Some help and advice please. TY

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Some help and advice please. TY

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  kradlegna 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

kradlegna
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 13

Hi Able & Raster (and anyone else who may be able to help),
    Hope you’re well!

I was hoping I could get some advice as I’m feeling pretty glum at the moment. So I’ve been on the diet for over a month now. I sometimes feel like I’m starting to get better but then it all comes crashing down and I feel worse.. like I almost can’t even function. I’m vegetarian but can’t eat eggs as I’m allergic to them, and most foods on the diet I can’t get or can’t afford. I’m used to eating very little so this is fine. Here’s my daily food intake:

Lunch:
    Kefir with home made “granola”
    (I basically take oat bran mixed with coconut oil, desiccated coconut, lots of cinnamon and only a few vanilla stevia drops in the oven until browned to where I’m happy)

Dinner:
    A big plate of veggies including Cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini, onions, green pepper and spinach

I also drink ALOT of rooibos tea with xylitol and vanilla stevia drops. If I do get hungry throughout the day which never really happens, I’ll have some more kefir. And even though I’m vegetarian, I’ll sometimes have some prawns as I’m pretty limited as is with what I eat and at this point I believe the benefits much outweigh the fact that I hate eating meat.

I take the following vitamins/minerals daily:
    Calcium with magnesium & zinc (Twice a day)
    Acidophilus with pectin
    Caprylic Acid
    Milk Thistle
    Vitamin E (Twice a day)
    Biotin (Twice a day)
    Vitamin D3
    Iron & Vitamin C
    Chelated Molybdenum (Twice a day)
    Vitamin C – 1000mg (Twice a day)
    Sea kelp tablets for iodine
    Betaine Hydrochoride

Now I know you’re going to say I’m not eating enough. To be honest I’m not even really hungry. I can’t even eat any of the coconut breads as my body rejects them almost immediately. I did have a peeled apple last night which my body didn’t seem too displeased with though.
    I have started noticing over the past few weeks that after eating I get really bloated and have pretty bad stomach pains. The other day these got so bad I could hardly breath so I went through the forums and found out it’s probably down to low HCL in my stomach. So I followed the instructions in what Raster linked about taking one extra each day until you feel a burn then continue taking one less than that amount until you feel a burn again and reduce etc etc. I’m currently on 8 tablets.. no burn.

For the past few weeks food has pretty much just gone straight through me. I eat and 30min – an hour later I have to go to the toilet and much of what comes out is undigested food. Now I’ve suffered from stomach/digestion type problems for a very good number of years and when I discovered I had tinea versicolor which led me to my discovery of the forum and candida albicans I thought I’d finally found a solution to my long withstanding question of why I was constantly feeling so ill. I’ve literally been to the doctor so many times and had so many tests done and all doctors tell me that they don’t know what’s wrong with me, or it’s a result of anxiety or depression. It’s not. I’ve also developed a skin rash that kinda looks like eczema which I’ve read can be from either the Candida or Low HCL acid.

Anyways, what I was hoping to get advice on was why you think my body is still rejecting food so badly, not digesting properly and I’m still getting bloated etc, even though I’m taking so many Betaine HCL tablets after I eat and eating only foods on supplied protocol. And what I can do about it as I’m struggling pretty bad at the moment and unfortunately my boss isn’t really understanding if I’m ill so every day has become a bit of a nightmare. I’ve even started getting concerned that it may even be something like Crohns or Lupus as nothing seems to be working for me.

Please help 🙁

Emsmith
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 137

try eating smaller more frequent meals. breakfast should be the biggest, dinner the smallest. you don’t want all that food sitting in there while you’re sleeping and not digesting like you are when you’re awake. try chewing each bite 30-50! times. try not to drink fluids w/meals. xylitol is not recommended.

you say you reject coconut bread, but you seem ok w/apple…

if you do have candida you’ll feel better temporarily eating fruit/sugar because you’re feeding the yeast and they make you crave more sugar. w/the bread having lots of antifungal coconut oil it can cause intense die off/vomiting/diarrhea etc. i’ve experienced this using too much oil.

i don’t eat a whole lot either, and i’m maintaining my weight and energy. but spending more time on breakfast than dinner is very important to me. check all your products, my hair care had agave, honey, all kinds of bad stuff.

kradlegna

Thanks for your response & advice. I’ve always been under the impression, for some reason, that xylitol helps fight candida d’oh.. but I’ll definitely be cutting it out completely now!

