Snacks and Cravings

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Snacks and Cravings

This topic contains 21 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Tulip 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Tulip
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 58

Ok,I am still on the very limited stage one diet,but I keep craving fruit and yes,there is NO way I am going to have it.How do you guys deal with that? Also I am feeling very snack-y but I don’t have any snack type foods around.Celery is good but not very filling.It’s hard as I live my family (who are away) and there are lots of nuts around,my old pumpkin seeds in the fridge,however I have been told not to have nuts yet because of the mold.I wasn’t feeling well this morning so I made asparagus leek soup with salmon,and I’m HUNGRY and have always been a snacker,and now I don’t have anything to fill my belly.
    Any stage one snack ideas would be much appreciated! I just had some Himalayan salt.Exciting.
    Namaste,
    Tulip

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Tulip wrote: I’m HUNGRY

Would you believe me if I told you that the hunger will eventually go away if you stick with the treatment without changing your diet?
    The “hunger” you’re feeling is caused by the Candida and is not your own body telling you to feed it. You might even call it a “false” hunger.
    If you think about it, it’s a hunger that you’ve never experienced before, even when you’ve gone without food in the past.
    Hunger and Candida

Able

Tulip

Able900 wrote:

I’m HUNGRY

Would you believe me if I told you that the hunger will eventually go away if you stick with the treatment without changing your diet?
    The “hunger” you’re feeling is caused by the Candida and is not your own body telling you to feed it. You might even call it a “false” hunger.
    If you think about it, it’s a hunger that you’ve never experienced before, even when you’ve gone without food in the past.
    Hunger and Candida

Able

Of course I believe you! And I know it’s just that mean old fungus.I had a peeled cucumber with Himalayan salt and my stomach is growling like crazy.I’m kind of low on vegetables so will get more cucumbers and celery to gnaw on.Thanks! Any support I am grateful for!

xday2dazex
    Topics: 81
    Replies: 108

Here are some of my snacks:

A gigantic cucumber with acv mustard on it (the mustard is antifungal).
    A few jalapinos (anti-inflammatory, decongestant, and antifungal).
    An avacado (prebiotic and all around superfood).
    A can of asparagus (prebiotic).
    A slice of teff bread (prebiotic with good bacteria, and will boost energy). *
    Hard boiled eggs, or eggs scrambled and microwaved for a few minutes.

*Look into the bread recipes on here. Some stuff can be hard to tolerate at first if you have leaky gut, but you can work it in slowly or alternate grains. Sometimes I have cream of buckwheat one day, teff bread the next if I’m having bad LGS. I would recommend trying either teff bread of coconut bread. I’m super hungry first thing in the morning so I usually go straight to the fridge and grab a slice. It’s nice because there’s no prep involved and it’s filling. I wasn’t into the whole idea of baking at first but its worth it when you finish a loaf and take that first bite lol. Good luck.

-Day

princeofsin
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 224

I would recommend getting a juicer and juicing your veg’s. It’s fast and you can drink it when ever you are hungry.

Tulip

princeofsin wrote: I would recommend getting a juicer and juicing your veg’s. It’s fast and you can drink it when ever you are hungry.

Oh,I have a Vitamix”my baby.” But I green juice every morning,today was kale,celery,flax seed gel,maca,spirulina,chlorophyll..sometimes I don’t feel like another juice in the afternoon.And I often want something salty to keep my blood sugar up,also I think it’s “ladies’ time” for me.In the past I used to crave salt and starches,so I’d roast Yukon Gold potatoes with rosemary and basil in olive oil,then have it with organic ketchup and avocado.Not anymore! I’d always get a sugar high from the starch too…

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

When you start stage 2 (or website stage 3) you can start to branch out and eat other things that you normally couldn’t tolerate. Examples include almond butter, nuts, fruit, pumpkin, etc. I really like the pumpkin muffin bread because its anti-inflammatory; great snack item but sorta high in starch.

-raster

princeofsin
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 224

Tulip wrote:

I would recommend getting a juicer and juicing your veg’s. It’s fast and you can drink it when ever you are hungry.

