So I was prescribed Diflucan…

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions So I was prescribed Diflucan…

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  ponyboy 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

ponyboy
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 5

I managed to get it from a walk-in clinic doctor. He prescribed me for a week, after some serious coercion…

My plan is to continue on the diet until my symptoms stabilize ( I’m on week two of the strictest part ), continue for another week after that, take my medication for a week while still keeping the diet, and slowly bring back other foods a few days after I’m done. Does this sound feasible?

If anyone has any suggestions for what I should take more/less of while on Diflucan, or what to be aware of before and during, that would be a big help too. I currently have no medical help with this.

PS. sorry if I posted this twice, I can’t seem to find my first post on here… I just want this gone!

ponyboy

I should probably also mention that my symptoms don’t seem to be too severe. Before going on the diet I’ve only had oral thrush as a symptom and mild gas/bloating after eating certain foods, for about two years. I knew enough about it to stay away from at least dairy and sugar while the thrush was active during those two years, and I’ve also been taking very high doses of omega-3 during that time ( for ADD ) which I recently heard is also good for combatting candida. So maybe I don’t need to be on the diet/medication for more than a few months?

Tdog333
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 245

From what I’ve read the best thing to do is go slow. Start with some natural antifungals and molebdenum amino acid chelate, start the diet. After a week start probiotics and increase dosage every day. 2 weeks later of no die off you could probably start the antifungals. make sure the probiotics you take high many strains and you are taking ~100+ bill a day that point. Just what I would do. I’m not expert, but i’ve read alot. Best thing you can do is cut down the candida, overwhelm with good bacteria, you will never kill all candida and you don’t need to, just smother it with the good. Best of luck !

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Plan on a 6-18 month recovery to get over candida overgrowth.

-raster

sheepish
    Participant
    Topics: 0

Dear PonyBoy

I wonder why you would take Diflucan if your symptoms are not too bad. I have so many serious symptoms but when I took this drug my hair fell out. Just so you know.

ponyboy

sheepish;48757 wrote: Dear PonyBoy

I wonder why you would take Diflucan if your symptoms are not too bad. I have so many serious symptoms but when I took this drug my hair fell out. Just so you know.

Your hair fell out? All of it? Permanently??

I know that it’s a strong anti-fungal and I want to nip this problem in the bud before it gets any worse. Two years of thrush is not fun… especially when dating ): I’m only 20!

savannah
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

How many mg for each pill and how many pills? I have been using diflucan and nizoral off and on for 2 yrs and my hair is great… there are other health issue that many with candida may have that wd cause hair to fall out.

Depending on your pills, I can make a recommendation.

Bansaw
    Participant
    Topics: 50
    Replies: 106

Try and stay on the diet longer term. I’m on week 12 now and getting better.

Bansaw
    Participant
    Topics: 50
    Replies: 106

Try and stay on the diet longer term. I’m on week 12 now and getting better.

ponyboy

savannah;48825 wrote: How many mg for each pill and how many pills? I have been using diflucan and nizoral off and on for 2 yrs and my hair is great… there are other health issue that many with candida may have that wd cause hair to fall out.

Depending on your pills, I can make a recommendation.

50 mg per pill, one pill a day for seven days.

ponyboy

Bansaw;48842 wrote: Try and stay on the diet longer term. I’m on week 12 now and getting better.

A lot of my problem is the cost. Because groceries are more expensive now I run out of money before I get paid again and I end up cheating on the diet because I have no other choice but to get food that is cheap and convenient, or lying around in my house. Last week I went to a barbeque simply because I had no money to buy food, and aside from actual meat I ate mostly samosas, cheese rolls and cheese on crackers. It’s Saturday now and I have no money until Friday…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘So I was prescribed Diflucan…’ is closed to new replies.