should i get a colonic?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions should i get a colonic?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  el.er 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

lockie86
    Participant
    Topics: 33
    Replies: 76

Hi,

I’ve been battling a candida infestation brought on by 4 months of antibiotics, and after 4 years I’m still not much further in beating it. I can just about keep it in check through diet, but suffer with extreme die off when adding probiotics or esp antifungals, depsite using various liver supports.

I was wondering whether to try a colonic or two, but I’ve heard some horror stories about people having extreme die off symptoms after them, and as I find it esp hard to shift toxins I’m worried that this will make me super ill.

And also the risk of losing good bacteria along with the bad, not that I have much of the good stuff in there! But maybe there’s a tried and trusted method of getting good bacteria back in there?

Does anyone have any advice?

Many thanks,

Mark
    UK

Jaumeb
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 148

What are you eating?

lockie86
    Participant

I follow the diet on here and also the Erica White diet, non gluten, zero sugar, lots of organic veg, and some organic meat, etc.

My diet is not the issue it’s my problem with die off and toxicity that makes me fear trying a colonic.

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

Are you sure it’s still a Candida problem? Have you done a stool test recently?

lockie86
    Participant

Definitely a candida issue, 4 months of antibiotics, thrush everywhere externally, stool test showed no growth of good bacteria. Be great if someone could advise on colonics

Wiley200
    Participant

I’m sure a colonic could certainly help. Just one or two though, because if you do more than that your gut might get accustomed to it, and stop working itself!

Equally, a home enema kit might get a similar result without the extra cost of a colon therapist.

If you do the colonics, make sure you take lots and lots of probiotics shortly before and for a few days afterwards. Maybe some SBOs too. That’s your best chance to repopulate your gut.

Before the colonics, you might want to use some supplements to loosen the Candida biofilms. Lisa mentions nattokinase and lumbrokinase in her book. I’m just worried that they might survive the colonic too easily if they’re not weakened first.

Jaumeb
    Participant
    Replies: 148

In my experience, a meat and veggies diet does not solve the problem. I think it is better to include some buckwheat or quinoa.

lockie86
    Participant

Thanks, I eat lots of that too. Can anyone answer my actual question?

lockie86
    Participant

Thank you for help. It would be great to hear from people who’ve actually done it if anyone is out there.

Wiley200
    Participant

Thanks, I eat lots of that too. Can anyone answer my actual question?

I did try to answer your question. You’re welcome.

djnagle525
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

Have you tried Molybdenum for the die off? Molybdenum is a trace mineral that will, among other beneficial things, break down the toxins that are causing the die off so your symptoms will be lessened. try taking 400-500mg daily. I’ve had some success with it myself.

texan
    Participant
    Replies: 40

Have you tried Molybdenum for the die off? Molybdenum is a trace mineral that will, among other beneficial things, break down the toxins that are causing the die off so your symptoms will be lessened. try taking 400-500mg daily. I’ve had some success with it myself.

Yes! molybdenum is an awesome choice for preventing/relieving Die-Off. Molybdenum, milk thistle, maybe a toxin binder too – they would all help to prevent die-off symptoms.

lockie86
    Participant

Hi thanks for this, yes been taking Molybdenum as part of Multiguard High Potency Multivitamin for a long time, and also used to do Country Life Chelated Molybdenum as well. Also currently trying this:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Biocare-BC-21315-Nutrisorb-Molybdenum-15ml/dp/B001881G9C/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1488989061&sr=8-1&keywords=biocare+nutrisorb+molybdenum

If I add more than 500mg molybdenum tho I generally feel worse, which is strange.

I also do Lamberts Milk Thistle and have just started chlorella, plus dandelion coffee and any other liver support I can find but my problem with toxins is so great I’m starting to wonder if I might have an issue with MTHFR Genetic Mutations & Impaired Methylation Problems as mentioned in Lisa’s latest info. I’m going to get tested for this as have battled for 4 years now doing everything suggested with little progress as toxicity gets me every time.

Thanks for replies!

el.er
    Participant
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 1

I did colon hydrotheraphy 2 months ago found it was amazing. I was already 2 months into the diet, so i would suggest to do it at the beginning of the diet, but i still feel like it made a lot of difference. First of all, i realised how much was actually stuck inside! It really got cleansed well and i felt much lighter after that. My symptoms also decreased a lot… I definitely recommend it! i will probably do another one in a few months because I’m still not over candida 100% yet.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘should i get a colonic?’ is closed to new replies.