Oh,I have a Vitamix”my baby.” But I green juice every morning,today was kale,celery,flax seed gel,maca,spirulina,chlorophyll..sometimes I don’t feel like another juice in the afternoon.And I often want something salty to keep my blood sugar up,also I think it’s “ladies’ time” for me.In the past I used to crave salt and starches,so I’d roast Yukon Gold potatoes with rosemary and basil in olive oil,then have it with organic ketchup and avocado.Not anymore! I’d always get a sugar high from the starch too…

How long have you been on the diet?

soon
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 27

I like to snack on some oat bran. It takes literally about five minutes to make. Hits the spot better than most things. You could try cooking a bunch of turkey or chicken and then snacking on that with some raw vegetables. Cultured veggies are great if you can get into them. I make cultured salsa and eat it with blue corn chips. today I made amaranth with cinnamon, sea salt and xylitol. It tasted like a giant, soft, cinnamon pretzel. It was so freaking good. I here you about the hunger though. I constantly have this spot that i can’t fill -like an unscratchable itch. So I throw the beast some cinnamon and xylitol and prebiotic fiber and kill that sucka.

Tulip

princeofsin wrote:

How long have you been on the diet?
    About a month a half.I didn’t do a proper cleanse the first time,just eliminated fruit,then the fungus succumbed to raw berry cheesecake,plus I was having grains and beans.So I haven’t had grains and beans in about two weeks.Not too long,eh?

Tulip

soon wrote: I like to snack on some oat bran. It takes literally about five minutes to make. Hits the spot better than most things. You could try cooking a bunch of turkey or chicken and then snacking on that with some raw vegetables. Cultured veggies are great if you can get into them. I make cultured salsa and eat it with blue corn chips. today I made amaranth with cinnamon, sea salt and xylitol. It tasted like a giant, soft, cinnamon pretzel. It was so freaking good. I here you about the hunger though. I constantly have this spot that i can’t fill -like an unscratchable itch. So I throw the beast some cinnamon and xylitol and prebiotic fiber and kill that sucka.

I don’t eat turkey or chicken…I haven’t had meat in 15 years,there is no way my digestion could handle it.Various doctors have told me I’d end up in the ER and I believe them.I have had to become fine with fish,I’m not happy about supporting the fishing industry,but I am not fine with supporting the meat industry.
    I probably won’t have corn ever again.I’ve had so much digestive pain whenever I’ve had it.That,gluten,dairy,meat,sugar,flours,processed foods are my “never again” list of foods.More like poisons for me.
    I’ve been having sliced cucumbers with Himalayan salt.So good! For lunch I made steamed salmon and made it into wraps with collards,sliced vegetables,swiss chard,topped with raw garlic,dipped in olive oil with dried rosemary and basil.YUM!

SRQ
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 53

Able is absolutely right. I discovered snacking basically was just a habit. I wasn’t actually hungry. For me, hard boiled eggs and pumpkin seeds are my in between meal snacks. And, usually, I munch on those not out of hunger, but to help keep up my calorie count. I find too that the more regimented my day is, the easier it is for me to avoid snacking because I know when my next planned meal will be. Good luck…sounds like you’re doing well!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I just want to state that no one should be eating corn on the diet…

-raster

Tulip

raster wrote: I just want to state that no one should be eating corn on the diet…

-raster

Yeah I agree,I’m even shocked that non-Candidans can digest that disgusting grain.I mean,no offense to those who have it as a staple in their genetic diet,but that is one evil evil thing.I cannot believe I actually made and ate raw corn dehydrated tortillas early this year.That gave me so much pain!

Tulip

SRQ wrote: Able is absolutely right. I discovered snacking basically was just a habit. I wasn’t actually hungry. For me, hard boiled eggs and pumpkin seeds are my in between meal snacks. And, usually, I munch on those not out of hunger, but to help keep up my calorie count. I find too that the more regimented my day is, the easier it is for me to avoid snacking because I know when my next planned meal will be. Good luck…sounds like you’re doing well!

You know I don’t feel snacky at all today.Yesterday I overdid it,having salmon wraps made of collards with salmon and vegetables inside.I thought I was still hungry so I had two huge sliced cucumbers with too much Himalayan salt.I felt horrible and my stomach was bloated,I think from too much salt as well.had a good hot steam to help that out.
    Yes,I find regimen and routine very important.I know exactly what I’m having for every meal,shop ahead,etc.
    Thank you for the support! I literally have none where I live! Most people have no clue as to what Candida us,yet I see or meet so many with symptoms…scary.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Snacks and Cravings’ is closed to new replies.