Keya
    Replies: 68

Iron isn’t recommended on the diet, as it could benefit the candida overgrowth, if you have iron deficiency try apolactoferrin. Are you using any anti-fungals? Also, the probiotics are very important, you should be using the ones that have a multi-billion count.

Mykoza
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 32

Hi there
    Your stomach pains and bloating are probably caused by Xylitol. I get this same reaction when I eat something with Xylitol.

kradlegna

Keya wrote: Iron isn’t recommended on the diet, as it could benefit the candida overgrowth, if you have iron deficiency try apolactoferrin. Are you using any anti-fungals? Also, the probiotics are very important, you should be using the ones that have a multi-billion count.

Thanks for the tip! Have had iron issues in the past and my mum is anaemic so always try to keep up with the iron supplement.
    Re the anti-fungals, I’m taking Caprylic Acid as well as including Coconut Oil in every meal. And I drink loads of kefir everyday made with organic cows milk so loads of probiotics – love the stuff 🙂

Mykoza wrote: Hi there
    Your stomach pains and bloating are probably caused by Xylitol. I get this same reaction when I eat something with Xylitol.

I’ve not had xylitol for 2 days now and the cramping etc isnt as bad so it must’ve been from that. Hopefull it will be gone altogether soon. Am going to try making some more coconut bread this weekend and hopefully my stomach will behave itself.
    Thanks 🙂

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Undigested food can be caused by a few factors. One is how much you are chewing your food (if its not chewing 30+ times per each bite then this is it right here).

The second issue is that you likely are deficient in enzymes and/or HCL. If you take some bitters or an enzyme product, this will help you break down your foods better. Chewing also produces enzymes but your body may not be producing all of the ones you need.

What is the breathing symptom you are talking about, please explain this further. This could be due to the toxins flooding your lungs.

The skin problems and lung problems are both related to toxins flooding these organs.

Is the rooibos tea caffeinated?

I do think you need to eat more; you need to be full like its thanksgiving after each meal. You’ll likely feel a lot better. Additionally, you likely will feel a lot better if you were to eat meat because otherwise you’ll develop mineral deficiencies and other nutritional deficiencies. Minerals are found within the meat and are quite important. My naturopath recommends plenty of protein on the diet and gets screamed at when he tells his patients to eat meat who are vegetarian. When they finally give up and try it months or years later, they come back and tell him he is right.

-raster

kradlegna

Hey Raster, thanks for replying!

raster wrote: Undigested food can be caused by a few factors. One is how much you are chewing your food (if its not chewing 30+ times per each bite then this is it right here).

The second issue is that you likely are deficient in enzymes and/or HCL. If you take some bitters or an enzyme product, this will help you break down your foods better. Chewing also produces enzymes but your body may not be producing all of the ones you need.

I kinda figured it must’ve been down to low HCL so have been taking betain HCL after I eat and it definitely has been helping. Was just concerned it could be Crohns as I know people who have Crohns seem to have the same issue. Actually alot of the same symptoms as Candida.

raster wrote: What is the breathing symptom you are talking about, please explain this further. This could be due to the toxins flooding your lungs.

The skin problems and lung problems are both related to toxins flooding these organs.

I think the breathing problem was down to the extreme pain I was feeling in my stomach/diaphragm area that it was literally making me pretty short of breath. Or atleast that’s what I put it down to. I havent had that again thank god, but I do have slight asthma that I’ve had for a couple of years which I believe can be brought on by Candida and the toxins.

raster wrote: Is the rooibos tea caffeinated?

It’s all natural, organic and non caffeinated. I’m South African so I’ve pretty much been living on rooibos since I was able to drink 😉

raster wrote: I do think you need to eat more; you need to be full like its thanksgiving after each meal. You’ll likely feel a lot better. Additionally, you likely will feel a lot better if you were to eat meat because otherwise you’ll develop mineral deficiencies and other nutritional deficiencies. Minerals are found within the meat and are quite important. My naturopath recommends plenty of protein on the diet and gets screamed at when he tells his patients to eat meat who are vegetarian. When they finally give up and try it months or years later, they come back and tell him he is right.

