Soba noodles and goat dairy

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Soba noodles and goat dairy

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  monita 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

monita
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 28

Hi everybody and thanks for all your helpful advice and info so far. It has made such a difference to me tackling my candidiasis properly!

I had a small query though. I seem to remember someone saying that soba noodles are OK to have on the diet (although I can’t seem to find the post now). Are these noodles OK to eat in stage 1 at all? I know that Able had suggested not to consume any grains at all in stage 1 but wasn’t sure if these qualify in this category or not.

I was just looking for something else to add to my diet for some variation as at the moment I only have egg salads, yeast free veggie soups, veg stir fry with chicken, coconut bread a few times a day and a little kefir for breakfast.

Oooh, that brings me to my second question. I remember someone saying that goat dairy was OK to have too, would it be alright to have goat butter on my coconut bread?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Monita.

Soba is the Japanese term for what we call buckwheat. Buckwheat is not a grain but rather a fruit seed. But even though it isn’t a grain, being a seed I still would not add it to my food list for at least a month into the diet.

One reason that goat’s milk is considered a better choice than cow’s milk for most people is that it’s much easier to digest and therefore easier on the digestion in general than cow’s milk.

Another important fact is, it’s normally less allergenic than cow’s milk, and one reason for this is because it resembles human milk more than cow’s milk. The fat molecules in goat’s milk do not contain agglutinin. Agglutinin is “a substance that causes particles to coagulate to form a thickened mass” … if this makes you think of mucus, it should, because goat’s milk doesn’t cause mucous or phlegm, which is a big plus. However, like cow’s milk, it does contain some of the common allergens called beta lactoglobulin and casein, therefore anyone who has an allergy to cow’s milk can react to goat’s milk.

Goat’s milk is also higher in some of the vitamins and minerals such as copper, calcium, niacin, potassium and selenium. Goat’s milk is a little higher in its fat content, but again, the fat doesn’t contain agglutinin so it’s easier to digest.

Because of its faster digesting properties, many people who are lactose intolerant or have a milk allergy are able to tolerate it better than cow’s milk, while other more sensitive people may not do well with either.

The one problem with goat’s milk is, it contains nearly the same amount of lactose that cow’s milk does, that means that anyone with Candida overgrowth can possibly have a problem with goat’s milk. After all, lactose is milk sugar, which is why milk products are avoided on the Candida diet.

However that doesn’t mean you should never have goat’s milk in some fashion; for example, I still advocate goat’s milk kefir over cow’s milk for the reasons I’ve named above. The longer the kefir is fermented, the less the amount of lactose it will contain and the less chance the sugar will have of feeding the Candida.

Able

monita

Thanks for that Able. That all makes sense to me. I stated to use goats milk instead of cow’s milk for that reason about two years ago, I just wasn’t sure about about levels of lactose in the goats milk products so thanks for clearing that up.

If seeds are a probable no no for stage one, should I not then put flax seeds into my coconut bread or coconut cookies either?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Ground flax seeds are available which should be better, especially in cooking, but perhaps you’re already using this. Baking destroys the mold.

Able

monita

Ah OK. That’s fine then, that’s what I have been using.

Thanks so much for your swift response Able, it’s really appreciated!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Soba noodles and goat dairy’ is closed to new replies.