Smelly Scalp

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Smelly Scalp

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

mk3
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 17

I have been dealing with a smelly scalp (cheesy-type smell)that is somewhat itchy and quite dry as well. I realize that ultimately my issues are rooted in my gut but wondering if anyone has used anything topically to wash their scalp that helps with this issue.

Right now I am using a tea tree based shampoo and rinisng with apple cider vingar afterwards. It does not seem to be helping lately though.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

There could be a few things going on. Do you have dandruff? Excessive dandruff?

I had ringworm for the last 10 years and it completely blanketed my scalp. It was a thick layer! I could not tell I had it other than dandruff and some scabbing on my head. I would consider getting tested for ringworm, which is caused by both fungus and parasites. If you do have it, you’ll need to kill the parasites internally while using a few types of special shampoo. I highly recommend this one shampoo sold by vitamin shoppe “anti-dandruff shampoo.” And you’ll also need a selenium sulfide shampoo as well to kill ringworm…

Hope this helps! I was able to improve my hair with the protocol as well as by killing the parasites.

-raster

mk3
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 17

raster wrote: There could be a few things going on. Do you have dandruff? Excessive dandruff?

I had ringworm for the last 10 years and it completely blanketed my scalp. It was a thick layer! I could not tell I had it other than dandruff and some scabbing on my head. I would consider getting tested for ringworm, which is caused by both fungus and parasites. If you do have it, you’ll need to kill the parasites internally while using a few types of special shampoo. I highly recommend this one shampoo sold by vitamin shoppe “anti-dandruff shampoo.” And you’ll also need a selenium sulfide shampoo as well to kill ringworm…

Hope this helps! I was able to improve my hair with the protocol as well as by killing the parasites.

-raster

Thanks for the reply raster.

I most definitely have dandruff…not sure it it’s excessive though. Were you prescribed with anything special to deal with the ringworm internally? or did you just continue with the protocol to fix it? Is it a stool test to determine if ringworm is present?

Where can I get a selenium sulfide shampoo? I might as well just treat it as ringworm in the mean time…

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Like I stated, ringworm is caused by both fungus and parasites. You can get tested at your doctors office for ringworm (which is the version of athletes foot on the head)…they’ll prescribe a selenium sulfide shampoo. If you went to a naturopath, they’d attack it internally with black walnut extract, homeopathics, and other stuff to kill the parasites.

This is the vitamin shoppe stuff:

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=EC-1040

-raster

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Smelly Scalp’ is closed to new replies.