Chlofloso;35097 wrote: Hi Arijana,

I have asked my new doctor (who is for once a competent person who invests a lot of time in educating herself) whether Spirulina is safe because I wanted to take it. She told me that a colleague of her had a set of different Spirulina and Chlorella tablets as well as other algae products from health food stores analyzed and that it was highly contaminated with mercury and other heavy metals. It sort of does make sense since algae are known to bind heavy metals. She said she’d never ever tell a patient to take this (and she’s not generally against alternative medicines, she does give them to people if she thinks they are useful in her opinion). Therefore I am not gonna take it.

Hope you’re doing fine, I am usually too tired to visit the forum often…

Chloe

Hi Chloe! You are still here!!! Love seeing your name again! I wondered about you several times, but assumed you are no longer on the forum an perhaps don’t want to be bothered. I will send you PM so we don’t clog the forum’s posts 🙂

Arijana

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Spirulina Dosage’ is closed to new replies.