Some questions I have about the diet

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Some questions I have about the diet

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Inuskita 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Inuskita
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

Hi everybody,

Its today my 4th day of the diet, still on the cleanse step, and I was expecting to notice either my symptoms to worsen or improve, but I do not feel anything..
    I am confused because in principle I do not feel any differece to how I was feeling before starting the treatment (bloating, headache, skin acne, tiredness all day long, etc).. And this does not give me so much motivation.. I have been doing everything I should do, including drinking the totally disgusting detoxifier drink.. Should I in fact feel some candida die-off symptoms if it is working or how can I feel if it is indeed working?

Can someone help me to clarify that?

Another questions I have are:

In general: What should I focus on when going to buy food if not only in the carbohydrate amount (including sugar amount)? How can I know myself what is โ€œsafe to eatโ€ in a Candida diet? I ask myself these questions because in the yes list there is butter, which contains fat and 0.7 g of sugar per 100 g of butter, since that means a very small quantity of sugar per meal, I understand that is not relevant, but then foods of 0 g of sugar like parmesan cheese for example, am I allowed to eat?

– Can I drink or use coconut milk that is up to 2 g of sugar per 100 g or would this be too much? The organic one she suggested is not available in my country.

– Can I eat lentils and chickpeas and stuff like that in phase 2?

– It says not to eat cous-cous, but can I eat bulgur for example?

– What about tomatoes (normal, cherry..) and red pepper? They are in the list but they are quite sweet and I have read some controversial opinions.. Is it safe food then?

– In the wheat flours that I have found in my country, the amount of sugar is maybe up to 0.5 g per 100 g, so I do not understand, why am I not allowed to eat wheat? Like wheat flour or wheat bread? (Since the coconut flour contains minimum 8 g of sugar per 100g)

I appreciate and thank in advance all possible help on this, since the diet is quite strict and I need to raise up my motivation..
    Best regards,
    Inรฉs

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

That’s a lot of questions!

I think most of the foods that you mention should be OK. It’s important to remember that it’s the overall amount of sugars that matters – not necessarily what you’re getting from a single portion of a single food.

Coconut milk should be OK as long as you get the canned milk (not the one from the dairy section). Yes, it will contain some natural sugars – that’s fine. Look for a BPA-free version if you can, but it’s not the end of the world if you can’t find it.

Wheat is excluded because of gluten, not because of its sugar content.

Stick with the healthy diet, don’t drink the detox drink if you hate it, and give it some time ๐Ÿ™‚

Inuskita
    Participant

Thanks a lot Wiley200 for replying to my post! ๐Ÿ™‚

Ah okay, but for example in yogurt, I tried to search for a plane natural yogurt (unsweeted) and the amount of sugar goes from 4-5 g anyway.. So I do not know if I would be still allowed to take this in phase 2, you know? its a bit confusing because depending in each food the amount of sugar varies a lot.. For example almond butter which says its allowed, the one I have seen organic and natural contains already 5 g of sugar but already the normal almond nut I have seen has almost 4 g so this in principle should be okay or not? So how much sugar in the overall amount of the day would we be eating as allowed? maybe thats the best question of all, or how can I find this out?

Haha yes today im in day 5 and I stopped drinking the detox drink but will keep drinking lots of water instead and out of grains until the weekend just to make sure (kind of making a 1-2 in between step for 2 days). So did you already overcome this candida infestation? how long did it take you? You think its normal that I dont feel any different after 5 days (not worse nor better) or what is your experience about this if you dont mind to tell.

Thank you again very much ๐Ÿ™‚
    Cheers!

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

Remember that some natural sugars are OK, and in fact desirable. You don’t want to completely eliminate carbohydrates and go on a ketosis diet. The candida diet is a low-carb diet not a no-carb diet!

Look at the ingredients label for your yogurt. If it doesn’t contain sugar of any kind, then you should be good. The natural sugars are fine.

Inuskita
    Participant

Ah right, I try to avoid all sugar and you are right. I should start already taking some in a natural way and controlled dosis. Thank you for your big help on this! Good luck! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Some questions I have about the diet’ is closed to new replies.