Simple Questins and I can't find the answers.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Simple Questins and I can't find the answers.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Cooking 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Cooking
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 4

Hi, My clue to having candida overgrowth is chronic diareah and brain fog – plus, I just don’t feel like dealing with daily tasks. It is a result of taking antibiotics for 3 weeks in Mar/Apr (dental work) and a series of predisone in Jan. (allergies) – 2012. Just confirms, if you want to get sick – go to a Doctor.

I have been in good health and am not a carb junkie, a glass of wine w/dinner at night and otherwise stevia – desserts occasionally. Have my own organic garden so many veggies – protein 1 or 2 X week ahi tuna or chicken. Lots of water.

1. How do I know if my symptoms are passed if I am on a strict diet of the vegetables that I put in a blender? It precludes having diareah – I don’t have a b.m, at all. The only other symptom is brain fog and that comes & goes w/energy level.

2. What is the problem with including antifungals in my strict diet plan – like garlic, coconut oil & caprylic acid – now rather than waiting for stage 2.

3. I’m experiencing stomach aches, nausea & headaches but I’m also in ketosis and those are also the result of cutting carbs.

4. Why does it take so long to get over this? It seems to me once one gets their yeast/bacteria/ph in balance you are well again yet I read so many times how people have been struggling with this for years?

I feel these are simple questions but haven’t found the answers after much research on the web. Lying in bed brings many questions to mind and I appreciate this forum where we can get saliant, straightforward answers.

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Cooking wrote: Hi, My clue to having candida overgrowth is chronic diareah and brain fog – plus, I just don’t feel like dealing with daily tasks. It is a result of taking antibiotics for 3 weeks in Mar/Apr (dental work) and a series of predisone in Jan. (allergies) – 2012. Just confirms, if you want to get sick – go to a Doctor.

I have been in good health and am not a carb junkie, a glass of wine w/dinner at night and otherwise stevia – desserts occasionally. Have my own organic garden so many veggies – protein 1 or 2 X week ahi tuna or chicken. Lots of water.

1. How do I know if my symptoms are passed if I am on a strict diet of the vegetables that I put in a blender? It precludes having diareah – I don’t have a b.m, at all. The only other symptom is brain fog and that comes & goes w/energy level.

2. What is the problem with including antifungals in my strict diet plan – like garlic, coconut oil & caprylic acid – now rather than waiting for stage 2.

3. I’m experiencing stomach aches, nausea & headaches but I’m also in ketosis and those are also the result of cutting carbs.

4. Why does it take so long to get over this? It seems to me once one gets their yeast/bacteria/ph in balance you are well again yet I read so many times how people have been struggling with this for years?

I feel these are simple questions but haven’t found the answers after much research on the web. Lying in bed brings many questions to mind and I appreciate this forum where we can get saliant, straightforward answers.

Hi mate,
    how do you know you have candida? You might but you might not. Diarrhoea and brain fog are too typical signs for bacterial overgrowth. Only the unbalance of new bacteria in your guts after a antibiotic cure is enough to that you have these symptoms you are talking about. Check on the net about SIBO and you will see that it has the same sympthoms.

The only way to find out is that you experiment. I did this after feeling worse and worse in the diet. I then found out that eating low fibre stopped my diarrhoea in only 3 days. After the diarrhoea stopped my malnutrition stopped and many many aliments I thought would have been die-off stopped too. Today I feel 60 to 80 percent better and better. If you only have wind, stomach pain and diarrhoea I would not assume straight away you have candida.

You too can suffer from IBS. Why not to assume that too. It has the same symptoms too. The trouble is that if you assume that you have candida and go on the strict diet with high fibre and low carbs you cant get better if you have IBS or SIBO.

If you want to continue fighting candida that is your choice but set yourself a time and say to yourself. If I feel worse and worse with the symptoms and if the die-off doesnt stop after 8 weeks I am trying the SIBO diet for a test for two weeks and if that doesnt work I try the IBS diet for 3 weeks.
    Or get a check up from the Lap checking on Candida.

Dont fight a ghost and wonder if you dont get better.

all the best to you
    Thomas

Cooking

Thank you. I started w/IBS and SIBO and have been on diet with Probiotics for well over a month with worsening symptoms. Finally, when my dirreah was so bad I couldn’t eat – I began researching again and came up w/Candida which fit more succintly because of the predisone and antibiotic overuse in the first part of the year.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Cooking.

Why does it take so long to get over this? It seems to me once one gets their yeast/bacteria/ph in balance you are well again yet I read so many times how people have been struggling with this for years?

Because the infestation is much more difficult to cure than most people realize, and there are specific ways to destroy the Candida cells. For example, antifungals will destroy some of the Candida, but until you change the environment of the intestines, you will not cure the infestation completely and they will continue to reestablish their strong hold on the body until the environment is no longer beneficial for their growth.

The truth is, it takes a long time to get the yeast/bacteria/ph in balance.

Read the post below for more information.

The Protocol

Able

Latka
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 128

why it takes so long to get over this? or why some people suffer for years with this? This is just a hunch but something I at least need to consider: It seems to me that there is some greater imbalance or life style factor always at the root of getting Candida. Sure taking antibiotics will destroy the natural flora in the gut, but I still believe that there were other factors contributing to the weakening of the immune system that made the overgrowth possible. For me it was the accumulative stress from finishing my masters, having jaw infection and being on antibiotics, having a part time job I hated, running a project that was draining me, being constantly on the run and skipping meals etc.

And that is probably why some people aren’t getting better no matter what. Because there is something that they haven’t changed about their life, or their stress responses, or their ways of relating to themselves. There is an imbalance that makes the perfect environment for illnesses and things like candida overgrowth to thrive in.
    I can keep taking all these supplements, antifungals etc. but if I dont change my life so that it is less stressful and more balanced, it’s like just putting a band aid on that offers a temporary relief. Even if I do get better but then go straight back into my dysfucntional habits and life style, it will only keep coming back.

As much as it sucks to have this, I have realised that this is a life lesson for me to learn to take better care of myself.

Latka
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 128

btw, can I quote you on this: “if you want to get sick, go to a doctor!”

Priceless 🙂

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Cooking wrote: Just confirms, if you want to get sick – go to a Doctor.

Wiser words are hard to come by.

I have a friend who happens to be a nurse. Whenever anyone mentions a doctor visit, she chimes in with; “Yes by all means; after all it’s the quickest way to end up on a stone slab.”

Cooking

HA! My S/O is a retired lawyer and I have friends that are Doctors and Pharmacists so I have lots of joke material! By all means, use the phrase.

Intuitively I firmly believed from it’s beginning that this malady had it’s roots in stress. Being home for the cleanse I have time to identify them and consider prudent ways to handle. To prove to myself that I was going to do that, I put my restaurant up for sale. That is the most stressful business I have ever been in – love the biz, my trade (chef) and the people, but it’s not worth the stress.

I joined the forum because I appreciated the Protocal by Able & Raskin and the fact that others have contributed seemingly wise advice for the stages of healing.

Still, I have questions. To start,why do we not add anti-fungal supplements to the cleanse? I did and I’m wondering if I should get off of them. ( I hadn’t found this forum at the time.)

Cooking

RASTER – sorry, guess I was thinking about little Rascals. SZP

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Simple Questins and I can't find the answers.’ is closed to new replies.