So no carrots in the anti-candida diet?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice So no carrots in the anti-candida diet?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  nr_clark 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

nr_clark
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

I know the website says to avoid eating carrots, but there are several other anti-candida sites which say carrots are OK.

I know it’s not rocket science, but I’m getting mixed information. I guess carrots do affect certain people?

I’m on my 2nd week of anti-candida, and have been eating some carrots. Die off comes and goes, but it’s at a minimum due to molybdenum and coffee enemas.

Perhaps the progress would be better without carrots?

Now Gone
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 43

I have also found conflicting information on the different web-sites regarding candida. What I do is keep a log of how I feel and what I ate and how different foods are affecting me. Initially, I was just eating some lean meats and non-starchy veggies. I got really weak and constipated, so I had to add back some carbs. I eat carrots, sometimes sweet potatoes butternut squash and even a 3 bean salad. There is some scientific research that resistant starch is needed as a prebiotic for the good gut bacteria to feed on and multiply. I am also doing probiotics but the prebiotics helps them multiply quicker and maintains better gut health. Resistant starches are in cold bean salad, cold potato starch, etc. (see freetheanimal.com) I avoid just the foods that really send me off the roof which are fruits, diary, most grains, etc. Anyway, this is what I’ve found works for me.

Banshee
    Participant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 40

I could do about 1/2 cup into the second phase. My RD started me on 1/4 cup first of carrot, parsnip or beet

RobyRob
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 55

I get candida just by thinking of sugar. So I avoid carrots.
    Others say they can eat many sweet things and stay OK.
    I guess you have to try and see what works for you.

Banshee
    Participant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 40

I advise waiting at least a month into the program, or when symptoms have noticeably diminished for at least a few weeks.

Started sweets with green apples, berries and maybe winter squash? I think I was two months in before adding carrots.

Regardless, I’ve found it helpful to remind myself that this is temporary. You’ll enjoy them again, eventually.

nr_clark
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Thanks for that information Banshee, really helpful!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘So no carrots in the anti-candida diet?’ is closed to new replies.