So so confused, please help

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions So so confused, please help

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Now Gone 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Gchatts
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 2

Help! Do I have candida and parasites? I have had abdominal pains or sensations on and off for way over a year. The doctors have hit them with antibiotics but to no avail. I used to have them occasionally now it pulses all the time, especially at night. I’ve had tests for stds at clinics for years they always come back negative but positive for thrush which I always thought is weird as I only very occasionally have symptoms for it. I am a terrible insomniac always have been, I feel like I’m rushing on adrenaline as soon as I get in bed. Occasionally I have an itchy bottom, I grew up on a farm and never really got wormed as a youngster plus i also have athletes foot. I went on the candida diet and antifungal for about a week and felt really good but then I saw this alternative therapy man who practises Chinese medicine and acupuncture. He studied normal medicinevat first at Oxford and has helped a couple of my friends who swear by him. He dismissed the candida straight out and I never expanded on the topic and said I had ibs and a hormone imbalance mainly due to my bad pmt. I accepted this diagnosis as he seemed great and plausible, plus I was going out that night and fancied a drink) He treated me with herbs and accupunture. After about a month I feel worse than ever, admittedly I’ve had a back breaking stressful month at work but my abdomin plus foggy head with nausea almost migraine is worse than ever. He said it was a stomach bug going around despite the fact I was pretty much not passing any bowel movements. He then said to stop taking the herbs, which I did, and I’ll be honest I had a few fags, relieved the pressure and after 2 days i am much better, although I can still feel the tingle in my abdomin at all times. Now I don’t want to start the herbs again as I feel like it could really be candida and parasites. But I really want to believe my man. Just don’t know which way to turn, can’t put my life on hold much longer, can one advice me if my symptoms are most likely candida?

Sorry such a long post

Now Gone
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 43

Gchatts,
    Definitely sounds like candida to me. Most doctors don’t even believe candida exists, so they dismiss it out right. It is a normal part of your gut environment. so it’s not a foreign invader, it’s supposed to be there. It just gets out of balance and when it over grows gives off a toxic waste product. So, the cure is to get your gut flora healthy and balanced and your body healthy. You need to make some permanent lifestyle changes in your diet forever. Look at the Whole30.com web-site and do the 30 day whole foods cleansing if possible. Then you can add back more foods if they agree with your digestion, beans (black, lentils and chickpeas) and seed grains (whole oat groats, amaranth, quinoa, millet, etc). What’s more important is what you don’t eat and this will be hard but worthwhile. No refined sugar, flours, alcohol, diary (milk sugar), pasta. pizza, cheeses, ice cream, desserts, white potatoes, etc. Take a good multi strain probiotic on an empty stomach twice a day with prebiotics FOS, good oligiosachydes the good yeast feeds on. Monitor your body symptoms and watch the ichyness disappear, stomach and intestine problems, migranes. Look at your tongue if it has a thick coat, you have yeast. If your bowels have stringy mucous on it you have yeast. The Whole30.com foods will also clear inflammation (ie migraines). Good luck.

dave.j
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hi Gchatts,
    Sorry to hear what you are going through. I have been there in the past. Donna made some great recommendations for lifestyle changes. I experimented with several diets over the years and everything I researched led to finding the Bulletproof Diet. It is low in carbohydrates and low in inflammatory foods, great for battling candida. One specific supplement that I have found to be the best for balancing the gut flora is SF722 by Thorne. I generally take 3 caps with every meal. I also take a high quality probiotic every evening to reestablish beneficial bacteria. I am currently working on a website to compile the information I have learned over the years. Feel free to check it out and ask any questions if you have them. Hope this helps!
    Regards,
    David

youarewhatyoudigest.blogspot.com

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I recommend candida complex test for diagnosis. IMO you have the two strongest symptoms of a yeast problem which includes rectal itching and athletes foot. I would consider going to another doctor and/or getting the candida complex test which determines whether or not you are allergic to yeast. If you are allergic to yeast it means you are not fighting it.

-raster

Gchatts
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 2

Thankyou so much guys, this has been really reassuring and helpful. I have begun again on the candida diet and already feel a lot better, even if it is just IBS I think cutting out the nasties for a while can only be a good thing. Thanks Raster I have an appointment made with the doc but there is a bit of a waiting time here in England at the moment so have to wait a few weeks, also know a friend who went to see them about candida and they were very dismissive about it compared to Ireland. Just wanted to check Donna and Dave (sounds like a dub band duo) should I be taking prebiotics at the beginning, or wait to introduce them later? I read somewhere that they can interfere with the initial kill off?

Many thanks guys

Now Gone
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 43

Dave.j What is SF722 by Thorne?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘So so confused, please help’ is closed to new replies.