So, this is my issues. Probiotics?

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals So, this is my issues. Probiotics?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Guest 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Topics: 32
    Replies: 55

Hi. This is my story 🙂

I have a history with constipation and stress, i tried to get help but nothing would work on my iron stomach for some reason, i even had a hose down my throat but they couldn’t see anything wrong in my stomach. I was eating a lot of gluten back then as they said i should eat a lot of fiber, i loved my coffee and took my own made cup cakes to it from time to time. Little did i know what was going to happen in the future.

Two years back from now…. I suddenly got this food intolerance and red dry skin rashes, every time i tried to eat something, anything, it would crawl under my rashes and itch, it was painful and made me moody. I wasn’t myself. I lost a lot of weight too.

I have been to the doctor. I took a blood test, urine sample and made a allergy test, when the results came back they said i was healthy as a horse, again. They didn’t see the slightest deficiency, even though i was loosing weight and only had one food source left at the time. I didn’t have any allergic reactions to gluten etc. They didn’t say anything about my rash even though i asked a couple of times and they seen it get worse by time, they just gave me something new to put on so i could feel some sort of relief. They didn’t want to do anything until i tested it so they just sent me home with a smile. As usual when something doesn’t show on paper, it’s all in your head.

I was depressed so i started to work with myself on my own. I got rid of gluten, milk products, starches and all the sugars i could think of. And even eggs, o boy do i miss them. I am a runner so i had to stop running for a while too because of my rashes couldn’t handle it. I wasn’t really concerned about my weight though. I guess my body needed the rest, specially when i couldn’t eat right.

After two years…. Thanks to herbs, silver water, pau’ darco and some kind of “diet” with clean meat such as cow and chicken, vitamin c, lettuce, avocado, cucumber, onions sometimes, wild flowers in my salad in the summer and my own made teas i feel better, i am much happier now. Someone told me to try coconut oil in my diet as well. WOW, i got the worst die-off i ever felt. I used it as a moisturizer too, my skin went crazy. A woman told me i shouldn’t stop as the coconut oil was cleansing my skin, it gets worse before it gets better, she said. Okey, i thought that i already looked like a pizza face little did i have to loose, so i continued with the coconut oil, and she was right, it got better. I also use organic shampoos and stuff which gives me relief.

I have not cheated once, i never felt any cravings, i am just so disgusted by everything.

So now, i am still constipated, i still have some of the rashes left even though it’s moderate now and don’t itch much or anything, and i still can’t eat much vegetables in the stores. Things i would like to be able to eat is peas, broccoli and cabbage but it gets too much for my stomach to handle. The things i avoid and don’t care much for is corn, potatoes, tomatoes, spinach, carrots and paprika, it might be the starches, pesticides the sugars cause they make my body go haywire in a very negative way, which peas and broccoli don’t, for an example, it just gets too much. I can also forget about fish and shrimps. Fruit, that’s a big no no. Wild berries is okey, i only take one or three, this is something i don’t do often, only in the summer.

What on earth have I’ve been through, did i develop an autoimmune disease? Candida?

I have never thought about probiotics. I started to eat my own made sauerkraut very recently as some say it helps against constipation and gives probiotic, kefir is nowhere to be found here and milk products are useless so this is all i got that is natural, for now at least. My skin had a slight flush at the beginning and i got a bit of acne, not much, just some few bumps, that’s all. I am not bloated, windy or uncomfortable. This is the same reaction i get for eating probiotics in capsules. I even get the little flush from caprylic acid capsules and coconut oil, it makes me a little nervous so i stop eating it, after a little while i eat it again. Should i be worried? Or just go for it? Although since i started to eat the sauerkraut it feels like my skin isn’t as dry as before.

Is probiotic cleansing in some way?

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

Dear Kateyliss,

All I can see are the very similar symptoms that I suffered with over the years. The very best advice I can give you is a complete approach against an overgrowth of Candida Albicans in the GI track.

There is a protocol found on this forum, which explains what to do. Besides, you’ve done loads of good stuff beforehand and you might have it easier from now on compeered to other who just starts a fresh treatment against c. albicans.

Kefir: You can get it from http://www.hjemmeriet.dk.

caprylic acid capsules and coconut oil: Keep taking it if you’re not going to make a cleanse (also described in the protocol). The nervousness is die-off reaction, had it many times before, it’s normal, but be careful, read the protocol.

If you do this right, you’re problems will disappear.

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

Thank you for the link about the Kefir and the advice klips32. I shall continue to take the coconut oil and the caprylic acid capsules and take a closer look at the protocol and see what i can do. Sad to read that you are a victim to this dreadful thing as well, at least we are not alone, let’s hope we can put an end to this.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello Katey,

I would check out this post about HCL and general health (including skin health). Dr. Mcoomb’s feels that anyone who is has skin problems is likely deficient in HCL (hydro-chloric acid).

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst6027_Hydro-chloric-Acid-and-Health–written-by-Dr–McCoombs.aspx

Additionally, it sounds like you have untreated leaky gut (holes in your intestines that have caused you to be allergic to everything). This takes a long time to heal, but basically you need to reduce the inflammation of your gut by eating an anti-inflammatory diet (and supplements), chewing your food well (30 times+ per bite), and feeding the beneficial bacteria in the gut with prebiotics and probiotics. Other supplements help heal leaky gut and promote digestion as well (for instance, swedish bitters).

It sounds like you are experiencing die-off from antifungals which means you have a fungal, yeast, bacterial, or other infection and your liver is being too taxed to handle these toxins. A person with a healthy liver should not feel deathly bad from taking antifungals. It is best to supplement yourself with liver and kidney supplements to protect the liver while taking antifungals; examples include chelated molybdenum and milk thistle.

The coffee has made everything worse and promotes your health negatively. Are you still drinking coffee? It is strongly inflammatory, promotes leaky gut, and drains the body.

Your experience is similar to what many of us have gone through and now you can start healing.

-raster

Wow. Thank you Raster. This was new to me, i sure have a lot to dig in to now. Tough to hear that it takes a long time to heal but at least i know, thats far better than not knowing anything.

No. I haven’t had coffee for about four years now. No more coffee for this lady. It has been easy to leave every bad habit behind, although it’s not as easy for the people i know as it is a social thing to eat and snack together and they wish for me to be able to eat all that stuff again. It’s a bit weird and i haven’t got totally used to it yet and it gets a bit overwhelming at times as they don’t have a clue about what candida is and what it does. I guess I’m not the only one that has gone through that either.

It shall be interesting to hang around and learn more about these type of things as you here seem to know so much. It should be in every peoples interest to know about food and health.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘So, this is my issues. Probiotics?’ is closed to new replies.