SHARING OUR MISTAKES

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions SHARING OUR MISTAKES

This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Doggiemama 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

As this forum is just as much about sharing and learning from each other as it is to seek advice, I thought it might be helpful for those who are more experienced to share their mistakes along their journeys with us all. We all have made plenty of mistakes, not what caused the Candida to get out of balance but, rather what mistakes we made in our healing journey.

For instance. I didn’t do any research other than what the GP provided at time of dx before starting my journey. When that failed I didn’t have a clue what to do but, rest and give it another try after try. Lost a LOT of time that way and created much confusion which I’m still sorting out.

Then I got way too eager and didn’t have a REAL thought out plan before changing EVERYTHING at once; going to the extreme of extreme diets. Making too many sudden and rapid changes preventing knowing what was doing what all through my journey. Not embracing there is no CURE from Candida, rather it’s all about getting it into BALANCE the way nature intended.

If I’m not mistaken since I’m no biologist, once Candida encounters antifungals it goes into self protection mode only making it that much harder to get into balance with the body in future attempts.

There so many products to secure, financially it’s rough. Waiting a couple of months to arrange all the necessary ingredients/supplements would have been a huge aid, rather than encountering some malady and having to find money I may not immediately be able to afford due to seeking immediate relief.

If it was possible to get back to the starting gates again, I would take more time reading/learning/absorbing/immersing to plot out a personal strategy before stepping up to the gates.

Spending more time in prayer visualizing a positive outcome and seeking the strength to overcome before starting any treatment would have been a HUGE advantage.

Mine is an ever evolving list which is very fluid. People with more experience under their belts should have even better experience to share than my humble OPINIONS……that’s all this is OPINIONS and NOT to override forum protocol…..just candida sufferers sharing their experiences.

We all want to get better and enjoy our lives as best we can. Sharing the negatives outcomes from past experiences might go a LONG way towards helping newbies get started on their journey.

Anyone else can to chime in?

Many thanks in advance.

Croc
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 38

flailingWcandi wrote: Not embracing there is no CURE from Candida, rather it’s all about getting it into BALANCE the way nature intended.

Of course there is no cure from candida. Candida itself is nothing bad at all and I guess we’d die without, but its overgrowth is.

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

I have some experiences (mistakes) to share.

– Fix your mental conditions before you fix candida

No matter how hard you try physically and painstakingly following the protocol, you wont get better if you are poisoning your mind (and gut) with depression or stress (could be subconscious!). If your health problems have a mental cause, fix them before you fix candida, because negative thoughts and emotions can be worse that junkfood. And to add: fix the underlying cause of your dysbiosis. Candida doesnt fall out of the sky.

– Do not create a carb phobia.

Be happy with your food, even if its cheat food. Dont hate your food. Dont feel guilty about having a few carbs, dont selfcritize when you are doing this very, very hard thing to get yourself healthy. To deny ourselves things we love takes discipline, dont underestimate this. You are doing this for yourself, at your tempo, the best you can. And everyone is wired differently.

Remember a life of health, goals and dreams

Try to remember what healthy felt like, what excitement felt like, and determine how much you want that life back. If you have this mindset, that you know that you will get healthy, then you dont have to worry so much. You, as a human being, are worth it.

Create a healing environment

If you environment is keeping you in a negative spiral, mentally or physically (bad food or toxic environment), then change your world. Go to a retreat, travel to a community, go camping, find a positive surrounding to support you. If you are not happy where you are, a protocol might not be enough, beause the same triggers will get you unhealthy again. That said, a relocation is not a magical fix, but it could very well be a crucial step towards improvement.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Check out this post for a good general plan to get better, it was created by me and able who experienced a variety of setbacks and mistakes while on our journey to health:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

-raster

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

Chris24 wrote: I have some experiences (mistakes) to share.

– Fix your mental conditions before you fix candida

No matter how hard you try physically and painstakingly following the protocol, you wont get better if you are poisoning your mind (and gut) with depression or stress (could be subconscious!). If your health problems have a mental cause, fix them before you fix candida, because negative thoughts and emotions can be worse that junkfood. And to add: fix the underlying cause of your dysbiosis. Candida doesnt fall out of the sky.

– Do not create a carb phobia.

Be happy with your food, even if its cheat food. Dont hate your food. Dont feel guilty about having a few carbs, dont selfcritize when you are doing this very, very hard thing to get yourself healthy. To deny ourselves things we love takes discipline, dont underestimate this. You are doing this for yourself, at your tempo, the best you can. And everyone is wired differently.

Remember a life of health, goals and dreams

Try to remember what healthy felt like, what excitement felt like, and determine how much you want that life back. If you have this mindset, that you know that you will get healthy, then you dont have to worry so much. You, as a human being, are worth it.

Create a healing environment

If you environment is keeping you in a negative spiral, mentally or physically (bad food or toxic environment), then change your world. Go to a retreat, travel to a community, go camping, find a positive surrounding to support you. If you are not happy where you are, a protocol might not be enough, beause the same triggers will get you unhealthy again. That said, a relocation is not a magical fix, but it could very well be a crucial step towards improvement.

