Sinus pressure, lymph congestion from meat?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Sinus pressure, lymph congestion from meat?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TheXtremisT 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

TheXtremisT
    Participant
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 126

Hi everyone, I’m hoping for some advice on this.

I gave up eating salmon, lamb and chicken on the diet since the end of January, and some symptoms disappeared. I got less oil production on my face (and acne), and a slight swollen lymph node in my neck eased. Plus my sinus pressure disappeared. I used to get constipated too, so my elimination was better.

But I wanted to start going to the gym a little, and noticed I was still losing weight (58 down to 55.5kg – 23yr old male at 6ft), from the lack of protein (I didn’t substitute the meat). All I had introduced was some Teff flour (eventually caused itchy anus, worse thrush, post nasal drip, so I eliminated it – still no better).

So for the gym, I started eating ~50g of chicken on mondays and fridays for the past 3 weeks. And now my sinus pressure and lymph congestion symptoms are back.

What’s wierd is that I used to eat more, maybe 100g in a portion, and got similar, if not less severe symptoms, and eaten 3 times a week. So are my tolerances worse?

I’ve started doing a little yoga for lymph flushing, but remains to be seen whether it helps me (sometimes).
    I think more vitamin C may help, I’m having 3 x 250mg per day I think. I will start my nettle leaf tea when I’m back home from being away. I’d like to give up meat but need an alternative (to prevent weight loss).
    I want to try chia seed powder but am unsure – any help?

Vegan Catlady – any advice? I know you have suggestions on lymphatic stuff.

Do you think I need a little while for the yoga to kick in?

Thanks for any help.

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

Just my perspective,not looking to debate my experience with posters that might disagree <3

I promise you are not losing weight from lack of meat protein.

Its not what we put in, its what we absorb.

Before getting sick, I was a fan of of http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/ .
    I have talked to some of these guys/gals on Facebook, they are extremely motivating and clear in their explanations for why they excel without meat.

When our bodies are excreting/absorbing properly, you can eat a completely plant-based diet and gain like crazy. When we have issues with either, we have to consume more which just exacerbates the problem until disease presents itself.

Candida can screw up both elimination and absorption, so how bad is your candida situation?

I ask because I can easily get way too much protein eating beans and lentils, quinoa and occasionally soy.

Im not debating with anyone whether they should eat these foods with candida, I only know that I can eat these foods at this point in my journey without any reaction at all.
    No digestive issues, but I do notice that when I eat too much protein I get dehydrated.

Drinking water doesnt help the kind of dehydration you get with excessive protein intake, because the water just gets used immediately to metabolize the protein and work it through the kidneys. the kidneys get worked hard regularly and then they stop filtering so well.
    You see it in under-eye darkness.

Lymph moves when there is enough interstitial fluid ,
    “Interstitial fluid consists of a water solvent containing sugars, salts, fatty acids, amino acids, coenzymes, hormones, neurotransmitters, as well as waste products from the cells.”
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstitial_fluid
    But lymph becomes stagnant when there is acidosis present.
    Acidosis can be temporary or chronic, but it was explained to me that it is encouraged by meat consumption and cooked foods and stress.
    Acids, like heat, cooks. Lymph nodes can solidify, swell.

The plan would be to limit meat consumption while at the same time consume foods that hydrate the body without requiring water to digest. Atleast temporarily.

While I dont follow his lifestyle exclusively, Jeff Sekerak had a great ebook out called Confessions of a Superfit Vegan which I read in the beginning for the lifestyle tips.
    At the time I read it, I didnt have overgrowth , and I now find it interesting that he did mention the overgrowth of fungus when your lymph isnt moving.
    Exercise alone doesnt move it,he says. He is a big guy,bodybuilder, and at the time I was impressed by his ability to put weight on in muscle eating raw.

So anyway, we can go on indefinitely taking things for every symptom that comes up, but it might be easier to just consume a diet that lets the body heal itself.
    Cleavers and echinacea help to clean the lymph, and good hydration and fruit “pull” or move the lymph, I know of some excellent lymph tinctures and teas if you want the names let me know, but all of this wont get rid of the problem if meat is more than 10% of total calories.

Hope this helps.
    <3

TheXtremisT
    Participant

Vegan Catlady;55646 wrote: Just my perspective,not looking to debate my experience with posters that might disagree <3

I promise you are not losing weight from lack of meat protein.

Its not what we put in, its what we absorb.

