Should i continue the diet

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Should i continue the diet

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Nia 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Grant
    Participant
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 10

I started doing the candida diet last sunday, and its really hard not going to lie. I went to the local homeopath, and i filled out a questionaire and scored real high in the candida field. The problem is i dont have any visible yeast infection. Never any athletes foot or the sorts. I do have brain fog, chronic fatigue, tremors, heart beat feeling (maybe coming from veins?) In my feet and chest, and i do have white on my tongue. Since starting the diet i have felt worse than i did before (maybe die off?) I am a current user of chewing tobacco and i read that i need to quit this for the best results, but my homeopath said i could continue. Is this diet even worth doing, i have read it works i have read it hasnt, and if it does work do i have to quit junk food forever, (homepath said this diet cures). I am 19 years old, feeling like trash most of the time, and took a round of antibiotics for lymes got sick again (lymes? or was it candida?) After taking tylenol after a night of binge drinking (got liver checked its good) if you got to the bottom thanks for reading i just need to know whether i should continue

Last Legs
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 22

Yes.

Grant
    Participant

These seem like symptons to you or what?

Last Legs
    Participant
    Replies: 22

Yes

RedSky
    Participant
    Replies: 23

I’m new to the diet and a bit of a novice on the whole thing, but even when my vaginal candida symptoms go away I still have those that you have listed.

The diet made me feel pretty rough for the first few days but I felt pretty good yesterday, woke with a headache today but I’m sure a little breakfast, plenty of fluids, supplements and fresh air will help.

The white tongue is something I only get during a flare up, my GP believes this is oral candida just on a quick look so I’m not sure what else it could be in your case.

Leila
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

Stay on it to be safe. Sounds like your not healthy if the questionnaire indicated you highly may have Candida. OR Until you get to the root cause. You may not be obviously sick now to where it has your attention. That’s how it was for me until my cup just spilled over and it was a lot at once. A lot of trial and error turned out to be hypothyroidism. Trying to figure out why now. I didn’t get off the diet until I addressed my thyroid correctly and it was with caution to not relapse back into Candida hell. Hope this helps but for your best interest stay on.

Grant
    Participant

I did do a stool test from verisana and the tests came back negative whether they are a legit company or not, i dont know, but if what they said is true im back to square one =( actually disapointed dont see myself ever getting better

Nia
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 46

Don’t do that, It should be your absolute last resort to get into the way of thinking. Keep your chin and hopes up. Everyone and I mean everyone’s body can heal given the right circumstances not generic protocol. Many people have had severe Candidiasis without a positive stool test. It means your body is fighting for you if you ask me.

There is no right way of doing this. Get on an elimination diet a strict one for a 2 weeks. Like keep it very simple and do not forget to cook everything and rotate your foods. Never giving up is by the most important thing you can do for yourself right now, you need to believe that you will get better. Whatever you can do to facilitate some kind of peace and release of stress is what you need to do.

I read the comments all over this forum on tips and tricks everyone forgets that the same hormones that save us in an emergency are the ones that kill us if we stay in that state long term. So please relax, find hope, let go of stress.

I have a type A personality and if people around me took notice of how lighthearted I have become you can do it too. I dead set in my ways until I heard it from my doctor, after I gave up on doing this alone a sought out professional help. It was her first rule of thumb on this.

After your elimination diet, keep it simple find yourself a good cleansers (killer and detox support) I used biocidin it worked for me find what works for you. Stay on that for as long as your body tells you to. I prefer a broad spectrum kind of thing. I kind of don’t care to know what I have going on inside of me, dysbiosis is dysbiosis no matter what causes it. Biofilms harbor bacteria, fungus, amoeba, and parasites alike. Wasting time figuring out which one or what they all eat the same thing need the same environmental conditions to thrive and all cause just about the same symptoms. Anyway, at some point you should feel better you can start adding foods and some supplements back in.

I started repairing my gut at this point. L glutamine and slippery elm is what my body liked so I started off my day with protein hearty shake with those 2 in it.

For me I didn’t need a lot since I spent so much time f’ing up during the elimination phase, I ate well very well but it took a lot of trial and error to figure out what I could and couldn’t handle. I wish I had done the Ige & Igg testing then. A lot of it made sense and some didn’t.

I am at what is called phase 4 and staying there for a year or more. I truly do believe a few months is not enough to repair 30 years of damage. I respect my body enough to spoil myself every now and then but it’s not my lifestyle anyway. I found an easygoing job. Moved out of my old moldy place, which doesn’t help anyone especially with a weak immune system.

