Some diet questions – thinking of holidays (stage 2)

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Some diet questions – thinking of holidays (stage 2)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Angel29 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Pono
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 2

OK, first holiday ever that I am on a diet. At home we will survive with a scaled down menu.
    Organic Turkey, Vegetables, (none of my usual baked goods) – some other dishes for non-dieters.
    So, how do you cope with missing the spirits? LOL. I really love Martinelli’s sparking cider – any alternatives?

Any suggestions on something I can make and take to a gathering that I can eat as well?

Can anyone tell me how to make gravy without flour or cornstarch?

Can I or can I not have Kefir?

Here’s what I miss most – maybe someone can suggest alternatives…

Cheese n crackers
    Kefir
    Pasta
    Chinese/Japanese sauces
    Coffee – is Teeccino ok?
    Pickles

So is Kimchi allowed or not?

Help. Otherwise doing ok – day 4 and have lost 4 lbs (not trying, but a consolation prize).
    Happy Holidays!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

How long have you been on the diet? I personally have been on the diet for over a year and plan on cheating this year because it will only set me back 1-3 days. I recommend the pumpkin pie muffin bread as a good dish to have on thanksgiving but can’t really offer much other advice.

-raster

Angel29
    Participant
    Topics: 56
    Replies: 101

As far as Japanese/Chinese sauces go…someone on here recommended something called: Coconut Secrets (thats the brand) Coconut Aminos. It’s supposed to taste very similar to soy sauce. I literally purchased a bottle about an hour ago, about $7 from Whole Foods, but I haven’t tasted it yet.

Pono
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 2

I am only in stage 2 – day 4 – I actually started with my cleanse about a month ago and during the last 2 weeks of my cleanse began deleteing alcohol, heavy carbs and a few things that were easy to go. So, it wasn’t as cold turkey. I started on a much more restrictive diet – but I see that you folks seem to be less restrictive in some areas.

There seems to be 2 huge variances between advocates and programs.
    1 is Kefir (and Kimchi) – my orig plan said no Kefir at all and I see other diets say Kefir is ok.
    2 is mushrooms but I see you folks say reishi, maitake are ok as is Apple Cider Vinegar.
    Those things would make my eating so much happier.

My situation is not as severe as others, so perhaps I realized this early on.

1533jd
    Topics: 46
    Replies: 112

Angel29;30382 wrote: As far as Japanese/Chinese sauces go…someone on here recommended something called: Coconut Secrets (thats the brand) Coconut Aminos. It’s supposed to taste very similar to soy sauce. I literally purchased a bottle about an hour ago, about $7 from Whole Foods, but I haven’t tasted it yet.

…how does it taste?

James

Tsunny
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 94

The Coconut Aminos is great! Tastes just like soy sauce. As for Thanksgiving, the gravy can be made out of organic turkey drippings and thickened with buckwheat flour. I am baking a loaf of yeast/grain free bread (made with coconut flour and flaxseed meal) and making my stuffing bread with this. I also found a recipe for pumpkin pie on internet for the diet. I can post these if anyone wants. With just a little research you can modify about anything you want except of course alcohol. (I would love pecan pie, you know that filling made with karo syrup, wow) but I won’t…this time…. Happy Thanksgiving!

yisucks
    Participant
    Topics: 131
    Replies: 331

Can you post your recipe? that would be awesome! can you also post how you are making the stuffing?

Angel29
    Participant
    Topics: 56
    Replies: 101

It’s not as salty as soy sauce, it tasted just a tad sweet to me. Overall soy sauce is much butter, but I’ll take the coconut amino instead.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Some diet questions – thinking of holidays (stage 2)’ is closed to new replies.