Some questions :)

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Some questions :)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Allira 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Allira
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 40

I did the diet on this website in July with awesome results. However, I have slipped off the wagon quite badly and would like to try the diet again. I see the diet (on this website) has changed quite a bit since I did it last though!!

I will follow the cleansing program as suggested on this forum (the ‘protocol’) as it sounds safer. Then go on to the diet after a week or so.

– Is taurine ok to take (as it is listed on a detox support supplement I bought – along with dandelion and milk thistle) as support during the detox?
    – I cannot for the life of me find molybdenum anywhere, apart from in a zinc supplement, or a fructose based supplement. Not keen on taking zinc as I don’t think I have a deficiency and obviously fructose isn’t an option. This is a shame as I experienced a pretty dramatic die off last time and expect it will be the same this time! Last time I took Vitamin C and took alot of epsom salt / himalayan salt and lavendar baths. Still ok?
    – I realise alcohol is a big no-no, which is fine as I don’t drink anyway, but how about homeopathic supplements.. they are in a water/ethanol base. I was thinking of taking them for the die off side effects (nausea etc). I imagine the alcohol in the remedies is minute and may not matter so would be fine to take?
    – and finally- I find this website very informative and it makes a lot of sense to me, like I said I got great results last time. But it is confusing why is the diet listed then not recommended? alot of what is said becomes very contrary and confusing..I’m not trying to stir trouble with this question! I just wonder why a diet is listed then in the forum it is very different that is all 🙂

Thanks in advance!!

Himawari
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 65

Hi Allira,

If you’ve been away for half a year, the following is a good index of most of what you’d want to know about the “forum candida diet” (vs the website diet), and will hopefully answer a lot of your questions:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1922_Index-of-Posts.aspx

Essentially, the advice given there is “ignore the website, stick with the information on the forum.”

Happy reading! Let us know if you have further questions.

Allira

Thank you Himawari!! Very helpful and has cleared up some things for me.

I see that brown rice is no longer allowed, this is upsetting for me as it got me through last time and I still got great results. i think I will still eat it in stage two.

So now I have some new questions!

– the homeopathic remedies (in water/ethanol base) yes or no??

– is rooibos (red bush) tea ok, it is caffiene free and high in antioxidants so I assume this would be a good choice? And peppermint/spearmint tea?

-taurine and lecithin? yes/no?

– also Able, you seem to be a wealth of knowledge and information on this site!!! Very lucky to have you here! Are you a naturopath?

Thanks again!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Homeopathics are OK, you should be able to get over the small amount of alcohol found present within them. I have been taking homepathics for months and it didn’t really set me back very much.

All herbal teas are OK for the diet.

Never heard of taurine or lecithin so cannot comment. Why do you want to take these?

Able is not a naturopath…

A great alternative to brown rice is buckwheat…

You may not be able to go 100% back to your old diet after doing this diet, it seems as though candida can come back very easily.

-Raster

Allira

Thank you raster.

The lecithin and taurine are in my liver detox support formula, which also contains milk thistle and dandelion. Taurine is an amino acid. It is often found in energy drinks. Lecithin is a liver support and lowers cholestrol.

I ended up seeing a naturopath this morning and went over everything with her so taurine is actually good support during the cleanse, yay.

She also said brown rice is ok as it is gluten free and whole grain. A relief for me because I hate buckwheat! 😉

Thank you for your help!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

A much healthier alternative to brown rice would be black or red rice. We don’t recommend eating rice with the diet because it contains a high amount of starch. Its not on the allowed foods list.

-Raster

Allira

Thanks – my naturopath looked at the list I printed (from this website, before I saw the new list on the forum) and ticked what was ok according to her knowledge… brown and wild rice was a definite yes 🙂 She is quite knowledgable on candida and guides quite a few clients through an anti-candida diet, which is extremely similar to the one on this site. She does agree with the cleansing regimen for the detox on the forum rather than the one on the website though (lemon juice, water, some organic eggs for protein) and said to stay well away from benonite clay.

Psyllium husks are apparently fine though – she said she has never heard of them causing intestinal bleeding. I haven’t be able to find any info to support that either although admittedly I havent done a huge search. So I’ll be using them as per her recommendation.

I’ll be seeing her during the cleanse and diet so I feel safe; she did a four year course at one of our best natural therapeutic colleges and seems very up to date so I’ll trust her for now! 🙂

Thank you so much for your help, and best of luck to everyone on getting healthy!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Some questions :)’ is closed to new replies.