Sex and Candida?

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Sex and Candida?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  2ndRound 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Rockinbetty
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 3

So after much awaited time of searching the internet and doctor visits, I’ve found this site..and am excited to say that I will start the diet/detox this weekend.

But there is one thing that has been driving me up the wall. Whenever I have sex with my boyfriend, I break out in an awful infection…and he does too ):
    Granted, I think I was the first one to start the cycle, since he never had them before…his last about a week and then symptoms go away… I finished a diflucan and yogurt overdosing last month and then it happened again! and this time its awful and painful and awful.. again, I went to the doctor today..and decided to force a diflucan on my boyfriend..but is there ever a way to stop this?? Or am I cursed for life?!

I’m doing this diet for myself. I’m tired of this “BS” . Over the coarse of the last 10 months, I’ve pretty much changed my diet..exercise everyday, no alcohol, almost no breads or pastas, and sugar intake minimal to a piece of dark chocolate every once in a while..

Has anyone else had similar experiences?? I’m so desperate for support or advice or anything ): It’s so depressing.

I’m hoping this diet and new lifestyle will help me.

Hope
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 187

I don’t want to cause conflict between you and your boyfriend, but it’s true that partners can pass candida back and forth to one another. It sounds like he really needs to go on the diet, too. But, I know that might be a huge battle 🙁 At least you could use condoms? If you just keep passing it back and forth, the diet isn’t going to help you long term.

Not happy news. I know.

Rockinbetty
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 3

Thank you for at least responding!!! I actually tried to explain this theory to him, and he thought I was just making it up..since his symptoms clear up so fast..but yes, we are using condoms now.. I actually got Diflucan from my doctor and was planning on giving him one.. is it possible that he can give it back even if he doesn’t have symptoms?

No matter what, I think I’m going to do the diet…I feel like my good bacteria is down or my immune system..but if this “tag team infection” is whats happening, then I will feel a little more relief.

Thanks Hope

LolloRosso
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 18

I didn’t know that, my Fiance has been having many similar Candida Symptoms over the last couple of years. I feel terrible thinking I have infected him with this :0(

Hope
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 187

I’m not sure what to tell you. You know I’m not a health care practicioner or anything 😉 I can share, though, that a good friend of mine is currently on the diet *not* because of her symptoms, but because of her *husband’s* symptoms. He’s off the charts on those candida questionairre thingymabobs. The chiropractor they’re seeing really stressed that they both needed to go on the diet – strictly – to avoid contant reinfection. I don’t know if this is because his symptoms are so severe (and he’s had them, literally, for years and years) or if this is just standard practice for couples. My husband isn’t on the diet, but we’re using condoms. Which is hilarious, because I’m pregnant right now! 😉 I’m sorry I don’t know more, but I hope you all can figure out what’s best for you both.

2ndRound
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 9

Friend of mine who had never had it before said he had gotten it from his girlfriend.

He said specifically that if the partner exposed to it doesn’t have a healthy immune system, then it can be transferred, and that’s how he got it. He just didn’t happen to be as healthy as he used to be for awhile (he’d been dating her for awhile) and it got transferred.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Sex and Candida?’ is closed to new replies.