-raster

To be honest, I really do struggle with eating enough; though I’ve never really been a big eater to begin with. Since being on the diet I have tried, but given that most food needs to be prepared etc, it’s pretty difficult to do at work (or store anything as our fridge at work is taken up by my boss’s addiction to diet coke – grim). But in the past couple of days I have been eating a nice big bowl of veggies for breakfast. I will also start eating prawns and salmon more regularly. Maybe chicken too; I’ve never really been able to stomach any other meat if I’m honest. I’m going to give the coconut bread another go this weekend and fingers crossed my stomach behaves itself

kradlegna

A month or so later and I’m still struggling loads with this. I have suffered with depression and anxiety for alot of my life so I decided to go on an SSRI about 2 weeks ago due to doctors constantly telling me all my symptoms must be due to depression.. started having what I can only presume to be seratonin syndrome type symptoms throughout but probably also die-off as I know SSRI’s are powerful antifungals. I did talk to my doctor about these symptoms but was told to wait them out. They put me on Prozac, a few years back I was on citolopram – both are SSRI’s, never had a problem like this with the citolopram though. On friday I pretty much collapsed at work and had an ambulance take me to hospital. Fun times. Throughout the time I was on the SSRI’s I pretty much felt like I was “high” so to speak, but just about coming up on really bad drugs. As what [USERLINK]Cheesey[/USERLINK] mentioned in one of his posts. Apparently what caused me to collapse was an extreme panic attack but I still had this “high” sensation so I presume it was due to seratonin?.. Anyways, I’ve stopped with those now and still feel like shit. Am still sticking to the diet though:

Breakfast:
    I try to have coconut cake every morning where I can except with flax as an egg replacement as I’m allergic to eggs

Lunch:
    Lots of veggies (onion, zucchini, green pepper, sometimes asparagas) in coconut oil with cucumber and lettuce, himalayan salt

Dinner:
    Lots of veggies (cauliflower, onion, zucchini, green pepper, spinach), black pepper, ground garlic, himalayan salt and more coconut cake

Again, this probably isnt enough but I’m eating as much as my body will allow without wanting to be sick. I also find that I feel worse after eating in most cases so I am hesitant to eat alot of the time to be quite frank. I do sometimes prepare my own almonds.. soaked and roasted. I’ve never had a reaction from these which is why I do eat them every now and then.

I know it has been mentioned before that I probably need to eat meat on the diet, but another problem with this is I’m really struggling to afford all of this and organic meat is very pricey, plus I’m still vegetarian (well pretty much vegan at this point). I have bought pure hemp protein though to up my protein intake as I’ve read on the forum this should be ok. I was drinking loads of kefir before, as mentioned previously.. but I noticed that my stomach would play up after drinking this, probably due to dairy? so I’ve stopped with that. Instead I take a high count probiotic. I also drink loads of rooibos still but only with vanilla stevia drops.

The following vitamins:

Calcium with magnesium & zinc (Twice a day)
    Acidophilus with pectin
    Caprylic Acid
    Milk Thistle
    Vitamin E (Twice a day)
    Biotin (Twice a day)
    Vitamin D3
    Chelated Molybdenum (Twice a day)
    Vitamin C – 1000mg (Twice a day)
    Sea kelp tablets for iodine
    Betaine Hydrochoride
    Probiotic – http://www.customprobiotics.com/custom-probiotics-adult-formula-cp-1.htm
    Ashwaganda
    Selenium
    Panthothenic Acid

Any help would be appreciated at this point. I’ve been trying with my doctor for ages to try and help with a solution but it keeps getting pointed back to depression which is annoying. I also basically have every single symptom of an underactive thyroid even though my T4 and TSH came back what my doctor thinks is normal. I have been referred to a gastroenterologist though who can hopefully help with the digestion problems I’ve been having. My weight fluctuates like crazy, especially around my period.. I’m still feeling really foggy brained, fatigued etc. And still fighting the good ol’ tinea versicolor battle, been putting selsun on the areas everyday as prescribed by my doctor.. not sure that it’s making a difference but am sticking with it.
    I have read in a few posts that metal toxicity can cause these symptoms and also lead to candida, I am pretty tattooed and get tattooed on a regular basis..was just wondering if anyone had any experience with this? as I know some tattoo inks have heavy metals in them.

Sorry if this post is a bit all over the place and not clear etc… I’m still feeling pretty off from the effects of the SSRI’s ontop of the candida things I’ve been going through, my brain feels a bit all over the place so any help or guidance will be appreciated at this point. I just kinda feel like since I’ve started with this diet I’ve become worse.

kradlegna

I’d also be interested in what the general consensus is on a raw vegan diet? I’ve been researching it for a while and I think this video explains it pretty well

Edit: Where she says STD I presume she’s talking about a yeast infection. Obviously you cant cure stuff like Aids or Herpes or whatever by eating raw vegan.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Some help and advice please. TY’ is closed to new replies.