Before getting sick, I was a fan of of http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/ .
    I have talked to some of these guys/gals on Facebook, they are extremely motivating and clear in their explanations for why they excel without meat.

When our bodies are excreting/absorbing properly, you can eat a completely plant-based diet and gain like crazy. When we have issues with either, we have to consume more which just exacerbates the problem until disease presents itself.

Candida can screw up both elimination and absorption, so how bad is your candida situation?

I ask because I can easily get way too much protein eating beans and lentils, quinoa and occasionally soy.

Im not debating with anyone whether they should eat these foods with candida, I only know that I can eat these foods at this point in my journey without any reaction at all.
    No digestive issues, but I do notice that when I eat too much protein I get dehydrated.

Drinking water doesnt help the kind of dehydration you get with excessive protein intake, because the water just gets used immediately to metabolize the protein and work it through the kidneys. the kidneys get worked hard regularly and then they stop filtering so well.
    You see it in under-eye darkness.

Lymph moves when there is enough interstitial fluid ,
    “Interstitial fluid consists of a water solvent containing sugars, salts, fatty acids, amino acids, coenzymes, hormones, neurotransmitters, as well as waste products from the cells.”
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstitial_fluid
    But lymph becomes stagnant when there is acidosis present.
    Acidosis can be temporary or chronic, but it was explained to me that it is encouraged by meat consumption and cooked foods and stress.
    Acids, like heat, cooks. Lymph nodes can solidify, swell.

The plan would be to limit meat consumption while at the same time consume foods that hydrate the body without requiring water to digest. Atleast temporarily.

While I dont follow his lifestyle exclusively, Jeff Sekerak had a great ebook out called Confessions of a Superfit Vegan which I read in the beginning for the lifestyle tips.
    At the time I read it, I didnt have overgrowth , and I now find it interesting that he did mention the overgrowth of fungus when your lymph isnt moving.
    Exercise alone doesnt move it,he says. He is a big guy,bodybuilder, and at the time I was impressed by his ability to put weight on in muscle eating raw.

So anyway, we can go on indefinitely taking things for every symptom that comes up, but it might be easier to just consume a diet that lets the body heal itself.
    Cleavers and echinacea help to clean the lymph, and good hydration and fruit “pull” or move the lymph, I know of some excellent lymph tinctures and teas if you want the names let me know, but all of this wont get rid of the problem if meat is more than 10% of total calories.

Hope this helps.
    <3

I understand, thank you for your reply.

I had a feeling it wasn’t from the lack of meat, but what I should have said was that my weight loss could have been due to the lack of protein after I gave it up.

I have just started chia seed powder since yesterday, hopefully that’ll give me some more benefits.
    Echinacea would be a good one to look up – what teas do you suggest?

Just so you know, I haven’t had meat since monday, and my sinus pressure and swollen lymph glad in my neck has reduced. I can breathe better already. I will miss it though!

On my symptoms – I believe I have really bad leaky gut, and poor nutrient absorption. Since starting the diet in June, my symptoms all started to go very quickly, with a few little things coming back here + there (heartburn, acne, back pain, itchy bum…)
    But generally I have been good. I just realised after all these months I have an egg intolerance, but using swedish bitters helps A LOT.

The problem lately is increased thrush, itchy bum, bloating. I have for some reason a little post nasal drip after eating, constant thirst. But I believe it is because I started to eat more bigger meals (have started cutting back), as well as more low sugar foods meant for the diet. I guess I’m overdoing it.

I’d love a little more advice on things like leaky gut with weight loss/malabsorption and thrush prevention. If anyone has help for me on stage 2 of the diet.

I would start antifungals again, but am currently on probiotics. I know they are antagonistic.

Thanks again Catlady.

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

Your welcome.

All Yogi- Detox teas, Echinacea Support, and Skin Clearing are especially helpful for candida, but will not move lymph if there is acidosis. They will not be strong enough, but you can try (cant hurt). Double-up on the bags per cup, I did before I got my tinctures.

Your symptoms will clear up once you can eliminate what your body wants to clean.
    Your symptoms are showing me that your elimination channels are all blocked/stagnant.

