Something to try, probably controversial, but…

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Something to try, probably controversial, but…

This topic contains 15 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Ruffian
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 72

Let me start off by saying I did the Candida Diet for almost 2 years. For awhile I could only eat chicken, turkey, broccoli, brussels sprouts, eggs, avocado, some almonds occasionally….and that was about it. I’d have a reaction to everything else.

I have tried everything. Every antifungal, every probiotic. Kefir. You name it. I did it. I slowly got “better” but was not “well”. There’s a big difference.

It wasn’t until I ordered some RX antifungals from a Mexican Pharmacy. 3 bottles of Diflucan and one of Nystatin, and a bottle of Nizoral. What I’d do was eat something I loved but knew my Candida loved too but take high dose antifungals with it. I could tell my Candida loved certain foods because my tinnitus would increase 3 fold after eating it and I became itchy and I’d get mucus in my throat and eyes. I ate wheat bread at Cheesecake Factory and took the pills with the bread. I’d eat yogurt at Menchie’s and take them with it. Within a week I was passing huge clumps of Candida in my stool. My symptoms were going away. I could eat things I haven’t been able to eat. And I felt SO much better. My eyesight was clearing, my anal itch went away, my sinus cavities drained and I could breath. What I’m thinking is that attaching the antifungals to it’s food source actually helped kill it. (just a thought)

I took Lypospheric Vitamin C as I was detoxing.

But seriously have never felt better.

(I know this is controversial and goes against everything we have learned, but just wanted to throw this out there in case someone has tried everything and is at the end of their rope, like I was.)

greenone
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

hmmm, I doubt bacteria work that way, it’s not like they can move very far to go after a piece of food and then get tricked. It’s more likely that one of those pills did the trick and anything you would have eaten would have worked the same way. Just my 2 cents.

I haven’t read anything yet on obtaining Nystatin, is that usually prescription only or can it be over the counter? And if only by prescription, is a mexican pharmacy a way to get it without one? Just curious, in case I go that route at some time.

Glad to hear it worked though, always a relief when something finally works! Hopefully others will try it out and give some more testimonials on if it worked for them too.

Ruffian
    Participant

It’s the same concept as the “trojan horse theory”. That’s why some say baking soda and molasses works….yeast feed on the sugar which is laced with baking soda.

I just did it a little different.

candida_sucks
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 148

Ruffian;48610 wrote:

It wasn’t until I ordered some RX antifungals from a Mexican Pharmacy. 3 bottles of Diflucan and one of Nystatin, and a bottle of Nizoral.

How did you order from a Mexican pharmacy? No prescription needed? What kind of cost?

Ruffian
    Participant

There are 2 online Mexican pharamacies I’ve used and you can get the generic versions of any of the antifungals. (it’s medicinesmexico)

Bansaw
    Participant
    Topics: 50
    Replies: 106

I’m pleased you’re feeling better Ruffian. Doesn’t seem to make sense that your Candida died off whilst being fed. You’d have to wonder where it was “hiding” all that time to be immume from attack.
    I took Diflucan for 4 weeks but my Doc didn’t want me on it for long term. I wonder if your theory works with non-RX anti-fungals such as Oil of Oregano etc?

I also wonder “where” your main Candida infection was located…

Interesting testimony though … hope it just gets better and better for you. 🙂

Ruffian
    Participant

Yeah, I know it sounds crazy. And let me say….before this I have tried so many different things. I couldn’t even name them all. Every health food store antifungal, every kind of probiotic (high doses), H202, the Candida Diet, etc. and yes…I slowly made progress. Three years ago I was bedridden with Fibromyalgia but all that has gone away in the past few months to where I feel like a new person. I don’t know “the thing” that helped the most. Maybe it was a combination of all of it. I paid attention to my liver and took antioxidants too. It wasn’t until I ordered all the RX antifungals and took high doses with certain carbs that I felt like I’d turned the corner. I also have been doing Nystatin enemas for a few weeks. My anal itch went away, my energy has come back, my moods have gotten so much better, less anxiety. My neck pain and inflammation is gone. The one lingering thing I have is tinnitus in my left ear that has gone from an 8 to a 2….But I can still hear it. I have been snorting Nystatin and putting it in my neti pot.

Bansaw
    Participant

I have this anal itching issue. I wonder if that means the Candida is located in the colon or bowl area and I need some kind of enema or colon therapy?

Ruffian
    Participant

Yes…I think enemas are very important too. I’ve followed what Jorge says about them.

