Sleep!

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

I’m having loads of trouble sleeping from time to time. In periods with much rain or humid weather it worsen, also if I do something wrong with the diet. Die-off periods last summer was pretty bad too.
    But the main concern is any physical activity such as catching the bus while carrying a light backpack. Anything that my body is not used to triggers a reaction that unfolds with less sleep, waking up early in the morning and feeling stress/as if I drank a lot of coffee.

Any one else experiencing this?

Is there anything I can take to sleep better?

I’ve tried different teas such as valerian, but this does nothing, can drink it all day, never get tired.

My physician gave me a mild anti-depressant drug with the side effects of becoming really sleepy, I took it once, but stopped since it gave me cravings – not handy on this diet.

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

It sounds like you have adrenal fatigue, you may want to look into it.

How much vitamin C are you taking? I finally started sleeping better when I began high doses of vitamin C.

klips32
    Participant

Adrenal fatigue? thought that was something made up, but i’ll look into it.

1,5g a day of vitamin C 🙂

and by the way, when I started on vitamin C, my urine was really dark, despite all the water I drank.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Please explain this “reaction” you get. I haven’t heard of this happening before…running the bus shouldn’t cause any drawback whatsoever.

-raster

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

I can’t speak to your “dark” urine. But, I can tell you that any extra vitamin C your body doesn’t need is eliminated through your urine.

I would suggest taking more vitamin C to see if that helps 5000 mg is what is recommended for the Candida Diet.

Somedays I take up to 15000 mg, it helps me with my die off too.

klips32
    Participant

Mrs. candida: I did read something about vitamin C getting rid of a lot of waste/toxins, thought that it was what I saw in the urine 🙂

raster;34893 wrote: Please explain this “reaction” you get. I haven’t heard of this happening before…running the bus shouldn’t cause any drawback whatsoever.

-raster

It’s easier to explain the “worst case scenario”, more symptoms are present: Lets say I work out my legs. First 2 hours I feel fine, then I get really hot and somehow feel unpleasant, can’t focus straight etc. Later in the evening I don’t get tired, and when I finally sleep I wake up too early in the morning.

Same thing happens when I do milder stuff like riding my bike fast or running for about 100 yards.

If this continue over 2-3 days I get really exhausted, my body never rests and I can’t do anything but sit and watch TV or play games on my computer.

(haven’t lifted weights for about 1 year now since my candida gets worse)

On the other hand, I’ve experienced when I sometimes get better from c. albicans, this scenario is unlikely to happen. I had a period of 2 weeks some month ago when I really got well after introducing probiotics for the first time.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

One thing you might have going on is that you are so busy throughout the day and exert so much energy mentally, etc. is that your body doesn’t have a chance to “cool down” after the day.

For instance, after working 8 hours, doing grocery shopping, cooking, eating, doing laundry, (and if you had kids doing stuff with them, which I dont), take out the trash, etc. you might not have enough chillout time in the day. This is something I have occasionally…then you want to chill out and watch some intense movie, tv show, etc. and you mind just can’t stop.

I’ve had this a bunch and what I try to do is take a shower, read a book, etc. and then I can wind down naturally.

I wish I could help you more than this, but it may be a lifestyle issue and not necessarily something related to candida.

-raster

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

Maybe your liver needs more support? I’ve noticed in the past that drinking a lot would cause me to wake up at the crack of dawn the next day, like 6am or earlier. I’ve read a couple of articles that suggest this (and overeating sleeplessness) are related to the liver being overloaded. They recommend eating lightly, and slightly early in the evening, for your last meal so that your liver can do the overnight house-cleaning it needs to do.

I hope you find something that works for you!

Angel29
    Participant
    Topics: 56
    Replies: 101

I know most of our sleep issues are health related, but for me it’s usually stress related; I stay up worrying about financial problems, etc. So I just purchased this device called “Nightwave Sleep Assistant.” It was about $50 bucks and I’ll begin using it tomorrow. I’ll let you know if it works.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

klips32;34898 wrote: Same thing happens when I do milder stuff like riding my bike fast or running for about 100 yards.

K, first of all you shouldn’t be running 100 yards if you’re fighting a Candida infestation. Rest and zero exertion is part of the treatment.

For sleep, try taking an herb called Ashwagandha and also 5HTP capsules. You can work up to 3 capsules of each every day.

Able

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Sleep!’ is closed to new replies.