My ND says I can cure my candida without *any* antifungals or probiotics, its a matter of elimination. So far, its working. Just one of a dozen ways to handle it 🙂

add: Ok…so im watching the newest vid by Dr Morse, within the first 10 minutes, all he talks about is lymph,adrenals, swollen nodes,I think it might be helpful (maybe not) but I thought it a coincidence that he began with some things you were asking about.
    He even mentioned that a show he was watching on tv compared diets of athletes (Rachel Ray?) and the high protein diet caused weight loss,not gain with added muscle loss and pre-diabetic disposition.
    Anyway, I havent even listened to all of it yet (I got as far as 10:38) but I thought I would share: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0W5lUhdwYs

TheXtremisT
    Participant

Thanks, I’ll give the video a watch.

I can only guess my weight loss was because I’ve become more active, having to walk to college everyday, taking 40 minute round trips. I think when I gave up meat and didn’t really substitute, I lost muscle mass and need a bit more protein.
    The other thing is I think by having too much bigger meals meant I was taxing my digestive system too much, and wasn’t addressing my leaky gut. Therefore I wasn’t absorbing the nutrients, causing wastage and bloating. I’ve since begun smaller meals again, but I should NOT still be losing weight on this diet with the foods I’m having. It’s been a wake up call.

Ok the other thing is I hadn’t had meat since Monday the 17th, and by Friday to Saturday, my sinus pressure had cleared a lot, didn’t get a lump in my left throat side and no hot ears. It felt great! But by yesterday (Sunday), it all came back somewhat over the course of the day.
    I’m wondering it was the chia seed powder I’ve started since Friday, 15g per the instructions. Maybe the amino acids?

I’m really stressed and confused and need help.
    I’m going to have to consult a ND here in London, which I’m dreading, need a good one.

I’ll start some nettle leaf tea because it seemed good back in October, and I’ve heard all the great things about it.

Any advice would be much appreciated from anyone.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You need to increase the surface area of your gut bacteria in order for you to absorb more food. When you have leaky gut, you have holes in your intestinal walls. When this occurs you don’t absorb nutrients like catlady said. In order to heal the intestines, you need to improve digestion and use a variety of supplements to heal it. One supplement that is both popular in weight gain and healing your intestines is L-glutamine. Another one worth noting is SF722 which slowly destroys the candida walls. Then there are digestive aids such as digestive enzymes (helps repair lining and break down food), HCL (helps for those who are deficient in stomach acid break down food), etc.

Then there are a variety of prebiotic and probiotic sources of foods that help nurture these bacteria…examples include teff, artichoke, onions, kefir, buckwheat, etc.

http://thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst2150_Leaky-Gut-Treatment–help-please.aspx

If you were to do smoothies, this should give your digestion a break while helping build up your beneficial flora.

Your lymphs also will benefit from sf722 because it will prevent candida from attaching to your mucousal membranes which is basically your lymph system.

-raster

TheXtremisT
    Participant

Thanks for the advice Raster, but I’m already doing some of those things.

– I’ve been having probiotics (30billion x1 a day) since mid-October to great effect.
    – I had stopped taking so many SF722 capsules, since like November. I reduced them from the max daily dosage to a maintenance dose of 4 a day. Was working fine.
    – Glutamine I have lots of packets ready to use, but reluctant because of thir benefit to the candida which I have heard from Dvjorge. Would love to try them though
    – I have been on Betaine HCL after every meal for months. I have been having swedish bitters with every meal that contains eggs, if not I get tummy troubles the next day.

So for an update:
    – Started nettle leaf tea since 28/03. Feeling about 20% better already
    – Gave up greek yoghurt since 26/03. Seen no benefit other than slightly less sinus pressure and mucus production
    – Upped SF722 from 4 to 6 per day. Getting less post nasal drip after meals.
    – Eating smaller meals to help nutrient absorption. I used to do this for the first few months on the diet until November. Back then, just like now, it is making me more constipated because the lack of larger meals means no bulk to push through, and it just dries me out. Even with lots of water. I’m even noticing fermentation setting in, with more gas. I cannot go back to this whilst at University. I need help.
    – Reduced my sugar intake from the biscuits I made (using gound almonds), no yoghurt, smaller meals with less natural sugars (nothing illegal other than the two above). Still have severe thrush and annoying anal itching.

It is such a balancing act. I just don’t know what to do (more supplements, eliminating foods…). It may have been that I weakened my immune system by going back to the gym.

I need to address the constipation though.

Hoping to remain steady until I graduate in June. I’ve been treating myself since the start, was feeling great from end Jan-start March. I am going to have to see a naturopath here in London, because I don’t have anywhere else to turn to.

Any suggestions I’d much appreciate.
    Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Sinus pressure, lymph congestion from meat?’ is closed to new replies.