Some Newbie Questions :-)

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Some Newbie Questions :-)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  jen2cor517 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

jen2cor517
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 12

Hi!

I’m just trying learn about how this whole thing works. I want to start the diet in a couple of weeks (when I’ll have time to deal with die-off).

A couple of questions:

1. Is it ok to continue taking vitamins and supplements while on the diet?

2. Is apple cider vinegar allowed during the cleanse and/or diet? I usually take organic apple cider vinegar every day.

3. I read that part of the liver cleanse recipe is Bentonite clay. Where do you get that?

I really appreciate your help and responses! Any comments or suggestions are SO welcome!

Jen

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

jen2cor517

Wow! Thank you Raster! I’ll go over this information carefully. There sure is a lot there! ๐Ÿ™‚

Jen

jen2cor517

I’ve seen on the food lists that cranberries are not ok during the strict diet but can be added back in later. Would this also apply to cranberry supplements? I’ve noticed that any time I go off my cranberry pills I quickly get a UTI. What should be done in this case?

raster
    Participant

I think cranberry supplements would be fine. I actually feel that eating a small amount of cranberries wouldn’t be the end of the world either; its a low sugar fruit.

-raster

jen2cor517

Sounds great. Thanks!! ๐Ÿ™‚

jen2cor517

A couple more questions…

I’ve seen where it said that quinoa is allowed so things made from quinoa may be ok too.

Does this extend to other foods too? Specifically, I know that brown rice is allowed. Would something that is made from 100% brown rice flour be allowed? What about coconut water?

Thank you so much for your help!

jen2cor517

I think I’ve found answers to my two questions from earlier today but I have another. ๐Ÿ™‚

Is there a good rule for how much sugar content in a serving of something is ok and how much is too much? What about “sugars” on a nutrition label vs. “carbohydrates”?

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

jen2cor517 wrote: I think I’ve found answers to my two questions from earlier today but I have another. ๐Ÿ™‚

Is there a good rule for how much sugar content in a serving of something is ok and how much is too much? What about “sugars” on a nutrition label vs. “carbohydrates”?

Raster came up with 25g of sugar per day rule which worked well for him.

raster wrote: I came up with the 25g of sugar per day general rule; if you keep it under 25g per day you should be able to get better while on the diet.

Not sure about a single ingredient sugar content but this can help you get the picture. If something has 16g of sugar, then your daily limit will go fast.

Here is the thread with his advice: http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst2698_NonSugar-YogurtProbiotic.aspx

Hope this helps!

Arijana

jen2cor517

That is really helpful! Thank you!! ๐Ÿ™‚

raster
    Participant

Avoid rice flour as much as you can, it might be a good coating for frying meats but thats all I would use it for. It can feed candida and isn’t recommended.

Rice bran flour on the other hand is a prebiotic and you’re welcome to try it out.

-raster

jen2cor517

Thanks Raster!

I hadn’t noticed that those two things were different. I’m glad you said something! ๐Ÿ™‚

Pattinoo
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 50

Hi raster. In the list it said Bobs Red Mill Brown Rice Bran flour. All I could find was Bobs RM brown Rice Flour. Not the right stuff? I googles Nobs RM brown Rice Bran Flour and couldn’t find anything. Can you post a link? I also got Bobs RM Creamy Buckwheat Cereal. Is this no good? .

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hi raster. In the list it said Bobs Red Mill Brown Rice Bran flour. All I could find was Bobs RM brown Rice Flour. Not the right stuff? I googles Nobs RM brown Rice Bran Flour and couldn’t find anything. Can you post a link?

Itโ€™s actually called โ€œBob’s Red Mill All Natural Stabilized Rice Bran.โ€ Hereโ€™s the link:
    http://www.amazon.com/Bobs-Red-Mill-Stabalized-18-Ounce/dp/B000EDBQ38/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332643101&sr=8-1

I also got Bobs RM Creamy Buckwheat Cereal. Is this no good?

โ€œBob’s Red Mill Organic Buckwheat Hot Cerealโ€ is the one you should look for. The link:
    http://www.amazon.com/Bobs-Red-Mill-Organic-Buckwheat/dp/B0013JK0IY/ref=sr_1_2?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1332643192&sr=1-2

Able

jen2cor517

Does anyone have a brand of quinoa crackers they recommend?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Some Newbie Questions :-)’ is closed to new replies.