Soya Spread and Lactofree Cheese

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Soya Spread and Lactofree Cheese

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Kkmetz04 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Ashlay
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 57

A question for the experts…

I was browsing in my local supermarket earlier and came across this product: Pure Dairy Free Soya Spread, it’s ingredients are as follows:

Soya Oil (45%), Water, Vegetable Oils, Salt (0.75%), Natural Flavouring, Vitamin E, Vitamin A, Colour (Natural Carotenes), Vitamin D2, Vitamin B12.

It is dairy free, so no lactose and contains nil sugar and nil carbs.

Similarly, this lactose free cheese contains less than 1g of carbs/sugar: Lactofree Cheese

Would these products, and others in the “Free From” range be suitable for the diet once the cleanse period is over?

Thanks

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

The spread sounds like a type of margarine. I’d recommend reading up on what margarine actually is and how it’s processed by the body, because I don’t think you’ll want to touch it again if you do. It makes butter look as healthy as a stick of celery. Ghee (clarified butter) is on the allowed list and you can find it in the world foods section of most supermarkets (check by the Indian stuff). Soy is best avoided when you have any kind of digestive problem, so I’d leave the spread even if the chemical similarity to plastic doesn’t put you off.

The cheese probably won’t do you much good. Most cheese has 4% or less of sugar anyway (mozzarella is less than 1%), so there’s not any advantage really. If it’s an aged cheese, like cheddar, it’ll also contain mould.

I think it’s best to stick as simple as you can for as long as possible. I tried some sesame oil in my stir-fry and it seemed to give me a reaction (doesn’t help that they’re all refined rubbish in supermarkets). Once the cravings disappear it’s not half as bad as it may sound now.

Ashlay

Yeah i’ve seen the Ghee and look forward to experiment with it in baking later on. I guess i’ll stay away from these products. I cant stop thinking about food all day long lol

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Ashlay wrote: Yeah i’ve seen the Ghee and look forward to experiment with it in baking later on. I guess i’ll stay away from these products. I cant stop thinking about food all day long lol

I was the same. I’m on day 20 now and I’m not thinking about croissants and nan bread so much. I’m starting to appreciate simple salads, steamed fish and vegetables a lot more and treating myself to some chicken once a week. It definitely gets easier; you just need to stick out the first few weeks.

Ashlay

Im actually really enjoying my vegetable “stir fry” it’s really delicious and I can feel the diet doing me good already. I just need to stay strong in my mind there is a constant battle going on but I have pretty strong will power so I won’t give in 🙂 just give me my coconut bread back and I’ll be happy!

Kkmetz04
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 18

Ashlay wrote: Im actually really enjoying my vegetable “stir fry” it’s really delicious and I can feel the diet doing me good already. I just need to stay strong in my mind there is a constant battle going on but I have pretty strong will power so I won’t give in 🙂 just give me my coconut bread back and I’ll be happy!

I am really wanting to have so e stir fry, and would love to know what you use as the sauce since we cannot have soy sauce?? Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Soya Spread and Lactofree Cheese’ is closed to new replies.