Social relationships

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Social relationships

This topic contains 42 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  mrs.candida 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

I would like to know if anyone on here has advice on how to deal with social relationships and this diet/yeast problem. I have been feeling very lonely since starting this diet, as I cannot go out to eat at all and I have a hard time with temptation at the movies. I have a hard time explaining this to anyone. My boyfriend doesn’t really seem to understand. I have to go to his sister’s house Friday night for his Mom’s birthday and I am going to bring my own salad because they always have pizza. Is there anyway, online or otherwise, to find people with problems like ours or similar to it? I wish I could meet somebody else in my town or close to it that I could hang out with that understood…

Any suggestions or ideas about this would be welcome. I just feel like I need to get out more. The rash on my lips isn’t horrifying, and I just feel like I am thinking about this problem way too much…

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

just bring your own food, it gets easier to deal with. you know what you have to do to get better so they will have to understand. Its tough but it gets easier

Kag

Yeah, I am going to do that… Surprisingly, I don’t like pizza that much anyway. 🙂 You have any thoughts on the rest of my post?

moochpb

I think being on this forum helps the most. I have digestive issues and it sucks. The rash on your lips you see it everyday so it looks bad to you, but most people won’t even notice. I d go see a naturalpath if you haven’t already to help with your diet. Mine tells me to eat a little more then usual on this diet because my bodyfat is so low, but just to stay away from bad sugars of course. Meeting people I wouldn’t know other then this forum, any questions this is the place to send them. Hope that helps a little

Kag

I think it helps just to vent, you know? My problem is that I don’t have insurance and I have three jobs, although one is very part-time. The only reason I can see a acupunturist is because my Mom is friends with her and pays her for my visits. She has helped me a lot with the diet and the stress, but I can’t afford to do anymore. If I didn’t work at the Co-op, I wouldn’t even be able to afford the food and antifungal herbs, so thank goodness for that! Thanks for responding! It means a lot to me.

fixme
    Participant
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 101

I am worried about being social too. I’m starting college next week and already have trouble getting out to meet people. I’m 21 in a few weeks. I really hope I get past this, to be happy and sociable while doing this temporary diet/lifestyle.

Kag

I am sure that you will meet lots of new people in college, and that will help a lot. You may even be able to get hooked up with some sort of group focusing on nutrition or exercise. I don’t know if they have things like that still, but when I went to school they had lots of activities that you could join in. And the nutrition especially because lots of people don’t eat well when they go off to college. I am sure that you will be great!

fixme
    Participant

Aw thanks for the encouragement. 🙂
    We have close joining dates- how long have you been on the diet? Do you have thrush?

moochpb

I pay out of my own pocket for my naturalpath, she doesn’t take insurance. She is pretty good, she has me on alot of stuff but im gonna listen to her. I have bad bacteria and yeast. By this time next year I will be a different happier person. Venting is good and we are here to offer advice and help. Just use antifungal cream for the rash? I’m sure you are already, I developed a rash on my stomach since I started my new antifungals, probably the yeast freaking out causin more damage. Good luck to us all

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

fixme, wow! I’m very impressed that you are in college age and sticking to the diet. I’m 37 now, the very first time I tried the diet I was 23 and I couldn’t stick with it for long (I also didn’t know then how seriously sick I was). I attributed it to my age at the time. I think it’s harder for 20 somethings to really feel the full implications of an unhealthy lifestyle on their future.

When I was 22 I thought I had done the diet for a week, but that was also the week I discovered Malted Latte’s at my local coffeeshop (never mind that I wasn’t even supposed to have coffee)

I’m so impressed! Way to go!

As for the rash.
    I read a thread about how Head & Shoulders helps Candida rashes. I don’t have Head & Shoulders, but I did have some Aveda antidandruff shampoo. I have had an annoying itchy rash all over my stomach since starting the diet. I put the shampoo on one side of my stomach and left the other side alone, as an experiment. It works! The shampoo slowed itching noticeably, but the rash is still there, after one application.

fixme
    Participant

Thanks mrs. I am wishfully hoping I only have to do this diet for 2 months. Maybe I’m fooling myself but it is keepin me going so far. If I consciously think to myself this will take 6 months to a year- no way. I wish there were people posting how long it took them to heal.
    I know now I’m closer to healing. If I cheat now it my effort will be wasted. I don’t want to wait until my health is ailing later. I already was getting sick once a month on average. I started getting raging headaches after sugary foods last month.

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

Fixme,

Yes! just stick with it. I really wish I had known then what I know now. Also, if anyone has a chance of having a shorter recovery period it’s you! Your young and hopefully catching this early. Good Luck! And remember come back and post after you are healed.

fixme
    Participant

I’ve had milder thrush since sometime last year and mild nail fungus (Blegh, sounds gross.) So hopefully that length of time will make it easier on me. I just need to keep hold of myself and not come off the diet too fast. That’s what I’m afraid of. I already don’t test my new foods properly (I don’t have 3 bites the first and second day.) I eat it and hope for no reaction. I wonder, how do I know the difference between a food reaction and die off symptoms anyways?
    I plan to stay on this forum for awhile.

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

I can sympathize about not knowing what 2 tell people and having lack of support from ya man .I told coworkers i couldnt have a piece of birthday cake and they lookd at me like i was crazy !I tell friends and co workers that i have a yeast allergy and have to avoid it .It is very hard to change your life so fast with diet and taking all the supplements ,having to cook separate ,its as if u have to learn a whole new routine ,i am not yet at a place where i can get thru my day without intense sugar cravings and feelings of depression and since im used to eating when stressd and sad it is this vicious cycle that i have to overcome.

i think healing this is a process and it is all part of the process even if u fall off track its all part of the learning process and change .

I have thrush in back of my tounge and its actually worse since starting diet !Im just swishing with acv and sumtimes coconut oil .

Ive had rashes in genital area and vagisil and ice were my best friend ,try douching with coconut oil this helpd me also .

I think its very easy to get down and overwhelmed and when we dont have support from our men its so much harder to stay on track .but also we need to let the situation empower us and see it as a challenge we have to overcome with many benefits ,Remind ourselves that we will feel better and do anything else that can take our mind off things .

emz333
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 49

hi there! i totally understand what u are going thru. part of my symptoms apart from feeling like crap is a bad rash on my face and neck, so along with feeling awkward about not ordering anything when going out for tea i also feel awkward for looking like crap. it makes me so depressd as u used to LOVE catching up with mates out for dinner and drinks usually leading to a great night on the town! i have good days and bad days but it still has never 100% gone away on a good day. at the moment i just avoid all social situations like that, or just try wear my hair out and a scarf (hard when its 30degrees celcius here in australia) try not to look like too much of a dick! and eat before i go. im starting able and rasters diet and protocol after next weekend as im flying back to nz for a festival which im quite anxious about… finding some organic food, not being able to eat anything all day at the festival… so hard. i have been chewing xylitol gum, i found a cinnamon flavour, it says its flavoured with cinnamon oil so i hope its ok. it keeps me somehwhat sane. diet wise all i eat is salads, greens, organic chicken, fish and prawns. just wanted to say, i totally hear ya and know exactly what your goin thru. sometimes when i am really rashy and my face is bright red and weeping i ball my eyes out. its so hard.. but its not forever. thats the only thing i try keep telling myself!! lotsa love to ya xo

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Social relationships’ is closed to new replies.