Shouldn't we be afraid of getting cholesterol levels too high by eating eggs?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Shouldn't we be afraid of getting cholesterol levels too high by eating eggs?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  TheChosenOne 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

SugarIsBad
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 28

I’d eat like up to 10 eggs a day but I’m not sure if I should be afraid of having my cholesterol levels too high.
    What do you think?
    Thanks.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would not consume this much eggs and would look for alternative foods to eat.

-raster

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

SugarIsBad;50270 wrote: I’d eat like up to 10 eggs a day but I’m not sure if I should be afraid of having my cholesterol levels too high.
    What do you think?
    Thanks.

The idea that egg yolks cause high cholesterol has been disproved A LONG time ago, egg yolks are healthy and beneficial.

But Raster is right, you shouldn’t be eating that many eggs.

SugarIsBad

Danny33;50281 wrote:

I’d eat like up to 10 eggs a day but I’m not sure if I should be afraid of having my cholesterol levels too high.
    What do you think?
    Thanks.

The idea that egg yolks cause high cholesterol has been disproved A LONG time ago, egg yolks are healthy and beneficial.

Is it OK to eat 5 eggs every single day?

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

SugarIsBad;50290 wrote:

What do you think?
    Thanks.

I’m sure its fine.

Remember only you can determine that.
    Your body will tell you if its not okay.
    Eggs are great, I myself usually eat about 3 a day.

SugarIsBad

Danny33;50292 wrote:

What do you think?
    Thanks.

I’m sure its fine.

Remember only you can determine that.
    Your body will tell you if its not okay.
    Eggs are great, I myself usually eat about 3 a day.

Alright, thanks, though the Internet is very full of information telling me that it’s already risky to even eat like 3 eggs a week and that eating eggs is like smoking.

I might start using omega-3 supplements or w/e to control my cholesterol levels just to feel safer.

candida_sucks
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 148

SugarIsBad;50293 wrote: Alright, thanks, though the Internet is very full of information telling me that it’s already risky to even eat like 3 eggs a week and that eating eggs is like smoking.

I might start using omega-3 supplements or w/e to control my cholesterol levels just to feel safer.

I eat about 5 eggs a day in the form of homemade bread. My doctor specializes in nutrition and metabolic balancing, and is fine with my egg consumption. In fact he was fine with me eating 7 eggs a day (back when I ate them through bread and also ate hard-boiled eggs). Blood tests also show that my cholesterol is fine.

Cheers

SugarIsBad

candida_sucks;50323 wrote:

Alright, thanks, though the Internet is very full of information telling me that it’s already risky to even eat like 3 eggs a week and that eating eggs is like smoking.

I eat about 5 eggs a day in the form of homemade bread. My doctor specializes in nutrition and metabolic balancing, and is fine with my egg consumption. In fact he was fine with me eating 7 eggs a day (back when I ate them through bread and also ate hard-boiled eggs). Blood tests also show that my cholesterol is fine.

Cheers

Woah, thanks. I think I won’t be so afraid of eating eggs anymore.

By the way, how long have you been eating those 5 eggs every day?

candida_sucks
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 148

SugarIsBad;50326 wrote:

Cheers

Woah, thanks. I think I won’t be so afraid of eating eggs anymore.

By the way, how long have you been eating those 5 eggs every day?

For about 21 months.

Cheers

SugarIsBad

Thanks for sharing your experience.
    That’s really convincing. I’m getting back to eating eggs for sure.

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

In the beginning of the diet, I ate 10 eggs per day. It wasn’t a problem for me at all.
    Now I’ve cut it down to 5 eggs per day and I’m going to incorporate more alternatives until I’m on 2-3 eggs.
    Not because eggs are unhealthy, but it is important to have a balanced diet. Also keep in mind that animal products (eggs, milk, meat) are acidic forming foods.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Shouldn't we be afraid of getting cholesterol levels too high by eating eggs?’ is closed to new replies.