I practice mindfulness and minima yoga 3 times a week. I also sought out professional help, therapy to work out those old issues in my head.

Now I don’t feel like I need to on top and bending over backwards to be happy, happy is what I make it to be.

Please find the calmness inside you without that, this road becomes longer than it should.

Grant
    Participant

Don’t do that, It should be your absolute last resort to get into the way of thinking. Keep your chin and hopes up. Everyone and I mean everyone’s body can heal given the right circumstances not generic protocol. Many people have had severe Candidiasis without a positive stool test. It means your body is fighting for you if you ask me.
    There is no right way of doing this. Get on an elimination diet a strict one for a 2 weeks. Like keep it very simple and do not forget to cook everything and rotate your foods. Never giving up is by the most important thing you can do for yourself right now, you need to believe that you will get better. Whatever you can do to facilitate some kind of peace and release of stress is what you need to do.
    I read the comments all over this forum on tips and tricks everyone forgets that the same hormones that save us in an emergency are the ones that kill us if we stay in that state long term. So please relax, find hope, let go of stress.
    I have a type A personality and if people around me took notice of how lighthearted I have become you can do it too. I dead set in my ways until I heard it from my doctor, after I gave up on doing this alone a sought out professional help. It was her first rule of thumb on this.
    After your elimination diet, keep it simple find yourself a good cleansers (killer and detox support) I used biocidin it worked for me find what works for you. Stay on that for as long as your body tells you to. I prefer a broad spectrum kind of thing. I kind of don’t care to know what I have going on inside of me, dysbiosis is dysbiosis no matter what causes it. Biofilms harbor bacteria, fungus, amoeba, and parasites alike. Wasting time figuring out which one or what they all eat the same thing need the same environmental conditions to thrive and all cause just about the same symptoms. Anyway, at some point you should feel better you can start adding foods and some supplements back in.
    I started repairing my gut at this point. L glutamine and slippery elm is what my body liked so I started off my day with protein hearty shake with those 2 in it.
    For me I didn’t need a lot since I spent so much time f’ing up during the elimination phase, I ate well very well but it took a lot of trial and error to figure out what I could and couldn’t handle. I wish I had done the Ige & Igg testing then. A lot of it made sense and some didn’t.
    I am at what is called phase 4 and staying there for a year or more. I truly do believe a few months is not enough to repair 30 years of damage. I respect my body enough to spoil myself every now and then but it’s not my lifestyle anyway. I found an easygoing job. Moved out of my old moldy place, which doesn’t help anyone especially with a weak immune system.
    I practice mindfulness and minima yoga 3 times a week. I also sought out professional help, therapy to work out those old issues in my head.
    Now I don’t feel like I need to on top and bending over backwards to be happy, happy is what I make it to be.
    Please find the calmness inside you without that, this road becomes longer than it should.

I thank you for the positivity that i am lacking i just feel like im at a dead end i just turned 20 years old and if i can’t get back to how i felt 2 years ago what’s the point, i doubt i will even be able to go to the bar(last time i had a beer i felt as though i was dying) even if i would do the diet religiously for a year for my 21st birthday, i know that sounds narcissistic but my life is literally ripped away from me. I havent done anything in a year such as going out and barely hang out with anybody and this is supposed to be lifes prime. I would love to start the diet but i cant quit my cigarette addiction so it would be pretty counteractive. I was a heavy leaf smoker, and though that didnt get rid of my problems it made me not think of them, i just feel like im at a dead end.

Nia
    Participant

Your talking to a former cigarette smoker of 15 years. Not socia I mean I had one all the time a pack every 3 days. I tried to quit so many times and failed and it was when I lost my breath in the parking lot of a Rite Aid going to go pick up some GERD medication I didn’t need from my old doctor I quit. I haven’t smoked since.

Beer will do it. It did it to me the yeast I can’t mess with.

I would not doubt that you maybe be exposed to mold either.

2 years ago before all this happened what major even happened in your life.

Mold toxicity will make you sensitive to coffee, chocolate, peanuts, beer, wine and yeast products pretty much anything that is high on the mold/fungal threshold.

If you want results and you want your life back you need to make sacrifices. Sounds like you been burning both ends of the candlestick here for a while.

What matters to you most, your social life or health. Because without your health there is no social life and you can’t force that.

