Soy?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  anniroC: 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

anniroC:
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 5

Thoughts on Soy with this diet?
    Like Soy milk?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I wouldn’t recommend it, but some people eat it. Its a tough one for your body to digest.

anniroC:

I was more referring to Soy Milk? thoughts?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

I’ve never been able to figure out how soy products in general came to be such a well known and so-called ‘health food’ – because they’re not, and this includes any product made from soy such as soy milk. Normally soy products of any type should not be eaten if you have Candida, and in my opinion, at any other time as well.

Here are just a few reasons for the above statement.
    Soy is plentiful in phytates which are capable of blocking the uptake of essential minerals as well as nutrients that the body needs to exist. Soy also contains large amounts of toxins such as enzyme inhibitors.

It’s known to reduce the digestion of proteins, causing chronic deficiencies in amino acids. They can disrupt the function of the endocrine system (hormones and glands). Soy is also notorious for its high levels of aluminum.

Did you ever hear the saying, “Real men don’t eat tofu”? About 2000 years ago, tofu, a soy product of course, was used to promote sexual abstinence in monasteries. This was possible because the phytoestrogens soy contains can lower testosterone levels. Maybe there’s actually something to the saying after all.

Today, the soy milk sold in stores is a highly processed and full of the toxins that occur in soy. It’s also full of additives to make it more palatable. I would suggest, if you’re looking for a substitute for regular milk, try either goat’s milk or perhaps almond milk. You can buy at least one brand of almond milk to which no sugar has been added.

Able

anniroC:

ah… ok, thanks for the insight. I will look for some almond milk today.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Soy?’ is closed to new replies.