- August 29, 2013 at 4:42 am #109724
SueSullivanMemberTopics: 18Replies: 108
I took this recipe, added some garlic powder, rolled it out between two sheets of parchment paper and baked it for 15-20 mins (because I didn’t get the dough as thin as I should have). Yummy crackers at the edge, a bit underdone still in the middle but I’m going to try again.
2 cups buckwheat flour
1/4 cup oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup water
1. Mix the buckwheat flour with the oil and salt and half the water.
2. Add more water bit by bit until you have a good, uniform, non sticky dough to work with. Add extra water or flour as necessary.
3. Divide the dough in half, and roll out each part of the dough on one sheet of parchment paper. Roll as thinly as you can manage.
4. If using flavorings or toppings like sesame seeds, sprinkle them on, and then press them into the dough with the rolling pin.
5. Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough into squares or rectangles.
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes at 350 or until browning and crispy. Be careful not to over bake or they will burn.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.