Sinus pressure, die-off or reaction?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Sinus pressure, die-off or reaction?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  orka1998 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

I’ve been experiencing sinus pressure, not to much, more like when you press your fingers on your sinuses. I’ve been wondering if this is reaction to foods or a die-off. Anyone else experienced this throughout treatment?

If it’s a reaction I wanted to be careful. I introduced Greek yoghurt recently and had no other reactions to it, but I noticed this sinus pressure that comes and goes during the day. Not really connecting to meal time though or perhaps I am unable to trace it properly.

Appreciating any input or comments!

Arijana

bighopes
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 24

Hi there again,
    I have had sinus pressure throughout – it feels like a pressure – not a pain but a definite pressure – usually more on one side than the other. It is sometimes accompanied by a slight swell in the area just above my cheekbone. This has been one of my biggest symptoms – and I would say it is part of the whole yeast infection. It is generally down to a fungal infection and or allergic reaction. For me it seems to also flare up in either hot or cold environments and sometimes I can feel it when Im stressed !!!! My doctor says that it seems to be a weakness for me that is now reacting as part of this whole infestation. I have had it for the most part since this whole thing began for me in October but Im starting to notice it come and go more often now which is giving my some encouragement. Its a weird one – I wouldn’t say its die off but then again if you haven’t had it till now – maybe it is the next layer of die off for you. Hopefully so – either way if you notice something seems to cause it to flare – you might need to slow it down !! Hope this info helps.
    P.

orka1998
    Participant

bighopes wrote: Hi there again,
    I have had sinus pressure throughout – it feels like a pressure – not a pain but a definite pressure – usually more on one side than the other. It is sometimes accompanied by a slight swell in the area just above my cheekbone. This has been one of my biggest symptoms – and I would say it is part of the whole yeast infection. It is generally down to a fungal infection and or allergic reaction. For me it seems to also flare up in either hot or cold environments and sometimes I can feel it when Im stressed !!!! My doctor says that it seems to be a weakness for me that is now reacting as part of this whole infestation. I have had it for the most part since this whole thing began for me in October but Im starting to notice it come and go more often now which is giving my some encouragement. Its a weird one – I wouldn’t say its die off but then again if you haven’t had it till now – maybe it is the next layer of die off for you. Hopefully so – either way if you notice something seems to cause it to flare – you might need to slow it down !! Hope this info helps.
    P.

Hi bighopes and thank you for your response.

One of my symptoms before treatment was that my sinuses were so tight, I could barely bread and I think i had a lot of drainage from the nose which caused morning cough. Since on the diet that all subsided and rarely now my sinuses feel that tight, mostly during die-off. This was a bit different but since I do believe sinuses are part of my candida problem, perhaps it’s just part of the healing process. And I did notice the pressure sometimes being triggered by stress, like being upset because my daughter will not swallow her food for two hours 🙂

I get confused a bit now as I started taking molybdenum which eases die-off so I get confused with remaining symptoms. Before I knew it when I was in pain and suffering, no mistake that was die-off, but now I don’t have muscle/joint pain or dizziness or other symptoms I knew. Was worried I was eating something I was not supposed to.

Thanks again!

Arijna

Hy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 59

Arijana, I’ve had this since before I started treatment and it comes and goes for me, which is why I’ve chalked it up to being part of having candida. I think this is my lingering candida symptom telling me that it’s still here and to be diligent with my diet, antifungals and probiotics. My ears feel clogged, too. I know this doesn’t totally answer your question but sometimes it’s nice to know you aren’t alone with that symptom!

orka1998
    Participant

Hy wrote: Arijana, I’ve had this since before I started treatment and it comes and goes for me, which is why I’ve chalked it up to being part of having candida. I think this is my lingering candida symptom telling me that it’s still here and to be diligent with my diet, antifungals and probiotics. My ears feel clogged, too. I know this doesn’t totally answer your question but sometimes it’s nice to know you aren’t alone with that symptom!

Hello Hy,

I think I had it before too, but back then my whole head was strange as I was suffering from vertigo (which I can happily say I don’t have any more, just occasional light-headiness which I write off as die-off) and pressure in the back of my head and in ears with like waterfall noise which is pretty much constant. I still have the noise, other stuff mostly cleared, just this weird feeling in my sinuses. I cannot say it hurts, just like someone is holding a finger on each one. More annoying than anything.

Thanks for sharing. It does make me feel better knowing someone else is experiencing the same thing. I’m pretty sure it’s candida related, but just not sure in which way.

Best of luck to you!

Arijana

Javizy
    Replies: 945

I suffered from sinus problems before starting the diet. I always carried tissue and kept some near my pillow, and I’d usually wake up breathing through my mouth with a dry throat. I could rarely breath smoothly through my nose at all.

