spaghetti squash and coconut palm sugar

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions spaghetti squash and coconut palm sugar

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  tareq 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Naturegirl27
    Topics: 40
    Replies: 36

I am on the last phase of the diet. I started eating oat bran and millet, tomatoes, nuts, apples, yummy… all sorts of things.

So can I eat spaghetti squash yet or coconut palm sugar? When can I start again, if ever?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I don’t see many problems with spaghetti squash personally; able didn’t include it in his strict foods list for some reason though.

Here’s its nutritional profile:
    http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2655/2

Its basically neutral on the inflammatory scale, contains relatively low sugar, not much starch, low on the GI scale…I’d say that sugar is its main problem (4g per 1 cup). But if you are planning on eating spaghetti with tomato sauce a whole bunch, it could be problematic because the tomato sauce contains much more sugar and is slightly more inflammatory, etc.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2696/2

As far as coconut palm sugar…I would avoid this for a long time. I would either have it as a cheat food item (along with honey, agave, rice syrup, maple syrup, etc) only, or use it as an alternative to sugar. A long term health goal for anyone should be to avoid white sugar for the rest of their lives as much as possible…

Stick with the stevia…

-raster

tareq
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 10

As per as coconut palm sugar always I want to avoid it. You can take it an alternative to sugar. But if possible avoid it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘spaghetti squash and coconut palm sugar’ is closed to new replies.