shredded coconut is bad for candida?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions shredded coconut is bad for candida?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Paleofan
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 7

I found shredded coconut in the supermarket and the only ingredient was coconut. Could I take it? Will it be beneficial for candida suffers? I as a lot of fat and fiber.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Shouldn’t really set you back much but it might be high in mold due to it being dried.

-raster

Fungaway
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 5

How is it possible for coconut oil to be an antifungal if dried coconut can have mold?

raster
    Participant

When you dry stuff it develops some mold. You could leave some out in front of a window sill and see what happens after a couple of weeks if you don’t believe me.

-raster

Fungaway
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 5

I don’t disbelieve you, I’m asking why coconut oil is an antifungal if it doesn’t stop mold. Isn’t the oil still there when the coconut is dried? Am I misunderstanding the term?

raster
    Participant

Well all foods break down and mold and coconut oil can go bad too…it’s just how life goes. All of the vitamins at the vitamin store expire eventually too (despite it being sealed) and same goes for canned food.

-raster

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘shredded coconut is bad for candida?’ is closed to new replies.