Social Smoking???

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Social Smoking???

This topic contains 14 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Javizy 7 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Naturegirl27
    Topics: 40
    Replies: 36

Sometimes I smoke socially. I haven’t since I have started the diet, and actually I haven’t since New years Eve. But, I am just wondering, if I smoke, (just occasionally) will that cause more candida growth?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It could; the main drawback is that it’ll cause inflammation within the body and it won’t be beneficial to healing leaky gut. It also suppresses the immune system.

-raster

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

There was a study recently that showed social smokers suffer the same damage to their memory as regular smokers. It wouldn’t surprise me if this were true for other side-effects of smoking too.

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

Naturegirl27 wrote: Sometimes I smoke socially. I haven’t since I have started the diet, and actually I haven’t since New years Eve. But, I am just wondering, if I smoke, (just occasionally) will that cause more candida growth?

I have smoked, cheated with food and still reached a (short lasting) cure last year (but then again I was nuking my body with supplements). Now I smoke 1 almost every day and still the real reactions come from food, not smoking. The reaction I do get from smoking though is a burning sensation in my stomach shortly after.

To summarize: Social occasional smoking isnt such a big deal in my opinion.

jereseib
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 32

Chris24 wrote:

Sometimes I smoke socially. I haven’t since I have started the diet, and actually I haven’t since New years Eve. But, I am just wondering, if I smoke, (just occasionally) will that cause more candida growth?

I have smoked, cheated with food and still reached a (short lasting) cure last year (but then again I was nuking my body with supplements). Now I smoke 1 almost every day and still the real reactions come from food, not smoking. The reaction I do get from smoking though is a burning sensation in my stomach shortly after.

To summarize: Social occasional smoking isnt such a big deal in my opinion.

I completely disagree with this statement. I have a hard time believing something as toxic and damaging to the immune system as smoking would be nothing but detrimental to someone with candida.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

jereseib wrote: I completely disagree with this statement. I have a hard time believing something as toxic and damaging to the immune system as smoking would be nothing but detrimental to someone with candida.

You’re right, Jeresi, the problem with smoking is you don’t feel the effect until it’s too late, then you have to work at undoing the harm that smoking did to the adrenals.

Able

WilliamHolst
    Topics: 42
    Replies: 72

I could see smoking being bad for your recovery, but once you are already cured and you occasionally smoke it shouldnt have that much of an effect should it? I hope not.

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

jereseib wrote:
    I completely disagree with this statement. I have a hard time believing something as toxic and damaging to the immune system as smoking would be nothing but detrimental to someone with candida.

Yes its detrimental, and you shouldnt do it. But if you are doing it, occasional social smoking ist a major game changer in my experience. Though, if anyone has a different experience, I would be interested to hear.

raster
    Participant

I have been a smoker for the last 12 years and smoke 5-6 per day. I was able to fully recover from candida overgrowth despite smoking every single day.

It isn’t helpful to the diet in any shape or form, but it’s not as bad as you think it is. I think of it as harmful as caffeine or coffee which is also inflammatory and harms the body.

-raster

sby
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 27

A few words…years ago I smoked, and then I stopped. I’m thankful and so are my lungs, separate from any diet stuff.

sby

jereseib
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 32

I look at it like this. If you are putting all the effort into the program and the diet then would you even want to take the risk of smoking while on the program?

While I agree there are other harmful things out there such as caffeine for those with candida, I dont think caffeine or coffee has quite the carcinogens/toxic metals, things of that nature that are common in cigarettes.

Another thing I want to mention, I have multiple allergies and an extreme sensitivity to cigarette smoke/perfumes/colognes because of the candida. It amazes me that someone with a severe candida problem would even be able to tolerate cigarette smoke.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

raster wrote: I was able to fully recover from candida overgrowth despite smoking every single day.

No one has said that it’s impossible to cure Candida while smoking, but it can cause problems, such as the ones you described, raster, on September 06, 2011:

Quote:
    “I am seriously thinking about quitting smoking cigarettes in a month or so. My lungs are damaged from it and I want to live longer and healthier. It drains the calcium in my body which also causes baldness. Candida and smoking are very much related and I need more oxygen.

Marbro
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 252

I was a smoker for over 10 years and nobody could tell me to quit lol But when I started to get sick I did quit cold turkey. It is worth it. my lungs are sooo soo much better. I can taste and smell things that I hadnt since I was a kid. I think tabbacco is worse that pot in so many ways. If I ever smoke again , it will be pot. But tabbacco is so addictive and I dont think I could convince someone to quit. Its something that person has to want bad enough for themselves.

raster
    Participant

I am quitting this year after I get married, it is silly that I smoke and do this diet at the same time, but either way I am getting better while spending loads of money/time doing it. I know that I can do it after cutting all of the foods that I love, quitting drinking, etc…its just a matter of time. All of my friends have quit and smoking isn’t nearly as enjoyable as it used to be. I just need to face my demons and tough it out; its a love/hate relationship and is a major psychological hurdle that I will tackle in time.

I’ve cut down to 5 per day after smoking 7+ per day for 12 years straight, so I am getting close. Some days I smoke as little as 4, and barely crave them.

Another weird change has happened as I got better. The taste/flavor of cigarrettes has changed from an alright slightly pleasing flavor to a downright disgusting one. This in itself will get me to quit in time. My girlfriend also does not smoke and doesn’t enjoy the fact that I do it as well.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

I smoked 3-5 Marlboro Lights a day for about 2 years, but I managed to give up relatively easily a couple of years ago, even with occasional social smoking for a few months after. I chose that kind because they have half the tar/nicotine of other varieties. I think that choice really paid off when it came to quitting. It could be why I never needed more than 5 a day, as well. Maybe switching to weaker brands could help people wean their way off.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Social Smoking???’ is closed to new replies.