Bansaw
    Participant

I remember when I was treated for a bacterial infection a few years ago which I caught in Africa. My tropical med doctor (who was a pioneer in her field) would not prescribe just one antibiotic, she always doubled them up. She said that “one of the antibiotics will open up the cell wall of the bacteria, and the other antibiotic will destroy it.” So, she always gave me two to take at a time because bacteria sometimes has a layer of protection that needs to be taken away before it becomes vulnerable.

Maybe for you it was the same with the fungus: the sugar made it open up to eat and caused it to be vulnerable and then , because you were taking antifungals at the same time, they profited from this vulnerability and were able to attack the candida in its open state.
    Just a theory.

emz333
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 49

wow thats really interesting. i am like u, i have been SO sick with this. i have tried EVERYTHING, i just ordered lufenuron on the internet, i know some people will scoff at me, but i am SO sick, i have lost my job and am running out of money. i got put on methotrexate which i have read on aome random sites on the internet is worse for candida, but my skin is unbeleivably bad, ii have no choice at the moment. this is literally completely ruining my life and nothing is helping.. i am also allergic to almost all foods including coconut oil, one of the best antifungals… my whole entire diet is organic chicken, fresh fish, asparagus, celery, brocoli, cauliflower, leftuce, cabbage, bone broth, onions, i have to be so careful to rotate these every 4 days or il become allergic to these too.. can candida become resistant to nystatin?? can i get it from my G.P? thanks for sharing!

Ruffian
    Participant

I have several books on Candida and one woman took Nystatin for 3 years for her Candida and her Multiple Sclerosis went into remission. If you can’t get prescription anti-funtals through your doctor, or an online pharmacy….I have ordered powdered Nystatin called Medistatin. It is actually for birds but it is 100% powdered Nystatin. You can use it for enemas. I have had great results doing that too. I’ve been where you are. It’s an uphill battle.

fizzlex
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 24

Well, its good that this worked for you, however, some of us who have had this disorder for over 10+ years, have acquired more than just a handful of symptoms. For me, my biggest struggle is the tietzes syndrome, and the fatty deposits underneath of my skin (direct result of leaky gut). My system is so damaged, I cannot benefit from prescription anti-fungals because of the toxicity. Some of us who are “half way” healthy, can tolerate these drugs, as I cannot. I can’t even take a painkiller anymore because the next day my entire body will ache and my jaundice gets worse. I have had full hepatic panels, and everything is “fine” as far as tests go, but my doctor cannot explain why I’m having jaundice and fatty deposits, which are both signs of hepatic failure. Even though I may not be suffering from hepatitis, I am suffering from an overload of toxins and undigested food inside of my entire lymphatic system.

The most important thing to focus on is to not only “kill” the candida, but you MUST restore the lining of your gut. This is crucial, because no matter how many anti fungals you take, or how much you diet, you will never be fully healed until your leaky gut is fixed. There are all sorts of raw foods and supplements that can be incorporated to achieve this. Once your gut is healed, you can start focusing on flushing your organs and incorporating natural herbs to heal each one specifically. You must heal your leaky gut, and you must heal all of your vital organs (liver, spleen, kidneys, and lymph). Hence, why Able and raster have repeatedly stated, anti-fungals and diet alone will not cure you.

Start focusing on regenerating the lining of your gut. For most people who have Candida, it can take up to 1.5-2+ years to restore your gut. I have a 2 year plan set for healing my leaky gut, and I will consume whatever I need to get there. I don’t think I will ever go back to eating sugar and high carb foods. Eventually, I will incorporate some form of carb, just to remain in ketosis, however, your body has sugar stored, and can survive for up to 12 months without sugar or carbs, which is a minimum timeline to heal leaky gut.

Good luck!

fizzlex
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 24

Also, I forgot to mention, some people may have undigested fat from meats inside of their liver and lymphs, which may also make it harder to heal yourself. Hence, a handful of people cannot tolerate meats as well as some may. This is why digestive enzymes are crucial to recovery, whether it be Swedish Bitters, or some other form of supplement. Either way, you need to incorporate some sort of supplement into your diet that will digest the “undigested” food particles that have leaked out into your tissues. There are supplements out there that can help process each type of molecule (protein, fat, sugar, carbs, etc). Just have to find a set that works for you. 🙂

Ruffian
    Participant

Yes…for leaky gut healing I take a powder called Glutagenics by Metagenics. Purchased off of Amazon. Good reviews.

I do take a lot of other things to detox, heal the gut, and build my immune system. But none of that will work until the Candida is under control.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Something to try, probably controversial, but…’ is closed to new replies.