Sick of bloating

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Sick of bloating

This topic contains 24 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  moochpb 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

I ve been on the diet for over two months, I eat eggs, meats, veggies, some coconut cake and yogurt. That’s it. I take enzymes which have sorbitol and mannitol so I see they feed yeast and bacteria overgrowth. I just received bitters today. I also take hcl. I’ve been on antifungals for a month and a half but am still bloated. I just wonder if i should get a colonoscopy?, I already had upper scope and found a small hiata hernia which said wouldn’t cause nothing. Or is it normal to be bloated after eating with a yeast and bacteria overgrowth. My dr said in 2 to 4 weeks my bloating would be better with the antifungals. Well it’s been 3 weeks on the new fungals and still bloated. So is it normal?? Thanks

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Yup its quite normal from my experience…took me a year and half on the diet to get it to low levels. It only improves as your digestion improves; be sure to chew your food plenty (30+ times per bite).

-raster

moochpb

Wow a year for your bloating to get better? That makes me feel a little better though. This yeast and bacteria really is a beast and a bitch. I hate being depressed about it

raster
    Participant

I would consider trying out juniper berry extract or homeopathic which greatly reduces it. Also, there is a homeopathic called homeodel 10 which does this as well. I think the juniper works better and it has a ton of other health properties as well:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst3012_Possible-alternative-to-molybdenum–Juniper-Berry-Extract

-raster

moochpb

Ok thanks raster

fixme
    Participant
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 101

Do you get more bloated after you start drinking water? That’s what happens to me

moochpb

Idk. I’m bloated all the time, it could be

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

You also really might want to try eating less meat, more cooked veggies.

moochpb

I’d lose even more weight. I need my ground turkey and hormone free chicken. But I might try a veggie week only and see what happens.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

moochpb;34320 wrote: My dr said in 2 to 4 weeks my bloating would be better with the antifungals. Well it’s been 3 weeks on the new fungals and still bloated. So is it normal??

Antifungals can’t do a thing for bloating, don’t know where your doctor got that.
    The bitters may help, they usually do. What type of probiotics and how many billions are you taking a day, and are you drinking kefir? These can help indigestion in general including bloating after a period of time.

Able

moochpb

I take 40 billion of probiotics, I know acidophilus, and a bunch of strains with l starting with them lol, I’m not home I can’t check. I was taking vsl I believe which is like 200 billion count. She was saying the antifungals will help kill the bacteria and yeast helping the bloating. I just ran out of kefir and i take yogurt once a day. I take enzymes but have mannitol or some sugar in then. My bitters are supposed to arrive today. I have been bloated since aug 28. Treatment has been about two months. So it could be normal to bloat?

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

Yeah – you can also do a couple organic eggs a day for protein, and oat bran and buckwheat are pretty high in it. And if you have to have meat, you know, just a couple times a week is probably more reasonable.

Like the thing is with all this and the bloating and stuff, your digestive system got all fucked up from how you treated it before, right? What you did wasn’t working, so you have to change to this new way of eating now, right? So as you ease into it, you’re basically hitting the reset button on your whole GI tract, which is kind of scrambling everything around as this thing dies, that thing repopulates, new foods come in, old foods leave…it’s chaotic for those poor intestines of yours!! and since they’re coming from a pretty damaged place (assuming, based on what you’ve said of your old diet), that means they are gonna take awhile to adjust, and bloating and weird poop issues and all that is just part of that process. So that’s why it’s so important to be gentle now, eat a lot of nourishing and easy-to-digest foods, and just be nice to our bellies. They are working really hard for us.

(I’ve basically had to mentally separate my GI bits as a separate entity from myself and anthropomorphize them in order to “make friends”, so to speak, and it has really helped me feel less angry and more compassionate towards what’s happening inside my body right now, even when it’s doing all kinds of dumb shit, like losing weight I feel like I shouldn’t lose, farting uncontrollably, and giving me stomachaches, LOL :P)

Also, sometimes going for a walk helps me when I’m bloated, especially if I do some silly sort of mantra in my head like, “take a step, gas goes out, take a step, gas goes out.” Sounds SOOOO ridiculous, I KNOW, but I swear to god mind over matter works sometimes, esp. when you are desperate, LOL

moochpb

I don’t even feel bloated but it looks pretty bad under my belly button how it extends out especially being so skinny. Its just so damn frustrating, I want it gone

raster
    Participant

Everything listed in the constipation remedies post should reduce the symptoms, one of these includes taking fiber (which promotes digestion). You simply just need to improve your digestion to 2-3 bm’s a day or so and then it’ll be back to normal. This took a long time for me.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1098_Constipation-Remedies.aspx

-raster

moochpb

sad thing is I do have 2 to 3 bm a day, then one week I only have one. Its just gonna take time and patience I guess.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Sick of bloating’ is closed to new replies.