Sick newbie here

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Sick newbie here

This topic contains 24 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  TheChosenOne 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #113263

    pomacanthus
    Member
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 15

    I’m tired of being sick so here Iam offering a brief history because I plan on hanging out here until I beat this awful bug.

    Diagnosed by my allergist 10-13 with bloodwork and skin test. This was after my gastro said you have IBS here take this Nortriptyline 25mg you will feel better – short version I found this solution totally unacceptable (band aid). I had already been sick for a year before i got to the gastro.

    So I took my Diflucan, wiped out the sugar and felt amazing, so good after 3 months of no sugar I decided an apple fritter couldn’t hurt, from there it was a gradual decline back into sugar because symptoms were mostly gone – I was cured. WRONG

    Last month retested at 42.2 mgA/l or class IV (very strong). He said I was 25% higher than in 10/13

    Started Diflucan again 3 days ago, massive die off, really sick like I have the flu. Added Moly today after reading this awesome site (Thank you)
    Also drinking my water laced with Grape Seed Extract my sister also diagnosed had her poo tested and the homeopath said specially Grape Seed Extract would kill her Candida. As a former supplement junkie I had a large jar of high grade extract so I started using it, originally purchased for liver detox.

    What Im doing right now:

    Difulcan + GSE
    Limiting sugar to under 40G per day
    Nightly epsom salt bath for detox
    +moly starting tomorrow
    Juicing a lot of leafy greens as shakes
    Organic and non GMO produce only
    Non antibiotic meats (locally raised)

    So sick I can’t stand it anymore. The upside is last time I did this after 3 months no sugar my wife was telling me how amazing I looked 🙂 was pretty incredible how that mystery layer disappeared and I toned up without ever hitting the gym (not that I recommend that) lol

    Let the battle begin! I refuse to be defeated by this nasty bug. Willingness to do whatever it takes to win so I will be reading a lot here and thanks in advance for all your contributions. I will admit I have lost a lot of faith in conventional medicine as it were, lean holistic but Difulcan course was urgent because Im so sick its affecting my whole life. If I can regain control of this nasty bug I will go holistic treatment from here out.

    Do I have a question? Why yes I do. Dr prescribed Nystatin to follow Dyflucan course….pros? cons? ideas? Im open.

    Thanks Pomacanthus

    #113265

    TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

    Besides molybdenum, you should also take milk thistle extract for supporting your liver (can cause an allergic reaction, so be careful).
    GSE should not be taken longer than 2 weeks, since it destroys the probiotic bacteria in your bowels which you need so much.
    What kind of meats do you eat?
    Do you take probiotics (pill form/kefir)?
    Do you take other antifungals, besides diflucan? Natural whole food antifungals are much more effective.

    #113285

    pomacanthus
    Member
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 15

    Good to know on the GSE thank you.
    I eat beef/chicken/pork. I love fish and sushi is weekly.
    I take Thropps Elite Zyme Pro – have for years I also take
    Thropps prebiotic called Innulation powder (Chicory root)

    *No other antifungals I need to more time to research diet
    I have printed out the list of safe foods but need a crash course on whole food antifungals

    My tentative plan is juicing lots of kale/spinach I just received a Blendtec blender
    yesterday and Im excited! blending has become a joy instead of a chore.
    I did an all green smoothie yesterday and it was the best my gut has felt
    in a very long time, wasn’t crazy about the taste (pure green) but finally
    my stomach didn’t hurt for a few hours

    #113286

    pomacanthus
    Member
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 15

    Also I LOVE blueberry organic Kefir from Whole Foods but it does have a lot of sugar
    I formed my own goal of keeping sugar under 40G per day last round
    This is difficult because you can get that much out of things you wouldn’t even expect so my question is

    Do the probiotic benefits of Kefir outweigh the cons of the high sugar?
    I am assuming they must, maybe Kefir will be my new sugar treat