After a while on the diet I actually started to take nasal breathing for granted and I think I was doing it most of the time while sleeping too. Dripping during eating sometimes was still a problem though.

I added yoghurt about 2 weeks ago and it’s pretty much undone all of the above and more. I even ended up with blood when I blew my nose. I’m taking dairy out of my diet from today, so I’ll see how it improves. I’m guessing it’s some sort of food sensitivity thing.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

One possibility is that candida is attaching itself to your mucousal membranes. I would consider taking SF722 undecenoic acid which is a great long term antifungal which prevents candida from attaching to the mucousal membrane. I would expect that your sinuses would improve after starting to take this. Keep in mind that it will cause die-off.

-raster

Hy
    Replies: 59

raster wrote: One possibility is that candida is attaching itself to your mucousal membranes. I would consider taking SF722 undecenoic acid which is a great long term antifungal which prevents candida from attaching to the mucousal membrane. I would expect that your sinuses would improve after starting to take this. Keep in mind that it will cause die-off.

-raster

Raster, does this brand look ok? I’m SO ready to get rid of the sinus part!

http://www.thorne.com/Products/Gastrointestinal-Health/General_GI_Support/prd~SF722.jsp

Thanks so much for your time. 🙂

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

This is the one Hy…I highly recommend it.

-raster

orka1998
    Participant

Javizy wrote: I suffered from sinus problems before starting the diet. I always carried tissue and kept some near my pillow, and I’d usually wake up breathing through my mouth with a dry throat. I could rarely breath smoothly through my nose at all.

After a while on the diet I actually started to take nasal breathing for granted and I think I was doing it most of the time while sleeping too. Dripping during eating sometimes was still a problem though.

I added yoghurt about 2 weeks ago and it’s pretty much undone all of the above and more. I even ended up with blood when I blew my nose. I’m taking dairy out of my diet from today, so I’ll see how it improves. I’m guessing it’s some sort of food sensitivity thing.

I added yoghurt a week ago as well. I am taking a break from it now to see if that’s the culprit.

Thanks much for your response!

Arijana

orka1998
    Participant

raster wrote: One possibility is that candida is attaching itself to your mucousal membranes. I would consider taking SF722 undecenoic acid which is a great long term antifungal which prevents candida from attaching to the mucousal membrane. I would expect that your sinuses would improve after starting to take this. Keep in mind that it will cause die-off.

-raster

Ohhh, like I needed those awful fungus to attach on top of other troubles! I am careful with antifungals at the moment but am having SF722 in mind. As soon as I stop battling die-off I am starting on that. I already decided to order tons of stuff after next paycheck, and this was on the list of things I want. In any case, the more I order the better as the shipping charge doesn’t change that much. I have about a month of molybdenum left so I must order soon but money is the key ingredient here 🙂

As always, grateful for your response!

Arijana

Cheesey
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

orka1998;15523 wrote:

One possibility is that candida is attaching itself to your mucousal membranes. I would consider taking SF722 undecenoic acid which is a great long term antifungal which prevents candida from attaching to the mucousal membrane. I would expect that your sinuses would improve after starting to take this. Keep in mind that it will cause die-off.

-raster

Ohhh, like I needed those awful fungus to attach on top of other troubles! I am careful with antifungals at the moment but am having SF722 in mind. As soon as I stop battling die-off I am starting on that. I already decided to order tons of stuff after next paycheck, and this was on the list of things I want. In any case, the more I order the better as the shipping charge doesn’t change that much. I have about a month of molybdenum left so I must order soon but money is the key ingredient here 🙂

Arijana

Did you ultimately find relief, Arijana? My sinuses are flaring up right now and its causing a lot of pressure (especially when lying down or walking), dizziness and drowsiness (i think this is due to the sinuses).

orka1998
    Participant

Cheesey;38040 wrote:

-raster

Arijana

Did you ultimately find relief, Arijana? My sinuses are flaring up right now and its causing a lot of pressure (especially when lying down or walking), dizziness and drowsiness (i think this is due to the sinuses).

I breathe very well now. There are odd days that after a meal my sinuses would feel a bit stuffy, I clean my nose and all is well again. It’s winter time so it could be other factors contributing to it as well, like heating, cold weather etc. I also had a nasty cold bug. Whoever got it ended up with pneumonia, sinus infection or bronchitis. I ended up with sinus infection (no wonder as my nose was running month and a half non-stop!). I managed to fight it off without antibiotics. Now I need to clear it out of my lungs, and am almost done with that.

It takes time I guess. It bugged me for a long while. Last summer it started to fade away and one day I just notice it was gone.

Hope this helps.

Arijana

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Sinus pressure, die-off or reaction?’ is closed to new replies.