Some statistics mentioned !

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Some statistics mentioned !

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  dvjorge 7 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

This website mention how Michael Biamonte, and Dr. John P. Trowbridge have pointed how most candida patients are toxic with mercury. The numbers are high, so I brought it to your attention.
    Jorge.

http://cleansing.bhealthyagain.com/Candida_Cleanse.html
    http://www.health-truth.com/192.php

Marbro
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 252

Looks like the dental amalgam controversy has made it to Wikipedia. I never trust wikipedia because anyone can edit it but this article really goes into the details of this controversy.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dental_amalgam_controversy

When there are so many folks including some scientist who say there is somthing to mercury being leached from our teeth. Its something that shouldnt be ignored.

I found this too
    Amalgam dental fillings are a health hazard
    NEW YORK, NY. Dr. Gary Null, PhD and Dr. Martin Feldman, MD have just released a major report concerning the health hazards of dental amalgam (silver) fillings. They point to incontrovertible evidence that mercury continually leaches from amalgam fillings at a rate of about 10-50 times the safe limit (0.28 microgram/day) set by the US Public Health Service. Mercury has been linked to birth defects, multiple sclerosis, fatigue, Alzheimer’s disease, depression, anxiety, reduced immune function, antibiotic resistance, and impaired kidney function. Researchers have found that mercury is a potent killer of white blood cells and that proper removal of amalgam fillings will restore white blood cell counts to healthy levels. There is also evidence that the number of T-cells (an important part of immune defenses) decreases substantially when amalgam fillings are placed in the mouth, but increases again once the fillings are removed.
    The American Dental Association (ADA) maintains that amalgam fillings are safe – a position made completely untenable by the fact that the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has declared amalgam to be a hazardous material. It is interesting that the ADA, when confronted by a lawsuit regarding the use of amalgam fillings, made the following statement in its defense, “The ADA owes no legal duty of care to protect the public from allegedly dangerous products used by dentists.”
    Several studies have found that chewing markedly increases the amount of mercury released from amalgam fillings into the mouth and that these mercury vapours easily find their way into the pituitary gland and the brain. Autopsies performed at the Karolinska Institute in Sweden revealed that people with amalgam fillings had three times more mercury in the brain and nine times more in the kidneys than did people with no amalgam fillings.
    Common bacteria found in the mouth and intestines can convert mercury to methylmercury, a compound that is 100 times more toxic than is elemental mercury. Methylmercury passes both the blood-brain and placental barriers and following a large exposure can remain in the brain for 10 years or more. Considering that dentists still place about one million amalgam fillings in the mouths of American citizens every day it is clear that disorders caused by amalgam toxicity is a horrendous problem. Not everyone is sensitive to mercury, but various studies estimate the percentage that are to be somewhere between 10 and 44 per cent. Fortunately, a few governments are beginning to wake up to the dangers and are passing laws restricting or outright banning the use of amalgam fillings. The German, Norwegian, Swedish, Canadian and British governments have advised dentists not to install or remove amalgam fillings in pregnant women. Since November 2000 the following sign has been posted in all dental offices in California, “WARNING – Amalgam fillings contain a chemical element known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm”. The California Dental Association apparently lobbied successfully to ensure that the word mercury did not appear in the warning.
    The Australian Society of Oral Medicine and Toxicology has concluded that mercury in amalgam fillings is continuously released from the fillings and accumulates in tissues throughout the body where it interferes with many physiological functions.
    Null, Gary and Feldman, Martin. Mercury dental amalgams: the controversy continues. Journal of Orthomolecular Medicine, Vol. 17, No. 2, 2nd Quarter 2002, pp. 85-110 [180 references]
    Editor’s comment: There is no question in my mind that amalgam fillings pose a serious health risk to everyone whether or not they actually exhibit symptoms of mercury toxicity at this time. New amalgam fillings should be avoided and old ones replaced with composite fillings under safe conditions when it becomes necessary.
    http://www.yourhealthbase.com/amalgams.html

This site above has tremendous amount of info on the subject and list different research articles discussing this issue.