    #113289

    TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

    Kefir shouldn’t contain sugar because it is fermented. Home made kefir is preferred.
    Do not eat beef or pork in the beginning of your diet. You body makes ammonia during the digestion of meat which is very bad for your ph balance. Pork takes up to 24h to process, while fish and chicken just a few hours or even less. The same thing with beef, but that is a bit less bad.
    Also be careful with fatty fish. It can contain a lot of mercury. Try to avoid it. (Search for “mercury” and you’ll know why.) Organic fish may be eaten as much as you like.
    Antifungals: caprylic acid, oregano oil, red thyme (can cause allergic reaction, so be careful, this is strong stuff), GSE (2 weeks max), olive leaf extract, sf722.
    Whole food antifungals: olives/extra virgin olive oil, extra virgin coconut oil, brussels sprouts.
    Do not take all these antifungals at once. Do them one by one and figure out which ones work. Then rotate with the antifungals that work for you. Whole food antifungals may be taken throughout the treatment. The most important antifungal is extra virgin coconut oil. Rotate the other antifungals.
    The best enzymes are swedish bitters -> take a bit before every meal.

    Edit: The kefir you drink contains cane sugar and red beet juice. It also contains extra milk. Do not use this!

    #113290

    candida_sucks
    Member
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 148

    pomacanthus;51784 wrote:

    Do I have a question? Why yes I do. Dr prescribed Nystatin to follow Dyflucan course….pros? cons? ideas? Im open.

    Thanks Pomacanthus

    Nystatin is a great anti-fungal that has been used to successfully treat candidiasis for decades. It is non-toxic because it is not absorbed into the bloodstream. The non-absorption has another benefit in that it allows the drug to make it all the way to the colon, where most of the candida resides. In general, natural anti-fungals will get broken down in the small intestine, and will not reach the colon at full strength.

    #113337

    Akasha
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 18

    As for the Nistatin vs organic natural anti-fungals – I’m having the same confusion – should I go for prescription medication, since the all natural approach may take up to a year (if I understood right)?

    Or let me pose the question like this: what is the average healing time by diet and natural supplements & antifungals, and what is the average healing time for the ones who take synthesis antifungals like nistatin and diflucan. Does anyone know if this has been approached before on the board?
    Also, what are the risks in choosing a treatment with Diflucan / Nistatin? Are there any side effects that you guys who tried them dealt with?

    I know one of the most common is developing tolerance. I’ve been prescribed Nistatin to take along with my last antibiotics treatment last year (post surgery, couldn’t help it). Then I kept popping it now and then, when I felt I’m on the verge of a really overgrowth in times of stress and sugary diet.

    Also, is it safe to rotate antidfungals?
    Someone here said (don’t remember where) that it might only cause the candida to develop a tolerance and come back even stronger and not reacting to it anymore.

    Thank you for the thought on GSE no more than 2 weeks – I took it for 2 weeks, 20 drops 98% concentrate thrice a day, along with probiotics (or 1h distance because I read gse can affect the probiotics). Is it ok to take them like this?

    As far as sugar is concerned, I think giving it up is easier than limiting – even though it was 10 times easier for me to quit smoking than quitting sugar. Day 4 no sugar right now and almost at my wits end already. It’s very inspiring though to read about people who have been this long on the diet. Such heroes.

    Best,
    A
    <3

    #113339

    dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

    pomacanthus;51784 wrote: I’m tired of being sick so here Iam offering a brief history because I plan on hanging out here until I beat this awful bug.

    Diagnosed by my allergist 10-13 with bloodwork and skin test. This was after my gastro said you have IBS here take this Nortriptyline 25mg you will feel better – short version I found this solution totally unacceptable (band aid). I had already been sick for a year before i got to the gastro.

    So I took my Diflucan, wiped out the sugar and felt amazing, so good after 3 months of no sugar I decided an apple fritter couldn’t hurt, from there it was a gradual decline back into sugar because symptoms were mostly gone – I was cured. WRONG

    Last month retested at 42.2 mgA/l or class IV (very strong). He said I was 25% higher than in 10/13

    Started Diflucan again 3 days ago, massive die off, really sick like I have the flu. Added Moly today after reading this awesome site (Thank you)
    Also drinking my water laced with Grape Seed Extract my sister also diagnosed had her poo tested and the homeopath said specially Grape Seed Extract would kill her Candida. As a former supplement junkie I had a large jar of high grade extract so I started using it, originally purchased for liver detox.

