Shorter Cycle?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Shorter Cycle?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Lucylu 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

This is one for the girls…

Just wondering who has experience a change in their menstrual cycle since starting the diet? Unmanageble periods would have been one of my main symptoms of my candida overggrowth (which caused hormonal imbalances and therefore nightmare PMT and rediculously heavy flow). 3 months on and I’m delighetd to report that I now suffer from from NO PMT whatsoever (hubby can’t believe his luck!!) and totally normal (if not a little light) flow. Superb!

BUT my cycle length is shortening by the month! Month 1 I was 1 day early, month 2 I was 2 days early and and I’ve just been surprised by it arriving 3 days early! Previsouly I would have been 28 days on the button… at exactly the same time of day even! Anyone else experiencing this? It’s a slight nuisance when I don’t know when to expect it but that’s a small price to pay for the more positive changes. Even the outrageous PMT isn’t alerting to to the imminent onset because I’m not getting any haha!

Just wondering?

Lx

P.S. Able, your comments are also welcome as I’m sure you’ve come across something relevant in your research… even though the post starts as “one for the girls” I know you wouldn’t be able to resist reading on!! 😉

Summer
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 43

Whenever you make a dramatic change for your body it effects your cycle.
    Have you lost weight?
    Glad to hear that you are getting closer to healing. I would give it a few more months to see what happens, you’re body will most likely settle into a routine again.

Lucylu

Thanks Summer. Yes I’ve lost weight. I was just over 9 stone and have dropped to 8 1/2 which at 5ft 9in would be classed as slightly underweight I guess. But I would have thought this would lead to lesser periods, further apart? I dunno, I’m certainly no expert it’s just that my sister in law who trains for iron woman stuff didn’t have a period in a few years when she was at her lowest wieght and highest training levels. Then again… I’m not an international athlete so I’m not sure why I’m comparing!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Lucylu wrote: P.S. Able, your comments are also welcome as I’m sure you’ve come across something relevant in your research… even though the post starts as “one for the girls” I know you wouldn’t be able to resist reading on!! 😉

Ah bollocks, you know me so well. And um … thanks?

Even the outrageous PMT isn’t alerting to the imminent onset because I’m not getting any haha!

Aren’t we the lucky ones, because I can only imagine.

Actually, I may be able to supply a bit of info on the subject since I’ve studied and written about hormones being affected by Candida in the past.
    Irregular menstrual cycles or unusual menstrual pain are not at all unusual with Candida, and as you’ve already mentioned, this is all about a hormonal imbalance caused by the production a false form of estrogen. You can imagine what a false hormone in the body might do to various bodily functions.

Specific hormone activities and symptoms of imbalance can take time to complete, meaning it could be that you’re just now experiencing this symptom because of the time involved in some of the changes.

By the way, almost everyone with a Candida infestation at one time or another will experience a low functioning immune system, and a weak immune system can also throw your hormonal balance off.

Also the weight you’ve lost can be contributing to this since you no doubt lost a bit of muscle weight considering you certainly weren’t overweight to begin with.

Of course, it should go without saying, before anyone assumes this is their root cause of an imbalance or a problem, one should first rule out all the obvious or possible causes plus to what degree the hormones have changed. Unfortunately this probably means a visit to a gynecologist. Please note, I’m not stating
    “unfortunately” from personal experience, only from my imagination running insanely about.

Able

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Lucylu wrote: just over 9 stone … 5ft 9in

Groan.

Lucylu

What’s the groan about Abe?! I don’t get it…

And wash your mouth out mister – an innocent little Irish girl like myself wouldn’t be used to such foul language!!

Thanks for the scientific bit… not sure I understand it all but the doc who diagnosed my Candida day one assured me that my menstrual stuff would drastically improve and explained the false estrogen etc to me. And as I HAVE seen those drastic improvements I’m not ready to go rushing into an OBGYN demanding to be looked at because my periods are such a breeze now! Nah, I’m not worried about it at all, just wondered if anyone else noticed the shorter cycle… in fact I’m delighted I’m early because we’re away next weekend and it would have been an “inconvenience” if I’d had it then. (Did I mention I was going away?!!!! Just the tinest bit excited, not that you would have noticed!!)

Lx

BlueSkies
    Participant
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 73

Lucylu;

Mine is all over the place – late, early, spotting, etc. It is better than it was previously from the “medicinal candida culprit” that made this infestation possible, but you’re not alone with this. I’m with Able900 and I’m going to start attributing more of the hormonal imbalance to weight loss. My BMI is now 17.7 and dropping more slowly (thank goodness), but I expect that it will impact my cycle.

Lucylu

Thanks Blueskies – yes, I’m sure the weightloss will probably be impacting it slightly. But I think it’s more than that. 3 babies ago I lost my baby weight very fast (too fast) and also in my early 20’s lost about 2.5 stone over 1 summer in a very unhealthy way… and neither of those things impacted my cycle. So I think it’s more the hormonal changes because I’ve noticed such HUGE changes with anything thats linked to my hormone levels – like PMT, tearfullness, quickness to anger etc etc. My hubby said to me a few weeks ago “it’s great to have you back, my love”… and it’s great to be back to my old self. I really didn’t realise how bad I was am saddened looking back now and thinking how unstable my emotions were.

BlueSkies
    Participant
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 73

Lucylu;

I noticed that the Candida and it’s toxins also altered my cycle a lot. The candida play havoc with estrogen. I too had (have) vicious PMS. My overall hormones and the emotional well-being are improving, but there is room for more positive change on that score.

BlueSkies – week 7

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Just wanted to add that I had my cycle at 28 days exactly, but since I have problems (since last summer) my cycle shortened to 20 days. I’ve had very painful periods and terrible PMS. My husband used to complain that he has his wife only 10 days in the month (ten days PMS, 10 days MS). Had endometriosis removed before I had my kids, that and breastfeeding after improved it a little for a while, but it came back right after I finished with breastfeeding, even though it was not as bad as before I had kids.

I’m on strict diet for two weeks and even though my cycle is still shorter, I must say that I don’t have PMS and that they are much lighter than before (I used night pads as daily before!).

So I just wanted to share the similar experience 🙂 Hopefully this means that I am getting healed pretty soon.

Lucylu

Orka,

Thanks for sharing that! I’m delighted that your PMT has stopped as well. It’s so great isn’t it? I don’t think men understand how it just takes over and we have no control over our emotions, tears & anger. I hate hate hate it! But I don’t haveit any more either yay! It’s just one of the many improvements you’ll see if you stick with this diet… bist of luck with the rest of your recovery.

Lx

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Shorter Cycle?’ is closed to new replies.