SIBO or Candida diet

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions SIBO or Candida diet

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Monte 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Monte
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 21

Hi,

I haven’t been on here in ages but I’m getting desperate again. Quick background: I had all the symptoms of Candida a few years ago so I went on the Candida diet. I had horrible die off at first then after almost two months I swear I started feeling better.

I went to my Dr. and was tested for it (fecal) and it came back negative so when she told me I didn’t have it I stopped the diet and we continued to try to find a cause for my horrible fatigue and aches and pains, she medicated me in every way, etc.

I finally found a new Dr. and last year I did the hydrogen breath test and was diagnosed with SIBO but negative for h-pylori. I was told to try Rifaximin (sp?) and ordered from an overseas pharmacy but found no relief. I never really bothered with a special diet except to experiment some with FODMAP and such. I was also put on prescription probiotics but don’t feel much different.

I kind of forgot about the SIBO diagnoses and have recently been drinking wine, coffee, and eating mostly carbs and crap food. I have gained 20 lbs and don’t really have gut problems but boy the fatigue, headaches, brain fog and joint pain are killing me, literally!

My question is: what are your thoughts on doing the Candida diet again since I “think” it helped two years ago or with a positive diagnosis for SIBO should I find a specific diet for it instead?

I am desperate. Literally. I can’t work and I’m sick of being sick all the time. Please help!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would do some kind of diet that addresses both at same time.  I am not sure what kind of diet that would be though and would seek professional help.  SIBO is worse than candida and is harder to recover from it, so its going to be a harder battle than what most people experience.  Some good digestive enzymes should make the SIBO go away over time, you need specific ones that will target it.

-raster

Monte
    Participant

Thank you for your response!

I have been through numerous professionals and no one can seem to help me so I’m working on this myself. I’m so confused as to what to eat but I think I am going to work on a mixture of both and see how I feel. I’ve tried some goat milk kefir but thinking maybe I should cut out all dairy and see how I feel.

raster
    Participant

If you need a professional that can treat you remotely, I know of a good one here in portland that can treat sibo.  The only unfortunate thing is its going to cost $200+ per month plus appointment costs.  He’d prescribe zymex II I believe but not sure.

-raster

Monte
    Participant

Portland … I was supposed to be there this last weekend but didn’t end up going. I’d LOVE the name and number of this professional (can it be PM’d?). I will at least check into it and may even try to fly out to Portland to see them in person the first time. I am getting desperate and depending on the length of treatment time I would consider forking out the mula.

Thank you!

raster
    Participant

email anna at [email protected] and I will reply back with info.  I’ve sent maybe 5+ forum members to him.  I’ve sent him some of the toughest forum cases and each have major problems that are harder to overcome, such as no colon, or use of steroids, etc. and so its hard to get better when you have a major issue like that, but they still found some relief.

-raster

Percyfaith
    Participant
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 58

Just one suggestion that made a difference for me with aches and pains. Mine went away with getting off Caffeine and nightshade foods (Tomato, Potato, Eggplant, Peppers and Paprika)  http://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/nightshades/   tells more about nightshades. Hope this helps – pray you get to guidance that gets you well.

Monte
    Participant

Percyfaith, thank you for your well wishes and prayers! I will check out the link you sent!

Raster, I sent an email right away to that email address the other day but I’m thinking maybe you didn’t get it. You can email the info to me at [email protected] if that is okay.

Thank you!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘SIBO or Candida diet’ is closed to new replies.