Spaghetti Squash and Tomato sauce

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Lunch & Dinner Spaghetti Squash and Tomato sauce

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Lauren 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

Spaghetti Squash and Tomato sauce
    Instead of noddles I use spaghetti squash and put tomato sauce on top of it. Make sure the sauce you are using has no sugar. My mom is Italian and makes her own sauce from tomato, so I just use hers. I cant even tell that I am not having noddles 🙂

Kkmetz04
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 18

I tried spaghetti squash this past weekend, and my husband said it tasted better than any regular noodles he had ever had!

Ashlay
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 57

What is spaghetti squash??

Kkmetz04

It’s a type of squash found in any supermarket. They look a lot like a football only yellow. When you bake them the meat inside falls out in little strands that look just like spaghetti.

I cut mine lenthwise and then rub with EVOO and salt and pepper. Pla e cut side down on baking sheet and bake for about a hour at 350

Ashlay
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 57

Interesting! Thanks! I’ve seen summer squash and butternut squash at my supermarket, is it a similar thing? What does it taste like, actual noodles??

Kkmetz04

It should be right around those others…as for the taste… You can tell it isn’t made out of white refined flour but it tastes very good not like you are eating a bowl of veggies.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

According to able on allowed foods list, spaghetti squash is not allowed because it is very high in the glycemic index. I believe it is very starchy as well.

Tomatoes in large amounts are not allowed on the diet as well because they contain sugar and are highly acidic. If you eat a small amount of tomatoes, then it is ok, but don’t indulge too much…tomatoes are also a fruit and not a vegetable (FYI).

-Raster

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

Raster, Thanks for the reply! Spaghetti squash was something my doctor and Brenda said I could have. Same with tomatoes. But it now makes sense that I cant have it. I think tomato sauces is a nice treat to have since I never eat regular tomatoes and will only have it once in a while. Just trying to be creative. 🙂
    Thanks again
    Lauren

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Spaghetti Squash and Tomato sauce’ is closed to new replies.