Good post Chris, thanks.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Your FIRST and MAIN enemy is the spreaded information you find in the web about how to treat this syndrome.
    There are hundreds of myths and bad procedures implicating waste of money, time, and prolonging your suffering.

The biggest mistake is to follow unreal procedures and treatments.
    Jorge.

flailingWcandi

bumping — as this information is very useful (at least to me)

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Excellent idea, Flailing.

In thinking back over my own mistakes as I was creating a protocol, I’m reminded of the first time that I tried to add some new foods to my diet. There were no instructions to follow such as our protocol as mine was a work in progress at the time, so, the first really big mistake I made was trying to introduce new foods much too early because I assumed that when all of my symptoms had disappeared, I could start introducing the new foods. My new added foods were red apples and regular crackers with peanut butter. Another mistake was starting the foods one day and the other food the next when I should have waited at least two weeks before adding the second one. These few foods caused the infestation to return in full strength, probably about twice as bad as it was the first time.

Just know that if you add foods too early, your infestation can very well return with more strength than before, and when your symptoms return, they can be much worse than before. I know that everyone is very eager to add a few new foods, but keep this story in mind as well as those of many other forum members.

Another mistake which I made on the second try during the antifungal stage was being unaware of ways to prevent what felt like a “deadly” case of die-off. I was sure that drinking water constantly and using fresh squeezed lemon water would help, but these alone just aren’t strong enough against aldehyde poisons. So, before I discovered Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate or Candidate, one of the sickest days I’ve ever spent in my entire life was the day I ate ½ of a large rutabaga for the first time, and instead of a few bites, I ate the entire half all at one meal. I spent the rest of the day and night in bed praying to either get over whatever was trying to kill me, or just die. Rutabaga is described as a natural antifungal, but no one had ever written about how strong the antifungal properties were. This was by far the most powerful antifungal I used during the entire protocol, but I’m sure that, had I been aware of them, both Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate and Candidate by Native Remedies would have prevented most of the horrible suffering and severe sickness.

I certainly hope that each of you can learn from all of our mistakes.

Able

Positivo
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 246

Thanks flailingwcandi,

I am happy someone created this. My mistakes would have to be not taking molybdenum in the beginning of the treament. My die off was so bad I had to take antibiotics for the pink eye I developed out of fear of what could happen to my eyes. The next mistake I made was taking a supplement that had sugar in it and I wasnt even aware of it. This taught me a big lesson. The next mistake would have to be the fact that I didnt reconize a reaction from food as opposed to a reaction from die off. I just realized today that Im not digesting hempseeds. I have been eating them for about 3 weeks so its not too big of a deal. I think we have all made the mistake of not preparing for this journey properly and spending so much money on stuff that didnt give us the cure we were hoping for. Mistakes just make us stronger. I trust in the protocol here and I continue to do research to add things to the protocol that can only benefit me. It just takes time. Like you said candida isnt the enemy. We just need to balance the gut flora and strengthen the immune system which takes time. I once felt that I needed to constantly do things or take things to get rid of candida but that isnt the solution. It will just come back if nothing is in our body to keep it in check. I also made mistakes making cultured vegetables. Im on my 3rd batch. The first 2 were a complete failure but I cant give up on it because I know there are enormous benefits in fermented and cultured foods for our gut flora, immune system, nutrients and to combat candida. As I am writing this I just realized what my biggest mistake was………….SETTING UP A TIMELINE OF WHEN I WOULD BE CURED. This will just set you up for a huge dissapoinment and stress. I need to go at our own pace. This cant be a competetion of who can be cured the fastest. Its tough seeing other people around us doing the things we want to do but we have to live our life at our own pace.

Stay positive

flailingWcandi

bumping

flailingWcandi

bumping

Doggiemama
    Topics: 43
    Replies: 204

Able, thank you for your post.

And Chris too.

I like hearing these stories. I was unaware about Molybdenum. i wished i had been a little more prepared and knew what i was in for..on the die off. those first two weeks were horrible. i had zero energy. i could barely walk across the room..i had no breath to get there either. but after that, i started slowly getting my energy back. Thank God. I DID however purchase Candidate but wasnt sure what i needed to use it for. i didnt take any of this stuff till after those two weeks. i suppose I wasnt prepared for what die off was or what it could do. i dont really feel die off much anymore. i been on the diet for 3 months and I am starting to feel better. some days are not so good but most are getting better. my fatigue is gone now. i was having chronic fatigue and severe body aches..flu like. now that is all gone. i do test foods on occasion. i tried a granny smith apple yesterday..probably way too soon for me to do that but.. i did..out of curiosity i think mostly. and i was ok. i didnt have a reaction. not sure what that means. i doubt i east another one for awhile.

But yes i love to hear these stories.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘SHARING OUR MISTAKES’ is closed to new replies.