So Delicious Dairy Free – NO SUGAR ADDED – Vanilla Bean Ice Cream

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Snacks & Treats So Delicious Dairy Free – NO SUGAR ADDED – Vanilla Bean Ice Cream

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  PeteSake 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

fiae
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 23

Hi guys,

I’m wondering if any of you have tried this coconut-milk ice cream yet. I tried it two summers ago when I was trying (but failed) to do the diet, and I don’t think I noticed any adverse reactions. It’s hard to say though because I can’t remember.

I can say it was delicious, of course, and the ingredients are promising:

Ingredients: ORGANIC COCONUTMILK (FILTERED WATER, ORGANIC COCONUT CREAM), CHICORY ROOT EXTRACT, ACACIA GUM, ERYTHRITOL, VEGETABLE GLYCERIN, GUAR GUM, SEA SALT, MONK FRUIT EXTRACT, LOCUST BEAN GUM, NATURAL FLAVOR, VANILLA BEAN SPECKS

I found it at a Metro in Canada. I’m in Phase 2 (soon to be 3) right now and I think I’m going to try to find it again this weekend.

http://sodeliciousdairyfree.com/products/coconut-milk-frozen-desserts/no-sugar-added-vanilla-bean

1 user thanked author for this post.

PeteSake
    Participant
    Replies: 36

I have this one and it’s delicious!

I’m toward the end of phase 1 and so I’m still careful. However each serving of this is 1 gram sugar, so I eat about 1/4-1/2 serving at a time after a meal.. and I’ve noticed no adverse reactions as of yet!

It’s interesting that this looks geared towards candida sufferers.
    -Coconut product fight candida
    -erythritol fights candida
    -chicory root feeds beneficial gut flora (but not sure if the extract does the same)

fiae
    Participant

I have this one and it’s delicious!
    I’m toward the end of phase 1 and so I’m still careful. However each serving of this is 1 gram sugar, so I eat about 1/4-1/2 serving at a time after a meal.. and I’ve noticed no adverse reactions as of yet!
    It’s interesting that this looks geared towards candida sufferers. -Coconut product fight candida -erythritol fights candida -chicory root feeds beneficial gut flora (but not sure if the extract does the same)

Very interesting indeed!! I’ve specially ordered it through my grocery store because I couldn’t find it!

I do wonder where the 1g of sugar comes from though.

I also tried making my own the other day (which took a while) and it was delicious!

PeteSake
    Participant

I’m fairly certain the sugar comes straight from the coconut milk/cream.

1 user thanked author for this post.

fiae
    Participant

I think you’re right! I just saw that they also have a “mint chip” and “chocolate” version – but these might not be as Candida-diet friendly. I haven’t been able to find them in the real world either 😛

PeteSake
    Participant

They have them at quite a few stores where I live, at least the brand, but the ‘no sugar added’ versions are harder to find. I think on the website there are actually a few more flavors. The mint and chip was absolutely delicious too!

It probably is best to be leery about the chocolate in them though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘So Delicious Dairy Free – NO SUGAR ADDED – Vanilla Bean Ice Cream’ is closed to new replies.