spices the culprit?

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals spices the culprit?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  carla mc 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

carla mc
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 15

just had a brainwave! (it happens so slowly lately..!):) i’ve been using a garlic powder. it’s organic, says it has nothing in it but organic garlic…but my symptoms have worsened since using it. (although the stress in my life has increased the last few weeks too.) can something so minor like a spice make all the difference? (i hope so!)

carla mc

oops.i meant to post this under the ‘discussion’ headliner…as my post isn’t a ‘story’ but, alas, i guess it’s all part of my yeast ‘story’ as a whole. 🙂

greebles
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 31

it’s die off. alternatively, you can just mince garlic and swallow a spoonful so you know that it’s only garlic

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

carla mc wrote: just had a brainwave! (it happens so slowly lately..!):) i’ve been using a garlic powder. it’s organic, says it has nothing in it but organic garlic…but my symptoms have worsened since using it. (although the stress in my life has increased the last few weeks too.) can something so minor like a spice make all the difference? (i hope so!)

Carla, would you mind describing the symptoms? Also tell us what antifungal you were using before the garlic, if there were any.

Able

carla mc

i had been using oil of oregano.things stayed the same (felt like steady lessening of symptoms) during the 10 days on olive leaf extract(liquid). since trying the GSE (2 weeks) and the new garlic powder, tongue is feeling thicker, pastier. burning mouth again too.a new thing-the teeth with amalgam feel extra coated no matter how much brushing(with neem&tea tree oil)& flossing. i don’t think it’s ever felt this bad orally, but still feeling good about the improvements in digestion.maybe it’s just the yeast battling with the chemistry, one last (hopefully) hurrah with my body before i starve it out? i’ve been in the habit of taking anti fungals with meals…might this make a difference? it’s fascinating to realize how the yeast is affecting the anxiety-or is it the other way around? incredible that the more yeasty/stressy i get, the more of a lady beard i get! (that was also lessened dramatically the first 6 weeks on the diet.)

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

carla mc wrote: it’s fascinating to realize how the yeast is affecting the anxiety-or is it the other way around? incredible that the more yeasty/stressy i get, the more of a lady beard i get!

It’s a two-way process. Your psychological state can influence your biochemistry and vice-versa. It’s hard to control your biochemistry while you’re not optimally absorbing nutrients and experiencing die-off, but you can at least try to exercise some control over stress. Stress will cause you much bigger problems than any spice, and you can probably assume you won’t cure your problem until you deal with it.

carla mc

agreed. the anti candida diet has become much more than just ‘changing my diet for a while’…and become a whole life overhaul! 🙂 thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘spices the culprit?’ is closed to new replies.