Make a choice.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Grant
    Participant

It was the beginning of february of 2017 and before this i was experiencing fatigue brain fog and maybe some visual defects (nothing compared to now) and i was feeling this way because i abused benadryl for a couple months a year or so before that. Also a note i had lymes about a year earlier with a swollen calf no other symptoms and took one month doxy. Anyhow one night i drank 9 or 10 beers and was fine the following day i took an acetaminophen 500 and an aleve about 3 hours later for tooth pain. That night i was passing undigested food and i thought my i screwed up my liver. What i thought was my liver was aching for weeks i was bedridden the first few days and at 18 years old i thought i was dying. My symptoms have gotten worse but the what i thought liver pain subsided. I had multiple tests run at drs for every ailment including liver and nothing. Its like looking for a needle in a hay stack. I have never had any toe fungal infections and i dont know if it is the lymes doing this or if i could have histamine intolerance. I do have white on my tongue but i dont know whether its candida its not as bad as i have saw oral thrush online. Anyways i do wanna get better i just have no clue what im dealing with thanks 4 reading much love

Grant
    Participant

Also would like to note that i have tremors not severe but when fatigued they get worse and basically everywhere on my body shakes if given the right cause, and i have neverending itching but no visible rash

Nia
    Participant

You need to find yourself a doctor that specializes in mold toxicity and yeast overgrowth. You sound like me in February this year, except that I didn’t wait that long. Lucky misfortune my husband started having eye pain and headaches when I started coming around. Remedied the house and he went back to normal. As for me I am still working towards my normal. I

I definitely believe some people are more sensitive to things than others, and we get checked off as hypochondriacs because we don’t test abnormally according to western medicine.

I am truly sorry your going through this but you are also not helping yourself. When ever our body cannot detox it goes to war and shut down digestion first to keep other organs safe. Hence why your body was dumping food passing it whole.

Do you have dry eyes? Wake up with swollen eyes? Dry skin? You mentioned itching without visible rash I had that as well.

Please get on track grains are super hard on the body to digest, let it go. Seek help

Grant
    Participant

I have dry eyes occasionally its not a constant problem for me though, i wake up with bloodshot eyes, and i don’t think i have dry skin, i dont know what kind of help to seek i have a homeopathic doctor i go to but she doesnt seem extremley knowledgeable but not unknowledgable, i am doing this naet treatment for lymes and she said to do the diet, but she handed me a packet to go off of when eating although i understand the diet, i just have atypical symptoms of candida like never having a visible fungal infection and the tremors dont really fit into it either, also have this weirs thumping sensation in my whole body in my feet when i lay down and in my arms when i touch the right spot. You said about the cigarettes and quitting, i have had some bad experiences with them after getting sick like loss of breath and rapid heart rate chest pain etc but i figure i have nothing to lose at this point thanks 4 reading

Nia
    Participant

Well the bloodshot eyes is caused by dryness. When my House was not remediated yet I would wake up exhausted, body hurting with the feeling of having sand in my eyes, redness, eyelid swelling and or crusty eyes. Luckily we only stayed for a few months after that housing market took a shit so we got lucky and got into a house that was brand new with good ventilation, no rugs and a good dehumidifier. Since we moved the lights went on full time for me.

Mold toxicity and dysbiosis go hand in hand. My doctor was not the most knowledgeable either but she did a great job at listening to how my body felt and was willing to explore other avenues to get me to feel better.

I went from 75% good to 95%.

These where my symptoms:
    Headaches that felt like brain swelling
    Vértigo
    Joint pain especially the arms
    Dizziness
    Lightheaded
    Shortness of breath
    Tachycardia (fast heartbeat)
    Pots
    Folliculitus
    Fungal dermatitis
    Stomach Distensión
    Diarrhea first 2 months
    Constapation there after
    Bloating
    GERD cause by bike reflux
    Dry itchy skin
    Hair loss
    Many chemical sensitivities (especially to antifreeze)
    Allergic Rhinitis
    Laryngitis
    Vision changes (started with blurred vision)
    Tinnitus
    Severe brain fog
    Cervical neck pain
    Cognitive issues I could not think, remember, or concentrate.
    Very few skin sensitivities
    A lot of food intolerances
    I felt like the muscles in my neck and face would tense up insanely.
    I did not get my usual seasonal allergies which I found strange but my food intolerances where to foods that where cross reactive to the trees and grasses I was allergic to.

If you as many symptoms as I did and you feel better outside of work or home. Consider it.

Remember diet is not the whole picture nor can anyone sit there and say this diet is for you only your body can do that.

Start over and build your own food plan 1 food at a time

Best of luck bro

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Should i continue the diet’ is closed to new replies.