    What Im doing right now:

    Difulcan + GSE
    Limiting sugar to under 40G per day
    Nightly epsom salt bath for detox
    +moly starting tomorrow
    Juicing a lot of leafy greens as shakes
    Organic and non GMO produce only
    Non antibiotic meats (locally raised)

    So sick I can’t stand it anymore. The upside is last time I did this after 3 months no sugar my wife was telling me how amazing I looked 🙂 was pretty incredible how that mystery layer disappeared and I toned up without ever hitting the gym (not that I recommend that) lol

    Let the battle begin! I refuse to be defeated by this nasty bug. Willingness to do whatever it takes to win so I will be reading a lot here and thanks in advance for all your contributions. I will admit I have lost a lot of faith in conventional medicine as it were, lean holistic but Difulcan course was urgent because Im so sick its affecting my whole life. If I can regain control of this nasty bug I will go holistic treatment from here out.

    Do I have a question? Why yes I do. Dr prescribed Nystatin to follow Dyflucan course….pros? cons? ideas? Im open.

    Thanks Pomacanthus

    Let see if I can help you a little.

    Nystatin should be first than Diflucan. Nystatin Refrigerated powder or tablets. Combine it with Coconut Oil. Don’t take GSE. One Tbsp of Virgin Coconut Oil contains 7000 mg of Lauric Acid, 1075 mg of Caprylic Acid, and 894 mg of Capric Acid. These medium chain fatty acids have antifungal properties, specially Lauric Acid.

    Don’t take Diflucan.

    I have reasons to tell you don’t take GSE and Diflucan, but I really don’t have time to explain you why. I think you will do very well with my advice. There are many things we can do to battle an intestinal candidiasis even when the enemy is powerful.

    Good Luck,

    Jorge.

    #113340

    dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

    pomacanthus;51807 wrote: Also I LOVE blueberry organic Kefir from Whole Foods but it does have a lot of sugar
    I formed my own goal of keeping sugar under 40G per day last round
    This is difficult because you can get that much out of things you wouldn’t even expect so my question is

    Do the probiotic benefits of Kefir outweigh the cons of the high sugar?
    I am assuming they must, maybe Kefir will be my new sugar treat

    Kefir is good one time you be better. Kefir has alcohol, lactose, yeast, and casein.

    Jorge.

    #113341

    TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

    Akasha;51858 wrote: As for the Nistatin vs organic natural anti-fungals – I’m having the same confusion – should I go for prescription medication, since the all natural approach may take up to a year (if I understood right)?

    Or let me pose the question like this: what is the average healing time by diet and natural supplements & antifungals, and what is the average healing time for the ones who take synthesis antifungals like nistatin and diflucan. Does anyone know if this has been approached before on the board?
    Also, what are the risks in choosing a treatment with Diflucan / Nistatin? Are there any side effects that you guys who tried them dealt with?

    Nystatin is toxic for the liver, but very safe once it comes in the gut.
    Another drug you might consider are azoles, like Fluconazole. I used it in the beginning, but it didn’t do anything. Everyone is different, so it might work with you.
    Whole food antifungals are, in general, much better than Rx antifungals. Personally, I woundn’t use any Rx antifungal, unless maybe Nystatin, since it is kind of proven safe. Most people seem to make some progress with it.

    The best whole food antifungal is Extra Virgin Coconut Oil. Make sure you take this!

    Akasha;51858 wrote: Also, is it safe to rotate antidfungals?
    Someone here said (don’t remember where) that it might only cause the candida to develop a tolerance and come back even stronger and not reacting to it anymore.

    Yes, if you know which ones work. Make sure you take at least one antifungal that works for you. Rotate the others.

    Akasha;51858 wrote: Thank you for the thought on GSE no more than 2 weeks – I took it for 2 weeks, 20 drops 98% concentrate thrice a day, along with probiotics (or 1h distance because I read gse can affect the probiotics). Is it ok to take them like this?

    I took GSE myself for two weeks and it didn’t do much. There are much other antifungals to choose from.

