Spirulina- Die Off.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Spirulina- Die Off.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Beat Candida 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Beat Candida
    Participant
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 73

I started taking Spirulina 3 days ago. The First day was fine, Yesterday I got some Diarrhea issues & Today I took it with the Breakfast & now I am encountering terrible pain in my stomach & Bloating & extreme gases. I am taking them in Pill form made by “NOW Foods”.

I still don’t have Molybednum Amino Acid Chelate yet(On order from US) but am taking Now’s NAC with Molybednum & Milk Thistle for die off.

Not taking any Anti-Fungal now after finishing 2 weeks of the 6 anti-fungal supplement.
    Only taking a couple of spoonfuls(TAble) of Coconut oil. Have oredered Oil of Oregano & Formula -SF 722(Not Available in Canada).

If it stays like this then unfortunately I have to stop taking it & I think that my energy level was definitely up after taking Spirulina for couple of days. Even the Strep Throat got miraculously improved in 1 day. (Taking 3000mg of Vitamin C also helped for sure).

Should I continue or Stop ?

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

I wouldn’t take spirulina until you’re taking a supplement for die-off. It’s like sucker-punching your liver.

Beat Candida
    Participant

shayfo;47651 wrote: I wouldn’t take spirulina until you’re taking a supplement for die-off. It’s like sucker-punching your liver.

I am taking 2x 400mg Milk Thistle & 2x NAc with Molybednum(Only 50mcg x2 though). You think that it is not enough ?

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

Oh right, I read your original post wrong. If you’re having extreme die-off, as in anything that can be described as “terrible pain,” I would back off the spirulina.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Spirulina is also a chelation agent so it removes heavy metals from the body. This can have all sorts of unintended side effects.

Additionally here is some info I pulled from wikipedia “Some spirulina supplements have been found to be contaminated with microcystins, albeit at levels below the limit set by the Oregon Health Department. Microcystins can cause gastrointestinal disturbances and, in the long term, liver cancer. The effects of chronic exposure to even very low levels of microcystins are of concern, because of the potential risk of cancer.”

So if you are having GI disturbances I would be concerned about the above statement in regards to the micrcystins.

Here’s another thing worth mentioning as well: “Heavy-metal contamination of spirulina supplements has also raised concern. The Chinese State Food and Drug Administration reported that lead, mercury, and arsenic contamination was widespread in spirulina supplements marketed in China.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirulina_(dietary_supplement)

-raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

On the strict diet, the exact type of spirulina you should take is described in detail. If you take this form you don’t have to worry about Raster’s warning of contamination, but only about die-off symptoms which it definitely sounds like you were experiencing. I would follow Shay’s advice and wait until you have the correct type and amount of Molybdenum.

Sean

Beat Candida
    Participant

Makes Sense. After going to the washroom 8 times in a 3 hr window. I am feeling a bit better.

Have to wait a few days till I get MolyB & will try again.

I did feel the Brain Fog clearing at least for a day so Spirulina does work for sure.

Thanks once again everyone for the input.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Spirulina- Die Off.’ is closed to new replies.