Social relationships

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Social relationships

This topic contains 42 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  mrs.candida 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author

Emsmith
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 137

you guys are great, i need to get on here more often lol
    whenever i see a tempting commercial i yell “CANCER!!”
    all the commercials are for burger king, ice cream, beer, etc and literally i’ll just be saying cancer over and over again. it’s weird but it helps somehow, my husband agrees that everything we’re exposed to is bad in someway and though he’s not following the diet like i am, has lost 20 pounds! but whenever he has an urge for mcdonalds, whatever it’s his choice, he eats in the car, and then his stomach pays for it later, and i giggle while i eat my brussel sprouts.

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

Yeah Alex, it seems particularly hard for the men in my life to “get” this problem. I am not sure why… If I say, I can’t kiss you because my lips hurts so much, you would think they would get it eventually. Smh… I don’t know if it is sexist, but my brother gave me crap about it too, said I was jumping on a bandwagon. Jerk! I really, really, really wanted to go into graphic detail with him about the whole uti, yeast/lip problem but I didn’t. As for my boyfriend, it seems that all he cares about is that when I feel bad, he doesn’t get any. I know that is harsh but that is the way it feels sometimes. I try to be a good girlfriend but it just makes me so mad sometimes how people are so non-empathetic! Yet when they have a problem, you better be willing to listen to them!

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

Kag;34944 wrote: Yeah Alex, it seems particularly hard for the men in my life to “get” this problem. I am not sure why… If I say, I can’t kiss you because my lips hurts so much, you would think they would get it eventually. Smh… I don’t know if it is sexist, but my brother gave me crap about it too, said I was jumping on a bandwagon. Jerk! I really, really, really wanted to go into graphic detail with him about the whole uti, yeast/lip problem but I didn’t. As for my boyfriend, it seems that all he cares about is that when I feel bad, he doesn’t get any. I know that is harsh but that is the way it feels sometimes. I try to be a good girlfriend but it just makes me so mad sometimes how people are so non-empathetic! Yet when they have a problem, you better be willing to listen to them!

Well, I’m a guy, so we are not all bad 😉 But yeah, I don’t get it. I feel like if my bf was to get a disease that required special care, I would be researching 24/7, doing the diet with him, going on special shopping trips, whatever, so that he would get better, because I love and care for him. He’s just sort of more concerned about reading about his hobbies online and eating whatever he feels like, whenever he feels like. Since I started the diet, the only meal we have eaten together (and we live together) is one night when I asked if he wanted some salad because I had a giant box of it that was starting to turn. It really bums me out 🙁 I know it’s really hard to be with me, but if you love me, you get the whole package :p

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

i hate that me and hubby cant eat dinner together and worse is to cook two separate meals i have him doing his own cooking at least a few nights out the wk and he evn cleand the bathroom the other day i almost had a heart attack lol !couldnt belive it he believes that this diet may help me but just isnt changing his own life style which is extremely unhealthy by the way at all ,i ask him all the time to hide the junk and he does this only half the time i dont know how long ill b able to stick to this as its just been soooo tough and depressing but i plan on keeping it up !thanks to all of u !

shayfo
    Replies: 668

Faith, that’s good that he’s at least cooking for himself sometimes..though I think he should just cook for himself all the time if YOU have to cook for yourself all the time. Honestly, it’s not “helping out” for him to cook his own meals — that’s just being an adult!! Maybe he’ll start to get it, soon.

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

i know it would be nice all the time but at least a few days out the wk is helpfull !i tried to explain that i do alot more than him since i do all the house work and cook /work he works and cares for baby ofcourse when im sleeping/work but i cant get him to do much else part of it is because when i was feeling ok before i got sick he got used to me doing everything but after seeing me in pain everyday and slacking on things he shoulda got the hint by now !

Kag

Well Alex, Lol, then maaaaybe it isn’t just a guy thing… although I will be honest, I don’t get it either. You are right. When my boyfriend found out he had high blood pressure, I told him all about stuff we had at the Co-op and tried to find replacements for some of the food he wasn’t supposed to eat (he still eats like crap by the way). I reminded him to take his medicine til he remembered on his own. Sigh… I believe some people are just in it for themselves. I think he thinks if he works, sometimes pay for things and doesn’t drink or beat me, then he is a winner. I don’t think he gets that there is a little more to it than that….geez… :-/

alexalgebra

Kag;35020 wrote: Well Alex, Lol, then maaaaybe it isn’t just a guy thing… although I will be honest, I don’t get it either. You are right. When my boyfriend found out he had high blood pressure, I told him all about stuff we had at the Co-op and tried to find replacements for some of the food he wasn’t supposed to eat (he still eats like crap by the way). I reminded him to take his medicine til he remembered on his own. Sigh… I believe some people are just in it for themselves. I think he thinks if he works, sometimes pay for things and doesn’t drink or beat me, then he is a winner. I don’t think he gets that there is a little more to it than that….geez… :-/

DUDE my bf is like that too…I try to help him out and he ignores it and doesn’t do anything to help himself either…I don’t get it! He’s a lot more “typical” guy than me (he would kill me if he heard me say that, LOL! he is also not in other ways, but in the like…entitled, whiny guy way, you know…) so maybe it’s just a thing for most guys :p He thinks if he tells me one time that I’ll be ok, or like, chops my garlic for me when I’m really sick and can’t handle it (I HATE chopping garlic), that he’s amazing at being my boyfriend…IDK. It sucks. He’s got a kind heart, he’s just also emotionally closed off and it sucks.

Kag

Yeah Alex, I think you are right… Some people are just closed off. I tend to sometimes be selfish, but I try to help when someone is sick. I just don’t understand people who don’t want to help when people are sick….

Kag

Maybe you should get one of those garlic crushers? You know, so you don’t have to chop garlic? The only way I can eat freah garlic is if it is crushed and cooked in things..

alexalgebra

Kag;35210 wrote: Maybe you should get one of those garlic crushers? You know, so you don’t have to chop garlic? The only way I can eat freah garlic is if it is crushed and cooked in things..

I’ve been through 2 of them and they both sucked :p I just didn’t want to shell out like $15 for a good one because something that I don’t really *need*…I’m just lazy and get sad about cooking sometimes. I love garlic though, I eat the shit out of it. I’m to the point where I can eat it raw in small amounts, even.

Kag

There is no way I could ever eat raw garlic… I wish I could! It makes me so nauseous. I take the pills and hope that they are at least kind of as good as the real thing.

When you get back on your feet, you should invest in a good one. Honestly, you spend more money with cheap stuff because it keeps breaking. Like shoes, you know, I don’t have many, but the ones I have are good and will last forever. 🙂

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

Hey Alex,

I love garlic but I’m super lazy about adding it in. The easiest way for me to add garlic when I’m cooking is to put it in my mortar and pestle with a bit of course salt and squash the crap out of it. It got even easier when I switched from a wood mortar and pestle to a stone one, now I sorta like doing the garlic.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Social relationships’ is closed to new replies.