    Akasha;51858 wrote: As far as sugar is concerned, I think giving it up is easier than limiting – even though it was 10 times easier for me to quit smoking than quitting sugar. Day 4 no sugar right now and almost at my wits end already. It’s very inspiring though to read about people who have been this long on the diet. Such heroes.

    That’s true. Sugar is considered as addictive as cocaine. “Kicking off” took me about two weeks. After that, most cravings were gone.

    #113351

    dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

    Akasha;51858 wrote: As for the Nistatin vs organic natural anti-fungals – I’m having the same confusion – should I go for prescription medication, since the all natural approach may take up to a year (if I understood right)?

    Or let me pose the question like this: what is the average healing time by diet and natural supplements & antifungals, and what is the average healing time for the ones who take synthesis antifungals like nistatin and diflucan. Does anyone know if this has been approached before on the board?
    Also, what are the risks in choosing a treatment with Diflucan / Nistatin? Are there any side effects that you guys who tried them dealt with?

    I know one of the most common is developing tolerance. I’ve been prescribed Nistatin to take along with my last antibiotics treatment last year (post surgery, couldn’t help it). Then I kept popping it now and then, when I felt I’m on the verge of a really overgrowth in times of stress and sugary diet.

    Also, is it safe to rotate antidfungals?
    Someone here said (don’t remember where) that it might only cause the candida to develop a tolerance and come back even stronger and not reacting to it anymore.

    Thank you for the thought on GSE no more than 2 weeks – I took it for 2 weeks, 20 drops 98% concentrate thrice a day, along with probiotics (or 1h distance because I read gse can affect the probiotics). Is it ok to take them like this?

    As far as sugar is concerned, I think giving it up is easier than limiting – even though it was 10 times easier for me to quit smoking than quitting sugar. Day 4 no sugar right now and almost at my wits end already. It’s very inspiring though to read about people who have been this long on the diet. Such heroes.

    Best,
    A
    <3

    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst4662_Rotating-Antifungals–Why-we-SHOULDNT-do-it.aspx

    #113352

    candida_sucks
    Member
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 148

    Akasha;51858 wrote: As for the Nistatin vs organic natural anti-fungals – I’m having the same confusion – should I go for prescription medication, since the all natural approach may take up to a year (if I understood right)?

    Or let me pose the question like this: what is the average healing time by diet and natural supplements & antifungals, and what is the average healing time for the ones who take synthesis antifungals like nistatin and diflucan. Does anyone know if this has been approached before on the board?
    Also, what are the risks in choosing a treatment with Diflucan / Nistatin? Are there any side effects that you guys who tried them dealt with?

    Technically, Nystatin is a natural substance. It was isolated from the bacteria Streptomyces Noursei in 1950. It has since been used for decades, and therefore has a very long safety record. It is non-toxic because it is not absorbed into the bloodstream. If you read the books, they are full of cases of people recovering their health due to a combination of proper diet and Nystatin therapy.

    In The Yeast Syndrome, Dr. Trowbridge said that while some people can solve their yeast problem with diet alone, the majority of patients require medication.

    There is no set timetable for recovery, no matter what kind of anti-fungals you use.

    CS

    #113364

    pomacanthus
    Member
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 15

    Thanks everyone for your replies this is been very helpful and as I mentioned I’m a newbie still lots to learn

    I’m no expert but I think the timetable is different for everyone I had good success with Diflucan and diet the first time I just didn’t stick with a long enough

    #113376

    myword12345
    Member
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 55

    For me first off no sugar at all! After a lil while it wont be so bad I promise. I switch anti fungels every 2 weeks. try to stick as much as possible natural foods ext to fight it. Chicken , fish and eggs is the only meat I eat. I try to go for 75% vegetables 25% everything else. I use cultured Vegetables for enzymes and make my own keifer. I am trying to work on more exercise. Also positive thinking they say negative thoughts are just as toxic as food. I have been researching how a ph level at 7.5 and above, cancer cant survive so I figure if cancer cant nothing can. To me it was best to do things slow and steady so you dont add more stress to your body then you have to.

    #113377

    pomacanthus
    Member
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 15

    Myword that’s pretty much exactly what I’m doing!
    But what are “cultured vegetables”?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Sick newbie here’ is closed to new replies.