Sharing my thoughts about this battle….

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Sharing my thoughts about this battle….

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  orka1998 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

goingnatural
    Topics: 38
    Replies: 249

You know, it has been 2 years since I first *tasted* what it was like to feel health: my memory worked, I didn’t have pain, I could sleep, and I felt joy. Since that time I have been through the ups and downs of trying to get there again. The road is long, filled with many self-afflicted detours.

Candida, damages the physical and mental; really the soul of those afflicted. I’ve been through much, depression, arthritic pain, stomach problems, brain fog, the enduring question: IS IT WORTH IT?! But, just as I remind myself … and my girlfriend … and myself once again. IT IS.

I am thankful there are others out there fighting this so we can feel HEALTHY and make a difference in our own unique way.

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

I’d love to hear a little bit about what’s been going on for you in the last 2 years. There’s surely something we can all learn from your story.

goingnatural

Hi, Mrs. Candida. LOL, never thought I’d speak to Candida directly!

Well, after 6 months of a very strict diet a couple years ago, working with doctors, taking antifungals I started feeling wonderful. At the same time the pressure to “relax” and eat like everyone else and my own food “addictions” krept in and I relapsed. Very quickly my brain fog set in… memory gone, muscle/joint pain came roaring back — It was like for the first time in my life (yes, I believe I have had a problem with Candida since childhood) I could SEE, like I was in a room FULL of bright lights and then just like that the room was almost nearly dark.

Since then, I have cycled through the diet/antifungals, then cheated, and restarted this cycle … all while learning what foods I am intolerant to and appreciating how susceptible I am to overgrowth.

Really it has been a process of accepting… to know for me that I HAVE TO LIVE THE REST OF MY LIFE THIS WAY if I want to truly live.

Hope that answers your question, let me know?

orka1998
    Participant
    Replies: 673

My opinion : it is worth it! I am almost completely symptom free, but still working on it. For me, getting rid of symptoms is enough, but I am sticking to it and secretly hoping I will be completely healed (for me the jury is out because I have an overgrowth for over 30 years, not sure I can fix that much damage at my age). If I don’t, being symptom free is enough for me. I am happy with what I eat, naturally missing few things like cheese, or more fruit, but I can live like this for the rest of my life!

I hope you get at least to where I am today. But I was on the strict diet without cheating for about a year. As my symptoms went away, I did move to a next stage and added few food items that make my life easier. I decided to do things slow. I am still learning after a year on this treatment and changing my lifestyle, as well as my children’s diet and trying to make healthier environment for them as well. So something good came out of all of this: had I not gotten so ill and found out about candida, I would not take care of my girls as well as I do today.

As you see, I tend to stick to the positive side 🙂

Best of luck to you!

Arijana

goingnatural

orka1998;35572 wrote: My opinion : it is worth it! I am almost completely symptom free, but still working on it. For me, getting rid of symptoms is enough, but I am sticking to it and secretly hoping I will be completely healed (for me the jury is out because I have an overgrowth for over 30 years, not sure I can fix that much damage at my age). If I don’t, being symptom free is enough for me. I am happy with what I eat, naturally missing few things like cheese, or more fruit, but I can live like this for the rest of my life!

I hope you get at least to where I am today. But I was on the strict diet without cheating for about a year. As my symptoms went away, I did move to a next stage and added few food items that make my life easier. I decided to do things slow. I am still learning after a year on this treatment and changing my lifestyle, as well as my children’s diet and trying to make healthier environment for them as well. So something good came out of all of this: had I not gotten so ill and found out about candida, I would not take care of my girls as well as I do today.

As you see, I tend to stick to the positive side 🙂

Best of luck to you!

Arijana

That is a great way to look at things… thank you! And it reminds me of a certain Monty Python song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoaktW-Lu38

Or, in our case, “Always Look On The Bright Side Of Candida”

orka1998
    Participant
    Replies: 673

goingnatural;35687 wrote:
    That is a great way to look at things… thank you! And it reminds me of a certain Monty Python song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoaktW-Lu38

Or, in our case, “Always Look On The Bright Side Of Candida”

Hahaha, so true! I tend to think that things don’t just happen, everything happens for a reason 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Sharing my thoughts about this battle….’ is closed to new replies.