Some help with candida diet.????

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Some help with candida diet.????

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  alexalgebra 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Healhy
    Topics: 87
    Replies: 45

I like to make a candia diet. I´m good with that. But know I have to stay away of my city for a week ( I will go to london) and I don´t know how can follow the diet so strictly. I will brig I big coconut bread with me. Also at london I will buy some greek yogurt. But I´m worried if I will stay away of london or travel to another city how can I follow the diet. If I go to a restaurant what should I take? What should I eat?

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

It is very, very difficult to vacation on this diet. When I went on vacation, I pre-made coconut bread, granola, and some muffins to take with me. I also brought along a lot of spices, so I wouldn’t have to buy them there, as well as some coconut manna and coconut oil. I bought a $20 blender upon arrival to be able to blend up soup. I stayed at my cousin’s place, so I got to use his kitchen, which was the only reason I survived.

I have been unable to eat in any restaurants…I’m a little concerned with what things are cooked in/with, so I avoid restaurants completely…or anything I didn’t prepare myself. You could ask to have plain steamed vegetables with no oil, a plain salad with no dressing (you could bring your own), or probably some kind of plain chicken or fish? I don’t know because I don’t eat meat. But you should watch out for any non-organic animal products.

yogajedi
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 43

I’d like to ask a follow-up question. I’m about to go on vacation (just three days), but will probably not have access to a kitchen. I plan on taking along some coconut bread, granola and hemp protein. I will probably have to eat at restaurants a few meals though. I’ll certainly try to stick to the diet as much as possible, but I’m not optimistic that any of them will have candida-diet-safe food : )

Are there additional foods I should take along? Will 2 or three days, 1-2 meals a day at a restaurant set me back much? Does one type of restaurant/ethnicity tend to be safer than others in terms of restaurants? I’ve been sticking to the website/book diet 100% for about two weeks.

Thanks!

alexalgebra

When I went to LA, I did have access to a kitchen, but here is an abridged version of what I packed and what I bought on arrival:

Pre-cook
    Coconut bread – 1 loaf (will last 1 week)
    Cinnamon oat/buckwheat muffins – 12 muffins (will last 3-4 days)
    Garlic biscuits – 12 biscuits (will last 3-4 days)

Bring
    Kleen Kanteen
    Tupperware?
    Coconut oil
    Coconut butter
    Cereal grains
    Granola
    Spices
    Salt
    Hemp powder
    Fiber mixes
    Tea
    Jar

Purchase on arrival
    Kefir
    Yogurt
    Avocados
    Eggs
    Veggies
    Salad
    EVOO

yogajedi

Thanks Alex! I’ll have to get started cooking soon : )

alexalgebra

Let me know if you figure out anything else good…I’m already working out what I’m going to do on tour, even though it’s not until June.

msmofish
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 96

Hey Alex
    what are the recipes for granola ?
    Oat bran/buckwheat muffins ?

thanks !!
    Mo

yogajedi

alex – what type of fiber mix do you use? I’ll let you know how it goes : )

alexalgebra

msmofish;42398 wrote: Hey Alex
    what are the recipes for granola ?
    Oat bran/buckwheat muffins ?

thanks !!
    Mo

They are in the recipes section, as well as on my candida blog at http://sometimesalexeats.tumblr.com

I was using the Renew Life fiber mix (with flax, not psyllium) for awhile, as well as miracle fiber from vitamin shoppe, but I guess that one can feed candida? I don’t think it did me dirty, though.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Some help with candida diet.????’ is closed to new replies.