- November 16, 2012 at 9:28 am #91834
OnoliciousMemberTopics: 4Replies: 2
Here’s another recipe for those vegan members like me also trying to combat candida! Be sure to use the freshest spaghetti squash as possible. If too many of the seeds inside the squash have sprouted, that indicates that the squash is too old and will taste bitter.
SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH VEGAN PESTO
- 1 small spaghetti squash (make sure it’s fresh!)
- 3 cups (packed) washed and dried fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 2/3 cup Brazil nuts, chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 T minced garlic
Basil Pesto Method:
- In a blender or food processor, finely chop the basil leaves. Add 1 T of the oil and blend into a paste.
- Add pine nuts, Brazil nuts, sea salt and garlic and blend. While processing, gradually add the remaining oil and blend until smooth.
Spaghetti Squash Method:
- Cut squash in half, lengthwise. Place the two halves of squash seeded sides down into a baking dish. Add water ½” high to the baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes in a prehead, 375 degree (Farenheit) oven until easily pierced with a knife.
- Remove squash from the oven. Turn each half over, cover again with foil and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove the squash from the oven, uncover and let sit just until cool enough to handle. Spoon out seeds and discard. Use a fork to shred and remove the squash flesh into a bowl.
- Toss the basil pesto into the still hot spaghetti squash. Salt and pepper to taste.
Enjoy with a side of veggies!
The topic ‘SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH VEGAN PESTO’ is closed to new replies.