Should I get a scope?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Should I get a scope?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Kristy 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Kristy
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 14

I cannot swallow food and have posted about this before. I have many food sensitivities and have never responded well to pharmaceuticals. I am really worried about this because of course to do the scope they will give me two sedatives, and a opiate. Even before I got sick it sent me over the edge just to take Vicodin after my oral surgery. Do you guys think this is a necessary test? I am having all kinds of food sensitivities that I never experienced before so I can only imagine what this will do to me. Have any of you had a scope to diagnose your candida or swallowing problem?

Not sure if I want to go through with this as even broccoli caused me to have two days of exacerbated symptoms.

Thanks for any help in advance,
    Kristy and Nick

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

Kristy,

I’m so sorry to hear about your swallowing problem. I would like to add that a scope will not diagnose Candida.

My personal opinion that your current doctors are doing a number on your health and that they don’t know anything about Candida or what could be wrong with you. Can you get a second opinion?

Not sure if I want to go through with this as even broccoli caused me to have two days of exacerbated symptoms.

Do you mean that your not sure if you want to go through the Candida Protocol? You sound like your in such bad shape I wonder if you have another option?

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

I also live in Illinois and I got a upper scope. They put you under in twilight, it’s a 10 min procedure. Very easy and it rules out severe things. Make them take biopsies and check for bacteria overgrowth and check for yeast intolerances. It won’t say you have candida though

wigg1ez
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 12

I had a scope and a nissen fundoplication wrap at age 17, the doctors could never figure out why I had such severe acid reflux and why the mucous lining of my esophagus become completely swollen shut. If you feel like you’ve tried every other option, start with trying to rid the candida in your body. If you have had full work ups done by multiple doctors and could not find an answer, it could be candida. Same thing happened with me, I got the run around for 10 years. Then I just happened to get a male yeast infection and they prescribed me diflucan and I was able to digest food properly the following day with no complications. Good luck!

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

I had scope done, without anesthesia (they just don’t do it here). They got biopsy of small intestine. Basically the results confirmed leaky gut (inflammation, broken barrier, possibility of food allergies and auto-immune disease etc.) but nothing on candida. They were not looking for it either just to be clear.

My dad had it done also, and they did visibly see candida in his stomach. He got prescription antifungals and that was the end of it. He always had stomach issues, and have them today as well.

Kristy
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 14

Hi thank you all for commenting, Wigg1ez I have a few questions for you. Can you tell me what your esophagus felt like when you were trying to eat? Did you get the feeling like food was stuck? I eat a mush diet because of this and I’m curious if you were doing the same thing. Did the Diflucan take care of the problem all on its own or did you have to try other things too in addition to keep the problem away? How long of a course of Diflucan were you on?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Should I get a scope?’ is closed to new replies.