Shirataki noodles

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Shirataki noodles

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jelly_bear 2 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

iseerainbow
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hi everyone, I am combating with candida infection too. I am trying to stick on strict diet but running out on food to eat. I have been eating eggs everyday…now I feel sick of egg. I am wondering have anyone tried Shirataki noodle or could it be added into candida diet? Shirataki noodle is made from the root of a plant (Amorphophallus Konjac) with totally a beneficial type of fiber and has no bad carbohydrates. It also helps to control blood sugar.

jelly_bear
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 4

From what i’ve read it actually reduces the sugar in your body which is a good thing for us right? If its recommended for diabetics…? I would also like to know if it’s ok because i would love to eat them too!! Also we could make some wonderful Konjac dessert jellies!!

jelly_bear
    Participant

And in lab dishes, GM *inhibits candida while encouraging lactobacilli* !!!! Wow! This could make a bit of konjac with meals a very easy candida treatment!
    Konjac glucomannan hydrolysate (GMH) was compared with inulin and glucose for its capacity to support the growth of probiotic bacteria but inhibit the growth of Candida albicans in vitro. The growth of lactic acid bacteria (LAB) was studied under aerobic, anaerobic and 5% CO2 conditions where the GMH progressively supported the growth of LAB as a function of concentration (0.1, 0.5, 1.0 and 2.0% w/v). In mixed cultures, GMH promoted the growth of LAB (even at concentrations as low as 0.1%) and consequently increased inhibition of C. albicans under anaerobic conditions, 5% CO2 or aerobic conditions. Inhibition of C. albicans growth was generally higher than that with glucose or inulin and, of the LAB strains, Lactobacillus jensenii exhibited most inhibition of the pathogen.

jelly_bear
    Participant

GM is what they use for konjac… Here in Asia they call it the intestine broom.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Shirataki noodles’ is closed to new replies.