Short term prescrip Anxiety med ok?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Short term prescrip Anxiety med ok?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Doggiemama 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

titan
    Participant
    Topics: 51
    Replies: 131

Is it okay to take a short term prescription anxiety medication to alleviate sudden troublesome symptoms while on the diet?

I have the natural herb Ashwangda? that I’m taking regularly, but recent events are triggering massive anxiety like I’ve never experienced before, and it’s hurting my progression on the diet.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Ashwangda supposedly helps to manage elevated cortisol levels, so it should be effective for anxiety. By “recent events” do you mean unavoidable psychological triggers (e.g. relationship problems)?

I wouldn’t think a short-term prescription would be too harmful if you looked up the details of the particular drug first. Some of them have nasty fillers or ridiculous side-effects. Antidepressants that cause impotence, hair loss, digestive distress and weight gain don’t sound like anything to be happy about.

If the problems are physical or the stress isn’t so major, I’d look for alternatives though. Is there anyone you can talk to about your problems? Exercise brings about positive changes in hormones that can beat stress too. Improving omega-3/omega-6 balance and correcting vitamin D deficiency have positive effects on brain chemistry too. Similarly, make sure you’re getting enough salt in your diet, and if you’re eating less than 50g/day of carbs, consider upping them to come out of ketosis. Others report improved calmness from supplementing magnesium.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would consider alternatives to western medicines which don’t cure the problem but only alleviate the symptoms.

A great alternative to medication is acupuncture which can completely transform how you feel within 20 minutes. And the changes could be long lasting too. Basically you can go in feeling cranky, full of anxiety, depressed, etc. and come out feeling like a million bucks (for days).

Another alternative would be to do mineral springs or massages which both physically alter the body and makes you feel good.

I had a friend who had anxiety and he decided to take medication for it. He has been on this anxiety medication for over a year and I would say that he is more messed up now than before he was taking the medication. He’ll probably continue to to take it until he gets some bad side effects. Didn’t cure the problem…

-raster

titan
    Participant
    Topics: 51
    Replies: 131

thanks for the advice. noted.

Take care,

Titan

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

titan wrote: Is it okay to take a short term prescription anxiety medication to alleviate sudden troublesome symptoms while on the diet?
    I have the natural herb Ashwangda? that I’m taking regularly, but recent events are triggering massive anxiety like I’ve never experienced before, and it’s hurting my progression on the diet.

Sometimes itโ€™s necessary to sidestep the Candida treatment and treat the body against another problem which may have nothing to do with Candida. This is one of those hopefully rare cases. Do what you have to do to control the anxiety, Titan; ending massive anxiety will in itself aid your adrenals and therefore the Candida overgrowth in the long run.

Able

s.
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 80

Another thought..some people have servere withdrawals and pretty troubling detox periods when they come off perscription axiety drugs. May be appealing now, but not so much once you’re on them and trying to come off. But we are not here to judge! We’ll be supportive whatever decision you make. ๐Ÿ™‚

Doggiemama
    Topics: 43
    Replies: 204

i take anti depressants and have since shortly before starting my diet. i had read about how it helped with chornic fatigue..along with some other vitamins like Vit C, Glutamine, and a couple others. i have always taken them off and on all my life but i felt this time i wanted to try them for chronic fatigue. i was having severe body aches every single night, tired very badly every day. it was horrible.so the first day i started taking them, the aches went away. it was AWESOME. so i was taking 2 a day and have now cut back to one a day. i will stop taking them soon but wanted them to keep working a little longer. i cant tell if i am having any issues taking them otherwise. but i definitely dont regret taking them cause they DID help me stop aching. and to describe the aching i had. it was flu like body aches.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Short term prescrip Anxiety med ok?’ is closed to new replies.