Soy Sauce! (almost)

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Soy Sauce! (almost)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Belganson 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Riinehart
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 21

I’ve been meaning to share this with you guys, but keep forgetting. I found this at my local health food market and was not only quite surprised that it existed, but also that it tastes great, and really works well as a soy sauce substitute.

By riinehart at 2012-01-07

The only ingredients are coconut tree sap and sea salt. One serving is listed as having 5 calories, 0g sugar, 1g carbs, 113mg sodium.

Here is some of the text from the bottle, which I found interesting:

“When the coconut tree is tapped it produces a highly nutrient-rich “sap” that exudes from the coconut blossoms. This sap is raw, very low glycemic, an abundant source of 17 amino acids, minerals, vitamins, and has a nearly neutral pH. A comparison between coconut tree sap and soy shows that coconut sap contains 2-14 times the amino acid content of soy.”

I’ll leave it to the camp elders as to whether or not this is okay for the diet, but it certainly seems to be, as far as I can tell. Their website is http://www.coconutsecret.com, looks like there’s more info on there but I haven’t really gone through it.

Enjoy!

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Looks interesting. They have a range of products too, including sugar and vinegar alternatives.

Riinehart
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 21

Yea, pretty interesting… unfortunately seems to only sell in US and Canada. I wonder if there’s other companies making similar products.

Was really missing Asian flavors, so I’m happy to have found this. Should also mention it doesn’t have any coconutty taste.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

I’ve found it on a couple of UK sites, but I’d have to pay the equivalent of $13 plus shipping of at least $4… If it’s okay to eat, maybe I’ll treat myself to some when I introduce some sesame oil and soba noodles 🙂

Faith
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 87

Just got this a couple of weeks ago! Sooooo good! I had heard about it, but kept forgetting to look for it! I love it! Praise God they figured it out!! 🙂 I’m so happy! 🙂

Doggiemama
    Topics: 43
    Replies: 204

Doggiemama

follow up:
    i bought some of this and its awesome. No more soy sauce for me. This is good stuff.

paulkur89234
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 20

I’m imagining a steak with this soy sauce. Hmp! Never mind.

Doggiemama

yes….thats what i put it on.. oh..and there was a recall on it so its unavailable right now. there were white specks floating in a few bottles so they recalled them all. i tired to order and discovered this.

yisucks
    Participant
    Topics: 131
    Replies: 331

Are these available in stores yet? I saw doggiemamas post

Belganson
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 15

Yum! Just bought it at natural food warehouse. There are a few white flakes but I would assume its coconut but will check on recall. Eating it on chicken and brown rice. Delish!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Soy Sauce! (almost)’ is closed to new replies.