Some explain why yogurt, kambucha, kefir is allowed

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Some explain why yogurt, kambucha, kefir is allowed

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sanshou 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

nth714
    Participant
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 19

I’m a bit puzzled as to why some of the food that contains sugar such as yogurt, kambucha, kefir is allowed on this diet. Yet others like tomatoes, coconut milk, ect is not? Also why is butter allowed but not other dairy products?

Sanshou
    Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 47

It depends on the person, but the things you mentioned are loaded with “probitoics” bacteria and yeasts that aid in digestion. And you generally try to consume them after the bacteria have consumed most of the sugars present. Some of these bacteria and yeasts will make it to your gut reducing a lot of the symptoms should you stray some from the diet.

There’s another one that I seldom see mentioned that aids with gluten and grain digestion, which is old fashioned sour dough starter. Granted we generally can’t eat most grains. But if you can handle things like buckwheat it may be a nice supplement to use wild yeast and bacteria to rise the bread. From what I’ve read the starter doesn’t sustain itself long using buck wheat, a few months before you would need to make another starter but they are pretty easy to make.

But I have no clue on the butter deal, I will just accept it as a small victory..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Some explain why yogurt, kambucha, kefir is allowed’ is closed to new replies.