The more I research it the more I am conerned that there is indeed an issue. I am going to cut down on my fish intake drastically until I eventually do have my filling removed.

This>

More than half of Dr. Lichtenberg’s patients exhibited one or more of the following symptoms of chronic mercury poisoning – fatigue, poor concentration, poor memory, bloating, joint pain, muscle fatigue, cold hands and feet, irritability, and headache. Mercury poisoning from dental fillings has also been implicated in Alzheimer’s disease and heart disease.
    Lichtenberg, H. Mercury vapour in the oral cavity in relation to number of amalgam surfaces and the classic symptoms of chronic mercury poisoning. Journal of Orthomolecular Medicine, Vol. 11, No. 2, Second Quarter 1996, pp. 87-94

these are a lot of very familiar symptoms.

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Hi guy!

Hi Jorge, you know a lot about the amalgam issue and I wonder if you
    have heard advice for those who have no money to get the poison out of their mouths?
    I mean I would take them out in a hurry if I would have the money but as it is as it is I am happy to pay just my monthly bills and I still too short with survival money.

Now, I have so much symptoms and sufferings that I too wonder if it has something to do with the fact that I have ca 8 to 9 fillings. Big ones in the back of my mouth. To take them out I would need to win some money or a rich unknown uncle would have to die and I would get some money. I dont see a chance in that. What can I do? Is there a chance to protect my system/ Body from the toxins?

yours
    thomas

Marbro
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 252

@Thomas

I am pretty much in the same boat. I would have to make serious sacrifices if not just not being able to afford it outright to have my fillings removed. So I have been researching it.

I found this

Yoshiaki Omura, MD, director of medical research at the Heart Disease Foundation and president of the International College of Acupuncture in New York, reported that after finding he had been heavily exposed to mercury, he accidentally discovered that when cilantro is taken in a lightly cooked form it causes a massive excretion of mercury via the urine.

Dietrich Klinghardt, MD, Ph.D recommends cilantro as one of the best means to remove mercury from the brain. His clinical research has found that 5 grams (teaspoonful) a day is the minimum dose.

Fresh cilantro can be prepared by finely chopping eight or more heaping teaspoons, steeping in approximately one quart (or one liter) just boiled chicken broth or water, covered for twenty minutes. Be sure to avoid using metalic cookware, since cilantro is a powerful metal chelator. Use only Pyrex or Corningware!
    The tea or broth may then be sipped throughout the day. This will have to be continued for at least

two to three months to be sufficiently effective in most cases of elevated mercury levels.
    Read more on his work and others regarding Detoxification of mercury here
    http://www.klinghardtacademy.com/Articles/Mercury-Detoxification-Perpetuating-Factors-Problems-and-Obstacles.html

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

This sounds very interesting. I remember that Jorge warned against chelating toxins while having the amalgam still in the mouth.
    Jorge, if you read this what do you think about the post and news here from Yoshiaki Omura?

thanks
    thomas

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Thomas wrote:
    This sounds very interesting. I remember that Jorge warned against chelating toxins while having the amalgam still in the mouth.
    Jorge, if you read this what do you think about the post and news here from Yoshiaki Omura?

thanks
    thomas

Thomas,

Unfortunately, chelating with amalgams present is a high risk procedure.
    To my knowledge, there are only two known chelators able to cross the brain blood barrier, Cilantro and ALA. Both are powerful mercury mobilizer that transport mercury from a point to other in the body. If you have amalgams presents, and take any of them, you probably end with mercury in your brain. Chelation is a serious business that need to be studied and thought very carefully before to decide anything. I have read from Omura before and many more papers about chelation and mercury.

People who remove the amalgams need to wait at least 3 months before to take ALA, and need to use another chelator during those 3 months such as DMSA or DMPS which aren’t able to cross the brain blood barrier to avoid bigger damage.

As you see, the thing isn’t as easy as it looks like.
    Jorge.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Some statistics mentioned !’ is closed to new replies.